“not a bad place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kansas City

Super 8 Kansas City
Ranked #69 of 112 Hotels in Kansas City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

It was a nice motel, good value. They do not have an elevator and we stayed on the 3rd floor. If you aren't traveling with kids and not much luggage third floor is ok. The bed was very comfortable. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. We were gone before the breakfast was served so can't comment on it. Our suite was nice but no table and chairs. Overall for the price you can't beat it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Melissa C
Nick W, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I will check all of our suites tomorrow as they should all come equipted with tables or desk. If one is missing I will get it replaced imediately.
NEW HAMPTON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was a little upset with my trip over the weekend. I upgraded to the suite in order to have a little extra room in case I had visitors. When I arrived for the check in the suite had a couch and chair but did not have a table or chairs to eat at. The room was spacious. I was also concerned that there was no elevator in the hotel. I found the bed to be very comfortable but the pillows on the bed were not. They were small but almost round in shape. I brought my own pillow thankfully otherwise I do not think I would have gotten a very good nights sleep. If I would had more that one bag to carry up I would have had to make multiple trips. I would be very surprised if no one else has mentioned this. I did not like that the coffee pot in our room only made one cup of coffee. I would be easy to have a 6 cup coffee pot in the room. On Sunday around 10am the water in the shower would not get warm. I was the first person in my room to shower that day and the water was room temp. It was not a good way to end our stay at the Super 8. The staff was kind and helpful. The breakfast did not have a very big selection. Honestly I was not interested in eating any of what was offered. Overall the room that I stayed in for the weekend was not worth what I payed for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Sorry to hear your stay was not a great one. We have order new pillows and plan on replacing some of the old ones. We do serve coffee 24 hours a day in the lobby and can suppy you with as many coffee bags and cups for your one cup coffee maker as you desire to make as much coffee in your room as possible. We are located in an older building so unfortunately I can't get an elevator for you. We hope you give us another try after some of our upgrades are complete.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City
3.5 of 5 stars 103 reviews

Been to Super 8 Kansas City? Share your experiences!