All reviewsholiday innbreakfast buffetindoor poolbar tenderthe room was nicefront desk staffnice staymo
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The beds were comfy, people nice, (especially Mary Greene), we went for a family time trip, the hot tub and pool are really nice for that. I didnt like the "fitness room" it needs some new equipment but overall was nice for what we wanted this trip for.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Derek44535, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Kansas City Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thank You for your recent stay at our hotel and glad that you enjoyed the pool and hot tub! I will certainly let Mary Green know the kind words you expressed as well and hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2011

The room was very nice, the breakfast was good, and for the most part the staff was nice. However, the girl that checked us in was not very nice. She was rather rude and left the check in experience with much to be desired. The other front desk person that was working with her, I believe his name was Bruce, was very helpful. The morning M.O.D. was very nice and helpful as well. Other than the rude 3-11 girl, the stay was great.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brittney W

Brittney - Thank you for your comments and I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I want to start by saying "THANK YOU" for your business! Im glad you enjoyed your room and breakfast and that Bruce was helpful! Im really sorry about your issue with our night desk agent and I have had a long talk about customer service with her. Please let me know if I can do anything for you and hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I generally do like this hotel, unfortunately our latest trip was a disappointment. I travel frequently for busines so my points vary on the chain depending on the year. I was still classified as a gold member. I frequently use this particular hotel due to the pet policy, I can bring my dogs. My family arrived the day ahead of me, but when I did, I discovered that they had put us in a room that was on the interior ring looking out on the restaruant, immediately overlooking the buffet line, I couldn't believe it. With hardly anyone in the hotel, this is the only place they could put us? And being gold to boot, and paying full price and not using points? You cannot leave your curtains open, so you are essentially in a room with no windows, very dark and claustrophobic. With pets on the reservation (they didn't know I wasn't bringing them) we would have had to walk completely through the full hotel, past the restaurants and the pool, to take them outside for taking care of business, again.. hardly anyone in the hotel and they couldn't put us near a door for a quick escape?

I give them credit, in that as soon as I explained that hanging out at the hotel for the afternoon in this particular room was unacceptable, they move us to an outer room (with windows and curtains we could leave open), but... the air conditioning did not work and we sweated for 3 hours before we realized that we needed to say something. The AC was not turned on when we got to the new room, and we just thought that it would cool down once we waited for the AC, silly us. They did have it fixed in 30 minutes and the room cooled, but the thought of a third room for a 2 day stay was not a brownie point in their direction. Again... hardly anyone staying there on those days (Wednesday and Thursday nights) and this is what they offer guests? Someone was not thinking of guest comfort.

Checkout was also a hassle, they did not remove pet fees from the reservation even though we asked them several times, and their computer system kept hanging up, the longest checkout I've ever had at a Holiday Inn.

That being said, we will be staying another weekend in September and I did have them update my reservation before I left to include being placed on the outer ring in a room with windows near a door for pet escapes.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff is always friendly, rooms are always clean. The Bar at the hotel is what I liked best, great bartender. There is nothing you could do to make my stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Doug - Thanks for your feeback and for your business and I look forward to seeing you next week!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Room was fine, clean, and quiet. Service was excellent and friendly. For the price, would like to have refrigerator/microwave. A/C was cold but a bit loud.

Minor complaint - the indoor pool and restaurant are in the same large lobby area. In the heat of a Missouri summer, the extra humidity from the pool was overwhelming the air conditioning, so eating a meal in the restaurant was somewhat uncomfortable. Food and food service was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank You for your comments about your stay with us and hopr that your next stay will be better. Please let us know on your next reservation that you will be needing a micro / fridge upgrade and I will personally make sure it happens! Thanks again for your business!