Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed December 7, 2013

If u are looking to go to a Chiefs game or royals then this is the best hotel choice there. You are just across the parking lot to the stadiums! There is a Taco Bell if you get hungry. The restaurant in the hotel service is very slow but good food! They also make good drinks!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Loudean M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. One of our greatest selling points is our location. I'm glad that you enjoyed the food and drinks in our bar, but I do apologize about the time you had to wait. That is something we will continue to work on. We hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Good location, but property is not the cleanliest of places. We were disappointed with the lobby and the bathrooms were small. We have stayed at better Four Points before, so I suspect this was a former property that was purchased, remodeled and rebranded. Try one of the other ones next time?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are correct that we just recently renovated and converted to a Four Points in June 2013. I will certainly discuss your cleanliness concerns with my Housekeeping department. I certainly understand your concerns and take them seriously. It is my sincere hope that you consider giving us another try in the future. I guarantee you will see a difference.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last night, and I would stay there again. It was a nice place to stay, and was clean. The only real thing I would say is don't get the breakfast. We paid extra for the breakfast, but we didn't use it. My friend checked it out while the rest of us got ready. She took one bite and was done.

But the good thing about the staff is they refunded our money for the breakfast. I would stay here again with no problem.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you are heading to a Chiefs or Royals game this is a good place to stay. The hotel is pretty old and at times shows it, but the rooms are much improved from when it was the Clarion. The front desk staff was pleasent and very accomodating for a late check-out, and promplty got us additonal towels and toiletries when requested. I probably wouldn't pick this hotel if it weren't for the game, but if my travels made it necessary to stop I wouldn't be upset at the choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was quite impressed with this hotel. They parking is interesting but seemed perfectly adequate. Rooms were very nice. Restaurant was very nice as well. The halls were a bit noisy but I didn't hear anything in my room. Beds are very comfortable and they have real pillows not these 1/3 size "pillows" most hotels seem to now have.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I would very much stay in this place again, IF I were going to a Royals or Chiefs game. I attended the Royals game Saturday night and walking right across the street to our hotel was amazing. We had a wonderful room with a King bed and balcony that looked right at Kauffman. I would stay here again for sure the next Royals game we attend...

I will say along with KW's review, the car horn going off from 9:30 until well after 1:30 was insane. I know it was not the fault of the hotel but something should have been done ASAP. It didn't sound like an alarm, it was just someone laying on the horn for a few minutes at a time every twenty minutes. This trip was an anniversary trip for my husband and I and the person who paid for it had a hell of a time with the front desk. They were rude and horrible to her! It took a week of emails and calls before we were settled. The attitude was uncalled for but, once we got there, it went smooth! Also, the food choices were not great and I would not stay here if I was wanting to do something around KC for fun besides a game.

Aside from that, if you are wanting to stay close to the Sports complex, this place is amazing for that. I plan to stay here for many more games in the future!

My last tip, DO NOT go down for the "breakfast buffet" It is any other hotels regular comp. breakfast! I wanted waffles or pancakes and had to order off the menu and they were horrific! The choices on the buffet were slim and too expensive! PASS it! Trust me, its not work that $8.95!

Room Tip: Anything with a Stadium View is worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

One night was plenty however we did not choose it for the amenities. Location, location, location. Walk across the street to the baseball stadium. Room was adequate and clean. Free parking. Faint old smell of smoke but very faint because had it been more noticable I would have asked for a different room. Reception staff and bar staff were fun. Bar/restaurant is bare and definitely needs to be renovated. For a quick, one nighter, for a sports event, its probably fine. Its not the Ritz Carlton!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!