Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs
Ranked #75 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
New Jersey
“Review of July 19,2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My impression of reviews in Trip Advisor presented a rather negative evaluation. I did not find any of the criticisms mentioned in the last six months applicable to my situation at the hotel. Viz "reeking of smoke" "Disgusting smelling place"
"Would not go back" to be completely contrary to my experience. To the extent I would question the honesty of other reviewers in making a report..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Edward - Thank you so much for your kind comments. We truly strive to make our hotel a "home away from home." Every guest experience is important to us. Comments such as yours let us know we are moving in the right direction every day.

Thank you again. We look forward to having you visit in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Salem, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We reserved our room for a sporting event & then had 2 other families make their reservations. We arrived first & got our room, a 2 BR suite. The other 2 families, however, were given smaller rooms than they had reserved & then told it was MY fault because I took their room! HELLO! I booked mine first! Anyways, the other 2 families had nothing but aggravation during our 5 day stay pertaining to billing issues. Fortunately, my bill matched what my reservation had stated. Our room was pretty nice; a little run down, but we had plenty of room & it worked well for our family. The beds were very comfortable & we enjoyed having the kitchen for some small meals. Don't plan to actually cook though, as there are barely any utensils, pots or pans! The hallway on the 3rd floor reeked of smoke, even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking area. The front desk staff needs remedial training in customer service. They acted like they didn't want to be there & were not very friendly. Overall, we'd probably stay again if we had an extended period of time to be there.....maybe

Room Tip: BE SPECIFIC about what type of room you want; and then check it when you get there
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Julie - Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay and the stays of other families in your group. We take all comments to heart and use them to train our staff in guest satisfaction so that subsequent stays become better. Please know, we continue to strive to honor all room type requests and reservations, but at times we are limited in making adjustments due to guests that decide to extend their stays. Still, we will continue to work with all our guests to ensure that they have a great experience at our hotel moving forward.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Unless you are a smoker and/or do not value cleanliness or your olfactory senses, DO NOT stay here! Disgusting smelly place. Tried to relocate to a less smelly room, but couldn't find anything suitable for a family of four.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank tjk1085
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that the level of cleanliness throughout our entire hotel did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to improve our procedures moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kci@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My room was Very Comfy, I had a queen studio! The only thing that was dusty was the top of the refrigerator and the interior of the freezer was A MESS! You couldn't see it initially until I stuck my head in to observe. OVERALL, I would go back because the price was a steal for gym room, which I wasn't aware of and an outdoor pool! I was given a comp and I'm HAPPY!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry about the dust and interior of the freezer in your room. Still, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and the fitness facility.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Although our room was "nonsmoking", it smelled anything but nonsmoking! It was very hard to sleep with everything reeking of smoke. When we complained about the smell, we were not given a different room although we could tell by the number of cars in the parking lot that there most likely were other available rooms. We were told that the third floor allows smoking inside do if you have a nonsmoking room on the third floor it will be saturated with smoke. Yuck! Although the price of the hotel was low - it just wasn't worth laying my head down on a smoky pillow or coming home from my trip with a suitcase full of smoke smelling clothes and shoes etc.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding your room having a smoke odor is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I am working with the housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The staff is super friendly and efficient.I use priceline and I always get that hotel , I like everything accept the bathroom , the toilet is very filthy at least a month never been clean you can smell it , I used different rooms and they are the same , I always bring cleaner with me and I clean it my self

Room Tip: bring cleaner with you and check if the bed has clean pillow and sheet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The housekeeping issue that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I met with the staff, and we will provide more training to ensure that is not repeated.

Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Got this place super cheap on Priceline. Can't complain too much considering price we paid. Location was convenient. Only took 10 min. to drive Sprint Center. Front desk clerk treated us like we were weird for checking in at 2 a.m. and acted like we were dumb for staying so far from the Sprint Center. Hotel smells like smoke, room did not, but our bedding did. Mold on shower curtain. Clean bedding but had yellow stains. Uncomfortable, cheap bed. Below average as far as hotels go, but probably not for price we paid. Probably average for extended stay place. Those tend to not be as nice in general. I would pay a few extra bucks in the future for a little nicer place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our Guest Service Representative did not welcome you in an inviting manner and I apologize that your linens & shower curtain were less than impressive and made you feel uncomfortable. I am going to hold a staff meeting to review customer service as well as room cleanliness to ensure that the experience you encountered does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kci@extendedstay.com. Thank you and I hope you will give us another chance and come stay with us again!