“This hotel has a STINKY smoke smell.”

Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs
Ranked #79 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“This hotel has a STINKY smoke smell.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Although our room was "nonsmoking", it smelled anything but nonsmoking! It was very hard to sleep with everything reeking of smoke. When we complained about the smell, we were not given a different room although we could tell by the number of cars in the parking lot that there most likely were other available rooms. We were told that the third floor allows smoking inside do if you have a nonsmoking room on the third floor it will be saturated with smoke. Yuck! Although the price of the hotel was low - it just wasn't worth laying my head down on a smoky pillow or coming home from my trip with a suitcase full of smoke smelling clothes and shoes etc.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding your room having a smoke odor is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I am working with the housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kci@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The staff is super friendly and efficient.I use priceline and I always get that hotel , I like everything accept the bathroom , the toilet is very filthy at least a month never been clean you can smell it , I used different rooms and they are the same , I always bring cleaner with me and I clean it my self

Room Tip: bring cleaner with you and check if the bed has clean pillow and sheet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The housekeeping issue that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I met with the staff, and we will provide more training to ensure that is not repeated.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Got this place super cheap on Priceline. Can't complain too much considering price we paid. Location was convenient. Only took 10 min. to drive Sprint Center. Front desk clerk treated us like we were weird for checking in at 2 a.m. and acted like we were dumb for staying so far from the Sprint Center. Hotel smells like smoke, room did not, but our bedding did. Mold on shower curtain. Clean bedding but had yellow stains. Uncomfortable, cheap bed. Below average as far as hotels go, but probably not for price we paid. Probably average for extended stay place. Those tend to not be as nice in general. I would pay a few extra bucks in the future for a little nicer place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our Guest Service Representative did not welcome you in an inviting manner and I apologize that your linens & shower curtain were less than impressive and made you feel uncomfortable. I am going to hold a staff meeting to review customer service as well as room cleanliness to ensure that the experience you encountered does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kci@extendedstay.com. Thank you and I hope you will give us another chance and come stay with us again!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I travel a lot around the country. For a 2star hotel with it's price, I'd say it's perfect. I'll try this hotel in all my future stays in Kansas City area first. It’s also so close to legend outlet mall and airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that you felt the hotel was perfect for the price as well as the fact that you will continue to return to our location! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
DC
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had to travel to K.C. for a funeral and needed to stay near the airport without spending a lot of money. I didn't expect much for the price and was pleasantly suprised. The room was large and very clean. The staff at the front desk were nicer than any I have encountered in luxury hotels. The only down side was the fire alarm at 12:30am that no one seemed to know how to turn off. Still not sure why the alarm but everything was fine and the noise shut off about 20 minutes later. Because this is an extended stay hotel, there is no daily cleaning. This was fine with me but something to be aware of if you care about fresh towels daily. All in all, I would stay here again and would recommend it for anyone looking for value. Very close to 2 restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank catDC
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt our rooms were spacious and our staff was courteous. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
CO
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Over the past 40 years I've travel a lot, and have stayed in scores of hotels and guesthouses around the world. This hotel stood out simply because the room design was so practical.

From the door, all you see is the kitchen and living area. The bed and bath are out of view. The kitchen included a full-size fridge and separate freezer, and enough dishes and pots and pans (in good condition) to really cook. They even provided dishwasher detergent. Separating the kitchen from the living area was an ample desk/dinner table. The living area consisted of an attractive sofa-bed plus TV, mounted on a dresser which visually divided the living and sleeping, The wide-screen TV, was mounted on a swivel base would have made it convenient to view from the bed, sofa-bed, or kitchen.
There were electrical outlets conveniently dispersed wherever they might be needed. The ample closet actually had enough space for luggage, and contained an ample supply of coat hangers.

On the down side maybe for some guests, but not for me. No breakfast included, but I am diabetic and cannot eat the donuts and waffles most places provide. No daily room service, but when a maid is coming, I usually end up cleaning up so she won't see my messes, and later I often forget where I left stuff. I don't mind asking for soap, coffee and towels at the front desk. The room might have smelled slightly of smoke, but if so, it was not enough to bother me. The size of the room was ideal for 1-2 people. With the sofa-bed, it could have accommodated up to four, but not as comfortably. For me it was ideal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you were pleased with the room layout and all of the standard amenities. I can sincerely relate to the Breakfast not being included as I, too, am a Diabetic but rest assured that a healthy breakfast option will be included very soon! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Palm Springs
Reviewed October 31, 2012

2nd day of road trip and stayed at this hotel north of kansas city. very nice and efficient staff. rooms wer extra nice and clean. Well located to freeway and attractions. Very quiet with restaurants just a short drive away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt that our rooms were spacious & clean, the location was convenient and that our staff was accommodating. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future?