“Friendly and clean!!”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I am a truck driver and drive an 18 wheeler. When I arrived at the hotel the side gate of the parking lot was closed. I walked into the lobby and explain my situation that I could not get the truck around the building so the girl at the front desk was very friendly and unlock the side gate with out any questions being asked.
My room was clean and the bed comfortable.
Overall the staff at this hotel was friendly and accommodating I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you for your kind response. We pride ourselves on being able to provide our guest with exceptional service and cleanliness. We hope to see you back soon again.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Without a doubt the WORST hotel you could stay at. After I was sent to a filthy room with beds not made and used prophylactic on the floor, I was then sent to a room with 2 tiny beds when I reserved a King. When I went to the desk to ask for a new room the snotty attendant told me I could have 1 free breakfast (I was there with my fiancé) but that I couldn't get into a new room even though I had the my reservation in hand and it was clearly the wrong room. DO NOT STAY HERE. There us a lovely Holiday Inn and Drury right next door. Pool was disgusting, rooms smell like smoke, carpet was stained and service was obnoxiously poor. Sleep in your car before staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Klew0808
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences here at the hotel. Our goal is to provide each and every guest a clean and comfortable room. It appears that we did not meet your expectation and for that I am truly sorry.

I have spoken with department heads, managers and staff to address the challenges mentioned above to keep similar challenges from occurring again.

Your business is important to us and hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to show you that this was in fact a unique experience at our hotel. If I can be of assistance to you in any future reservations please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I guess the bed was very nasty or they had some kind of bug in their mattress i couldnt sleep the whole time even my friend couldnt sleep at all. When you first see the lobby you wouldnt think what the room looks like but the carpet was very dirty and even though the bed looked fine but once i sat on it i had rashes all over my body... I am not trying to be mean but this is what i felt... I would never go to that complex again

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Beckhamrosie
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have to say that staying at this Hotel is just an outright wonderful experience, my friends and family meet there for several of the (Chiefs) Games and other events each year and we enjoy every moment of our stay, its a great experience from the time we check-in to the time we see the General Manager and staff's smiling face in the morning for breakfast its always a very pleasureable event. In staying there we have become very confrontable getting to know everyone who is involved in making it such a great place, they are so friendly. A great place in the Hotel to meet friends and eat some good food is the Bar that is located by the lobby check-in, there is one very special Lady who will take your order and see that you are taken care of in a very timely manner... both her and the rest of the staff in this fine establishment go out of thier way to see that your dining and Hotel experience is a good one. So with that being said, if your looking for a clean and confrontable place to lay your head at the end of the day this would be it. A Thank you to all involved in making this a Best ever Hotel Experience as always.. (Go Chiefs)

Room Tip: West Side balcony room has a great view of the Arrowhead Stadium
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us each and every Chief's game!!! I appreciate the compliments to the staff and the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the entire team at the hotel.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

When you book a hotel and receive a confirmation number and email confirming your room cannot be cancelled, changed or refunded because you're GUARANTEED with your credit card you expect after traveling 7+ hours to arrive with a room. NOT!!!!!!!!!!! And, the manager by the name of Christina chose to argue and that we did not have a confirmed room. We are the owners of a Comfort Inn in Wisconsin and receive a reduced rate at these Choice Hotels - seems that our room was given away to a higher paying customer!!!!!! When we called to speak with Christina she hung up the phone on us refusing to speak to us about this matter. Something needs to be done about this hotel & the poor treatment we received. I would highly advise you NOT to make a reservation at this hotel because you are not GUARANTEED a room even with a credit card guarantee!!! Very dishonest way to run a business.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for the Chiefs Steelers game in November. We arrived early at 2:30 and was hoping for but not expecting an early check in. I entered the hotel at 2:30 and could see the lobby was very full, which I wasn't surprised about because I knew the game was sold out. So I assumed at that point that early check in was unlikely which I was okay with. I walked up to the reception desk and the girl behind the counter greeted me very nicely and I asked if early check in was possible, then another girl beside her grabbed the reservation out of my hand very rudely without saying a word wrote my last on a list and said we'll call your name. This was kind of the theme for a while, as the one girl was very nice and tried to be accommodating to everyone and the other girl was very rude, and we could see other people becoming irritated with the rude one as well. It also struck me that with a game night which was sure to be extremely busy that this hotel would only have 2 people working at the reception desk.

After this my wife and I brought our luggage into the lobby and waited and the lobby continued to get fuller and more and more people were added to the list which was getting quite lengthy. We began to wonder why they weren't calling any names and then we heard them tell someone else that house cleaning was still cleaning the rooms. So we continued to wait, then they called a few names around 3:30 but only a few then stopped. After a bit someone asked them why they were still waiting and they said the rooms were still being cleaned. 4:00 hit, the advertised check in time, and the rooms were still being cleaned, and we waited and waited. People were becoming visibly frustrated as time passed. Then at 5:00 our room finally opened up, keep in mind that we were one of the early ones on the list and other rooms were still being cleaned and people still waited after us, and I have no idea how long they waited. We were informed that the night before there was a college football game and hotel sold out then as well which I can well understand they are busy. But this leads me to ask some further questions. Such as, if you know ahead of time that a busy sporting event is taking place at a location which is across the street from you, and football schedules are posted early, why don't you get extra people working on the staff those nights? Because the number of cleaning and reception people you had, wasn't enough. Check out is 11:00 am, with check in at 4:00 pm, and 5:00 pm rolls around and your still cleaning rooms? I mean on a night which everyone and their brother would know is going to be extremely busy, why would you go about regular operations? We were in the lobby for 2 and half hours total, and a full hour passed what the scheduled check in time was.

On the plus side our room was clean and quiet, but the lobby experience did it in for this hotel. We go to sporting events and concerts often in various cities which have sold out hotels and have paid a lot less and received far better service. In fact, I can't say we've been to a hotel which had a worse game plan for a very busy operation. We paid $185 to stay 1 night which was one of the highest prices we’ve paid and it just wasn't worth it. There's a Drury Inn and Holiday Inn close by, if we ever go back to Arrowhead we're going to try one of those.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DakotaTravelor
spastor71, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Dear Guest,

I am sorry your check in experience was longer than anticipated. We did in fact have the Kansas/Missouri game on Saturday which started at 2:30pm. Therefore most guests did not leave the room until 11am which is check out time. This gave us a short window to turn around these rooms for a 4pm check out. I completely understand your frustration and I can assure you that we had many staff members working behind the scenes that day to turn around 168 rooms in 5 hours.
We will turn over a room as clean and ready to sell until it has been assured by our housekeeping inspectors that it is ready for a new guest and I do see you were happy with the cleanliness of the room.
I hope you will give us another try for your next game is this was an unusual circumstance to have 2 games back to back at Arrowhead!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Had a good experience at the hotel. Booked it to be close to Arrowhead Stadium. Husband said bed was a little hard, but I slept very good. Pool was freezing, and hot tub needs to be painted but it was nice to sit in a hot tub that worked well. Staff was very friendly and the bar/restaurant was very friendly too. Good experience, we would go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!