“Good location for games”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Pro:
-good location for walking to games and avoiding paying for parking and having to drive back to hotel
-dennys is walking distance

Cons:
-it is a little run down but certainly acceptable
-no free breakfast
-lack of restaurants around other than the hotel and dennys

Overall I would only stay here if for a game and even then I think I would price drury or holiday inn first.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank emisch
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for your comments! We are the closest hotel to the Sports Complex and many people enjoy staying with us and going to the games. We will be starting a renovation of the hotel at the end of this year so please come back next year and see us again!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed in the Clarion when we visited KC for a Royals game. The location is excellent and you can walk right across the street to Kauffman Stadium. The rooms were less than nice. The first room we were put in had a leak about 3' around the air conditioner and it smelled very bad due to the soaked carpet. One of the lamps was also missing a shade. Weird that they would sell the room in that condition but the front desk put us in a new one as soon as I said something. The second room had a broken air conditioner and they had to send maintenance up. He was super nice and sort of got it going again but it wasn't working at full capacity, that is for sure. The ice machines didn't really work very well and they didn't have any extra blankets (a buddy slept on the floor) but the people were all quite nice. It just needs some upgrades and a little more attention to detail to set it apart. I would not stay there again as there is a Holiday Inn and Drury Inn within walking distance too.

Room Tip: Good location but run down rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Jeff S,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback on your most recent stay at my hotel. We take pride in our customer service that we provide at our hotel. My apologies for the leaking Air conditioner I can assure you it has been taken care of since your departure. I would like to inform you that we are going to be starting a multimillion dollar renovation of the hotel later this year so please come back and see us again next Royals season with our fresh new look!!!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Reserved this hotel for 2 days during the All-Star Game & HR Derby, was skeptical because of some of the reviews I had read, but wanted to stay within walking distance from Kauffman Stadium. I was pleasantly surprised with everything the hotel had to offer and was very glad we stayed here. Loved the location being so close to the stadium, the room was nice, the staff outgoing and nice. The hotel bar/resturaunt was also very cool with a great sports bar atmosphere. Have plans to be back this fall to see the Falcons/Chiefs game and will defiantly choose this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for stadium view room
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Let me start by saying the price of this hotel isn't unreasonable for the area it's in. I got an even better deal on it when i got it as a top secret deal on Travelocity. That being said, here's my pros v cons list.

Pros:
Nice spacious rooms.
Quiet (three fo four nights during my stay were during Royals Home games and even with rowdy people returning from the game it was surprisingly quiet.
Quick access to I-70.
Ample free parking, even when returning late after a Royals game night I still found a decent spot.
In house resturant/bar if you don't feel like leaving for dinner after a long day at work.

Cons:
No continental breakfast. Yes there's a resturant, but breakfast with tip averages 12 bucks.
No fridge/micro (at least in my room). I'm presuming this is to entice you to go to their resturant.
Internet was reasonable speed for my mobile devices but didn't work on my laptop.
Not a lot of places to eat near by (Wendys (2 miles), Subway (2 Miles), Dennys (1 Mile)) ... leads again to utilzing their in house resturant.
Food at the resturant is.....okay....prices aren't outrageous, but the quality for the price doesn't match. I got the special one night and one double mixed drink. With tax and tip it was $23.

Overall I would say I would stay at this hotel again. Going into it I knew I probably wouldn't have a fridge so I brougth a small cooler so that I could keep a couple sodas and waters on ice.

Room Tip: Bring a Cooler, or ask for one of the rooms with a balcony and fridge/micro.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

I appreciate your kind words inregards to your stay at my hotel. We try to offer a quality product at a reasonable price for all of our guests. You are correct we only have fridges/microwaves in our Executive Level rooms which also happend to face Kauffmann and Arrowhead Stadium.
Our entire staff thanks you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on a future stay!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Our recent stay was wonderful at the Clarion Hotel Sports Complex. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming of our dog. We enjoyed a wonderfully comfortable sleep and a well-kept room, that overlooked the Royals stadium.

Breakfast was not included in the price of the hotel and we didn't get a chance to check out the pool, but the location (for travelers or sports fans) was impeccable because it's right off the highway and directly across from the stadiums.

The interior of the hotel didn't look the most modern, but it met our needs quite well for what it was. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when driving through :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We held a conference here - both the meeting space and dining room were very well equipped. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely use this hotel again for our events.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Danniel P
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

It was a pleasure taking care of your convention at my hotel. I will be sure to pass along the congratulations to my entire staff as they worked hard to make your event a success.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

The hotel staff was friendly, the beds were comfortable, the rooms clean, and it has a great location. Nothing negative to say about the hotel. The bar/restaurant in the hotel on the other hand, the female bar tender was a rude and had a horrible attitude.

Overall we'd stay again while in town for a Cheifs or Royals game!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tab P

My staff and myself appreciate your loyalty to the Clarion Hotel Sports Complex! Hope to see you back soon for another game.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Stadium
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Days Inn & Suites Kansas City South
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!