Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
KANSAS CITY MO
“tough one”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had friends from out of town with kids so I got 2 rooms. I called at 1030am trying to get in early because we had two little ones that needed a nap. Bernadine who was very pleasant to talk to (sorry if I spelled that wrong) said that she would try to have one available by 12p but they had a booked hotel the night before (Big 12 in town). We arrived around 12p and waited with the kids for an hour then was told it would be another hour or two. so we went to coco keys across the street. We came back around 5p and was told by Tia that the pool was not working and they didn't have a hot tub and hadn't been working for a few days. So I was dissapointed that I wasn't told this earlier because with kids you're in the pool nonstop. Tia then kindly suggested another Choice Hotel(Quality INN on Noland i will give my review later) that had a working pool. She then graciously commenced to booking the hotel for us assuring the king room which was the only rooms left had a sleeper sofa. It did not:( So I was left for paying the higher priced queens for some reason. It was getting late so I accepted. Although I really think that Tia's heart was in the right place her partner hotel (Quality INN on noland) Was of no help and could care less that I was about to pay double. I think Clarion could've let us know when I reserved it or when I called or when I waited over an hour there for the room. So I guess this is more of a review of the customer service. Hope this helps

Room Tip: ask if the pool is operating and the construction is done
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gun Barrel City, Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2013

First time at a Clarion
Location was good
Pleasant staff friendly.
Breakfast was good but not included with stay and prices are way high. Example is 8$ for pancakes.
This location has a restaurant pub attached both were closed at 1130pm
Room was recently remodeled and looked good they still have finish trim to do in closet.

• Stayed March 2013
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed March 13, 2013

LOTS OF NOISE INSIDE (Guests) AND OUT (I-70 and hotel lot)!! The hotel is being remodeled. Our first room had a broken heating unit..that we discovered. We told the desk clerk and she seemed annoyed by our request to change rooms. Also, she seemed annoyed that we checked-in during her shift. Housekeeping and Maintenance were excellent and helpful. Hotel is near I-70 and has LOTS of noise! Can't imagine how bad it would be during a sporting event. Area around hotel and nearby seemed seedy. Hotel might be good for sports fan adults only!

Room Tip: Walls are paper thin and lots of noise from I-70..not sure what room, if any, would provide a restfu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JoeB118
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your previous stay at my hotel! We will be completed with our renovation in the next 30 days and I hope you come back and see us again.

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Right across the street from both Arrowhead and Kauffman, this is a great place to stay for both. I've been here many times. Nothing great about the facilities, but gets an average rating just for its great location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We appreciate your business and taking the time to provide us some feedback on your stay. We hope you come back to see a game!
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I visited Kansas City on business and booked this hotel through Priceline and got it for an extremely low rate. There's not much close by to the hotel, so if you need to pick up something, you better be ready to get on I-70 to go find it.

The hotel is in the middle of a huge renovation. They're working on floors 1-3. I stayed in a room on the sixth floor and it didn't look like they had renovated that floor yet. The hotel's restaurant was open from about 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. and I can understand why. This place isn't busy when the Chiefs or the Royals aren't in town. I didn't try the restaurant's breakfast so I can't comment on it.

The beds are comfortable and the heat works well in the winter. My main complaint is that housekeeping did not visit my room on the second day of the stay. But, there were plenty of towels already so it was not a major problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room viewing the stadium. Not sure which floors haven't been renovated yet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for you review of the hotel. You are correct we are in the middle of a major renovation. We will be complete sometime in April so please come back and see us again.
Austin, TX
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We booked the hotel through Priceline and got it for half-off the rate the hotel was charging for the night. Our stay was midweek when there wasn't a lot of other people around, so we felt like we had most of the hotel to ourselves. We stayed on the fourth floor, which was so recently renovated it still smelled faintly of paint in the room. Everything was clean, tastefully decorated, and the beds were comfortable. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and professional - the front desk clerk accomodated our room requests happily and someone even helped us get the snow off of our car after a morning blizzard. The breakfast is good but WAY overpriced (around $8 a plate). Since we were travelling with kids, we liked that the pool area had a large 3 foot area. My boyfriend found the gym a little outdated. He liked that there was a weight machine, but it needed fixing. Overall, it was a good hotel on the outskirts of town. We drove to Overland Park for dinner (about 20 minutes) and to Independence to visit the Truman House (25 minutes).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank southernbohemian
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback on your most recent stay at my hotel. We are proud of our new updated rooms and I am glad we went the extra mile to help you during a very bad storm, it is these small unexpected service "WOWS" that bring our guests back.
Russell, Kansas
Reviewed December 10, 2012

While my experience wasn't as bad as some, it wasn't a good one. The bed had no blanket at all just the sheet covering the mattress. When we requested a blanket they basically acted like we were lying that there wasn't one in the room. They said they would bring one up to the room right away. An hour later the blanket was still not there. We called down to the desk and they said they didn't deliver blankets to the room and to come down and get it. The breakfast was expense and a big let down with no service or staff in there at all. While my trip was great, the hotel wasn't.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kansas231guy
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at my hotel. I will be sure to discuss these items with the staff members involved. We hope to see you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!