“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #72 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Oswego, Illinois, United States
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The Service provided by the staff at the front desk was awesome. They were all very helpful. Especially Reighann, who helped me complete a business project I was working on. She took the time to stop and attend to me needs. She is a asset to this hotel.

Room Tip: away from pool, if you want quiet before 10pm
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
David - Thanks for your kind words about our front desk staff as we strive to give outstanding customer service and clearly Reigann provided that to you and I will certainly let her know! Thanks again for your business as I truly appreciate it and hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
usa
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed here twice. The first time it was when the baby was born, so we originally stayed here because they had a shuttle bus within a five mile radius of the hotel, which meant that their shuttle took us to and from Northeast Kansas City Hospital. We appreciated that the staff were all very nice. We booked the hotel the same morning that we arrived and they were very helpful. Whenever we needed the shuttle, we just had to ask them. We also had not brought anything with wireless internet access, so their computers with free internet was very nice. We stayed the first time on the 2nd floor, which I think seems to be newer. The only thing with that is that it is hard to sleep at night because of the glare from the lights in the holidome. The food from their restaurant that we got for room service one night was good-the philly cheese steak and the crispiest, yummiest french fries. They have a nice pool that we did not ever use. Their restaurant and breakfast area is nice. On the weekend, they have sausage, french toast sticks, chocolate milk, regular milk, cereals, oatmeal, toast, donuts, fruit salad. On the weekdays, they have fresh orange juice and a wider selection of breakfast foods.

The second time we stayed there, we stayed on the first floor and it was a little older and the room smelled smoky despite it being non-smoking. I did not like being on the first floor because our window looked out the front. However, the perk was that at night I slept better because there was no light from the lobby. I would stay here for a weekend or short stays. It is just fine for that. The TV did not work in our room the 2nd time we stayed here, but they fixed it.

Room Tip: I would not stay on the first floor because the rooms appear to be older, but it is fine. 2nd floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us...we certainly appreciate it! I will pass on the kind words to my staff and hope to see you back soon as we appreciate your business!
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We enjoyed our time here!! The staff is wonderful very helpful made us feel like one of the FAMILY!!!! A special THANK YOU to Marvin Drew a great person!!! Thank You to all the staff!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor very quite!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carla G
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Carla - Thanks for the kind words on your recent stay with us and I will certainly let Marvin know as well, he is a tremendous asset to the hotel! Thank You for your business and hope to see you back soon!
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I would like to thank Reighann for all her help upon my arrival. As this was my first trip to Kansas City, every question I had to ask she answered with a smile and was most helpful. Kudos to her and the staff...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Joelane47
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Joe -

Thnk you for your response and I will sure pass this along to ReAnne and her department supervisor! Thanks for your bnusiness and we hope to see you back soon!
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2012

was a good experience. food and bevarage was good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Terry G
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Terry - Thank you for your great feedback on you recent stay with us! We certainly appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!
Kansas City
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed at this holiday inn last night so my daughter could go swimming for her birthday. We go swimming right up the street from this hotel in the summer at oceans of fun... but it's only feb.
This hotel was great. from the front desk to the ladies covering the breakfast buffet to the nice lady that was working the evening shift in the dining area.
The pool wasn't as warm as i'm use too for a holiday inn (like six flags eureka) I actually had goose bumps while in the water but hot tub was great. In the dining area i'd have to say the spaghetti and the steak burger are both above average. I'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dschuler2
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay with us.....we appreciate your business and hope to see you back here soon!!
Colby, Kansas, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2012

If you are looking for a clean hotel with a great staff this is the one for you. I was surprised by some of the negative reviews. I can personally say if you do have any issues I promise you they will do everything they can to make sure your stay is very enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jason M
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Jason -

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us! If I can assist you in the future please let me know and I hope to see you back soon! Thank you for your business!