“Very disappointing”
Review of Ramada Kansas City

Ramada Kansas City
Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed January 20, 2012

So.. to follow-up on my last review, I had to wait 3 months before I could add to my original review. Unfortunately I will not be staying here again... ever. After knowing about our previous stay and having the reservation clearly indicate our requirements (pets, near a door, outside ring) I again had trouble at check-in, again putting us in the back of the hotel where we would have to walk our dogs through the dome to take them outside. Needless to say I did excercise my status as platimun, and held my ground for an acceptable room near a door and on the outer ring. Wonder of wonders, they did have one that met our needs. Unfortunately, after spending the day at the RenFest in BonnerSprings, I return to the hotel and no housekeeping done on the room, nothing, nada, zippo. Seriously!?! Abosolutely couldn't comprehend it. We took the dogs with us, so there was not any excuse for the room to not be addressed by the housekeeping staff. Coupons do not make up for the lack of maid service, not what I expect from any hotel in the Holiday Inn chain. Part of the price you pay is for the maid service to do the minimum, i.e make a bed, change out towels if necessary and refresh the amenities. I usually count anything above this as a perk. If it was a Candlewood that would be different, but it is not.

So... never again, pet friendly is not something they truely care about, nor do they feel it necessary to maintain their reputation with returning guests.

Room Tip: Keep on looking if you have pets, not the place to stay or expect any consideration.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mouse456
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Let me start by apologizing for your stay in October as we try to accomodate all of our guests as best as we can and clearly that did not happen. I have addressed this with the appropriate department heads to ensure this does not happen afain and hope that you would give us another chance to prove this. Please call me directly if you wish to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Very nice and clean hotel. Great service. I stay in hotel/motels 16 - 22 nights a month and this hotel is very nice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bsommer
Derek44535, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thank You for your response on your recent stay! We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

It's safe, the rooms are in good shape, the property is maintained, the breakfast is good, and it has a decent bar and restaurant, and there are plenty of stores and eateries in the area. If you don't have a Priority Club Rewards Card get one before you make your reservations; they'll give you free breakfast or drink coupons at check in. They have a cookie lady that visits each room in the evening; get the cookies and ask for a milk. Yum. Parking close to the door could be a problem and you might have to walk a bit to enter the property after you find a spot.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a room away from the indoor pool and the ice machines and the front of the b...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thank You for your recent comments about our hotel as we cetainly appreciate your business! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you and hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed November 23, 2011

The beds were comfy, people nice, (especially Mary Greene), we went for a family time trip, the hot tub and pool are really nice for that. I didnt like the "fitness room" it needs some new equipment but overall was nice for what we wanted this trip for.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank You for your recent stay at our hotel and glad that you enjoyed the pool and hot tub! I will certainly let Mary Green know the kind words you expressed as well and hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2011

The room was very nice, the breakfast was good, and for the most part the staff was nice. However, the girl that checked us in was not very nice. She was rather rude and left the check in experience with much to be desired. The other front desk person that was working with her, I believe his name was Bruce, was very helpful. The morning M.O.D. was very nice and helpful as well. Other than the rude 3-11 girl, the stay was great.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brittney W

Brittney - Thank you for your comments and I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I want to start by saying "THANK YOU" for your business! Im glad you enjoyed your room and breakfast and that Bruce was helpful! Im really sorry about your issue with our night desk agent and I have had a long talk about customer service with her. Please let me know if I can do anything for you and hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I generally do like this hotel, unfortunately our latest trip was a disappointment. I travel frequently for busines so my points vary on the chain depending on the year. I was still classified as a gold member. I frequently use this particular hotel due to the pet policy, I can bring my dogs. My family arrived the day ahead of me, but when I did, I discovered that they had put us in a room that was on the interior ring looking out on the restaruant, immediately overlooking the buffet line, I couldn't believe it. With hardly anyone in the hotel, this is the only place they could put us? And being gold to boot, and paying full price and not using points? You cannot leave your curtains open, so you are essentially in a room with no windows, very dark and claustrophobic. With pets on the reservation (they didn't know I wasn't bringing them) we would have had to walk completely through the full hotel, past the restaurants and the pool, to take them outside for taking care of business, again.. hardly anyone in the hotel and they couldn't put us near a door for a quick escape?

I give them credit, in that as soon as I explained that hanging out at the hotel for the afternoon in this particular room was unacceptable, they move us to an outer room (with windows and curtains we could leave open), but... the air conditioning did not work and we sweated for 3 hours before we realized that we needed to say something. The AC was not turned on when we got to the new room, and we just thought that it would cool down once we waited for the AC, silly us. They did have it fixed in 30 minutes and the room cooled, but the thought of a third room for a 2 day stay was not a brownie point in their direction. Again... hardly anyone staying there on those days (Wednesday and Thursday nights) and this is what they offer guests? Someone was not thinking of guest comfort.

Checkout was also a hassle, they did not remove pet fees from the reservation even though we asked them several times, and their computer system kept hanging up, the longest checkout I've ever had at a Holiday Inn.

That being said, we will be staying another weekend in September and I did have them update my reservation before I left to include being placed on the outer ring in a room with windows near a door for pet escapes.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff is always friendly, rooms are always clean. The Bar at the hotel is what I liked best, great bartender. There is nothing you could do to make my stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Doug - Thanks for your feeback and for your business and I look forward to seeing you next week!