“Worth the stay - but skip the breakfast.”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last night, and I would stay there again. It was a nice place to stay, and was clean. The only real thing I would say is don't get the breakfast. We paid extra for the breakfast, but we didn't use it. My friend checked it out while the rest of us got ready. She took one bite and was done.

But the good thing about the staff is they refunded our money for the breakfast. I would stay here again with no problem.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you are heading to a Chiefs or Royals game this is a good place to stay. The hotel is pretty old and at times shows it, but the rooms are much improved from when it was the Clarion. The front desk staff was pleasent and very accomodating for a late check-out, and promplty got us additonal towels and toiletries when requested. I probably wouldn't pick this hotel if it weren't for the game, but if my travels made it necessary to stop I wouldn't be upset at the choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was quite impressed with this hotel. They parking is interesting but seemed perfectly adequate. Rooms were very nice. Restaurant was very nice as well. The halls were a bit noisy but I didn't hear anything in my room. Beds are very comfortable and they have real pillows not these 1/3 size "pillows" most hotels seem to now have.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I would very much stay in this place again, IF I were going to a Royals or Chiefs game. I attended the Royals game Saturday night and walking right across the street to our hotel was amazing. We had a wonderful room with a King bed and balcony that looked right at Kauffman. I would stay here again for sure the next Royals game we attend...

I will say along with KW's review, the car horn going off from 9:30 until well after 1:30 was insane. I know it was not the fault of the hotel but something should have been done ASAP. It didn't sound like an alarm, it was just someone laying on the horn for a few minutes at a time every twenty minutes. This trip was an anniversary trip for my husband and I and the person who paid for it had a hell of a time with the front desk. They were rude and horrible to her! It took a week of emails and calls before we were settled. The attitude was uncalled for but, once we got there, it went smooth! Also, the food choices were not great and I would not stay here if I was wanting to do something around KC for fun besides a game.

Aside from that, if you are wanting to stay close to the Sports complex, this place is amazing for that. I plan to stay here for many more games in the future!

My last tip, DO NOT go down for the "breakfast buffet" It is any other hotels regular comp. breakfast! I wanted waffles or pancakes and had to order off the menu and they were horrific! The choices on the buffet were slim and too expensive! PASS it! Trust me, its not work that $8.95!

Room Tip: Anything with a Stadium View is worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

One night was plenty however we did not choose it for the amenities. Location, location, location. Walk across the street to the baseball stadium. Room was adequate and clean. Free parking. Faint old smell of smoke but very faint because had it been more noticable I would have asked for a different room. Reception staff and bar staff were fun. Bar/restaurant is bare and definitely needs to be renovated. For a quick, one nighter, for a sports event, its probably fine. Its not the Ritz Carlton!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Itsonlyanopinion
Reviewed September 8, 2013

To be fair, there were good things about this establishment: Chris at the front desk was extremely helpful, free wi-fi and early check-in were positive elements.

However, aside from the fact there is nothing in the area other than the ballparks (Denny's, Subway and Taco Bell are the only nearby restaurants), my biggest complaint was a car alarm going off for at least three hours in the middle of the night. For the first hour and a half, I let it go. Three calls to the front desk later, they said that because there was no way they could track down whose car it was. Apparently, they tracked down the guilty party in the middle of the night after I had to change rooms after midnight.

If you want to feel like you're sleeping at a noisy motel, feeling like a lab rat being jolted awake regularly in the middle of the night, this is your place.

Room Tip: stay away from the parking lot...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank K W
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were at this hotel for a Chiefs game. Walking distance to Arrowhead Stadium, and parking lot was guarded by security. Room very clean and quiet. Staff was polite. Breakfast was average. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Stadium
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Days Inn & Suites Kansas City South
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!