“They got us out of a jam”

Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs
Ranked #82 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Carterville, Illinois
“They got us out of a jam”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We arrived at a different hotel thinking we had our reservation. The other hotel overbooked and left us out in the cold. Deb at the front desk was very nice and did everything she could to help us out when we finally found her at 5 am with a very tired baby. Thanks Deb. You really saved us. The fridge really came in handy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Missouri
Reviewed January 25, 2010

This is by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The window unit sounded like a automatic machine gun going off every time it ran. There was huge stains on the pull out sofa sleeper mattress . No pillows, covers, or sheets for the sofa sleeper. The floor was very dirty, stained, and worn. Huge dents in the refrigerator door. Should of known better when I got it for $49.00. No matter how cheap it is don’t stay here!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ChiefsScott
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed August 14, 2009

The kid at the front desk was nice, at least. My colleagues and I arrived late one evening and picked this hotel as all others near the airport were booked solid for some convention. All the rooms were pretty nasty. My first room was about 90 degrees when I entered. I asked for a second room and when I put my card in, it was locked from the inside - someone was in it! Third room was also hot in the 80s, but I was too tired by then and just suffered through it with the worn out bed and loud mediocre air conditioner. The rooms smelled funny too with pervasive smell that was in every fabric item when I arrived home. Another colleague traveling with me noted that his first room had a bed that had been slept in. He requested another and his second room was also very hot. My third colleague's room was about 62 degrees - lucky him. In short, it is obvious that the management of this hotel is very disorganized, has ineffective staff, and there is no process for preparing rooms for guests.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank WaterNoIce
Omaha area
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We arrived around 8:00 P.M. after a 2.5 hour drive from the Omaha Ne area and were impressed with the hotel from the outside. Upon check in I learned that the room we had reserved for 2 adults and 4 teenage girls was not available. The clerk sent us to another room that was supposed to be comparable to the first. We opened the door to find a 1 bedroom suite with a pullout love seat hide-a-bed which was by no means going to accommodate all of us for the group in the room and went back to the desk to let her know we were short some sleeping space. The desk clerk (Steph) was very nice and once again apologized. She quickly fixed the problem by arranging for us to spend the night in two adjoining rooms for the price of one. This, needless to say made the 4 teenage girls very happy as they would now have their very own room for the night. The rooms were small suites, each with a full size bed and a pullout loveseat. They were clean and comfortable and made for a good nights sleep, one we got our teenage neighbors to settle down for the night.

The pool is small and their is no ice machine available. Their is free coffee available in what used to be and area of the lobby where they served a continental breakfast (no longer served). 1.5 miles away to the south is Barry Road and you will find everything that you could need or desire availabe at the many shops, restaurants and grocery stores in that area.

WOF is a short drive east on Hwy 152, then south a couple of miles on I-435. North KC is a great place to stay when traveling to to the area. Even tough it is close to the airport, you would never know it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Leapfrwd
Kansas
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I initally accepted a efficnecy apt and was upgraded to a one bedroom Apt. Great staff. For the price I dont think there is a place that can beat this. I have extended my stay here becouse of the service and security.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Az.
Reviewed April 2, 2009

My family and myself have used this hotel many different times since June of 2007. while I was in the hospital awaiting a heart transplant. After my transplant in August of 07, I had the pleasure of staying there for 30 plus days. I only stay there on all my return appts. The staff and cleaning personnel along with maintenance team. are very caring and go out of their way to make you feel at home. I always look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 2, 2009

This hotel has super clean rooms and are very comfortable. The customer service is excellent. The price is awesome compared to other hotels and motels in the area.
I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle
Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs

Property: Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs
Address: 9701 N Shannon Ave, Kansas City, MO 64153-1828 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #82 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs 2.5*
Shuttle Services: Every hour, on the hour from 5AM to 10PM ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Kansas City - Airport Hotel Kansas City