“Excellent Value”

Ranked #17 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We stayed at the Drury Inn "Airport" for a week long stay on bussiness. The hotel access to the internet was fast and available throught the hotel. Hotel is super clean and it was just remodel recently still have that new smell...Breakfast is included, the best way to discribed is a step up from a continental breakfast, not the Embassy Suite quality but you are not paying Emb prices...The cocktail happy hour is limited to three drinks, that was sufficient for me, again not the Emb. The parking and all the hotel in general was very safe. The staff was friendly and willing to make your stay pleasant. No shuttle to Zona Roza that was the only dissapoitting thing.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — No shuttle to Zona Rosa
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wamego, Ks
Reviewed July 10, 2007

We stayed at the Drury Inn mainly for the Worlds of Fun package they offered. The plus for us was the indoor/outdoor pool, hour free long distance, breakfast and manager's reception.
I don't usually expect a hotel's picture and room we get to match, but to my surprise they did! I was aditionally impressed with the rather large breakfast they offered. Our children especially loved the all they could eat/drink popcorn and soda.
The thing that impressed me the most was in regards to a discrepincy with our bill. The clerk quickly realized it was an error on their end, and allowed us to check out, saying he would "fix it later". Since I payed cash at check-in I knew I wouldn't be charged anything else. All the staff we came into contact with were especially pleasant.
We are going back this coming August, and intend on staying there everytime we stay the night in KC.

• Liked — Manager's Reception
  • Disliked — bed size, doubles instead of queen bed offered
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
cedar rapids
Reviewed February 1, 2007

Had a terrible experience at this airport location. My main
problems were with the staff and secuirty. First, I saw no
cameras in the inside of the hotel including hallway's and
the pool and fitness area. Also, I saw no secuirty guard at
anytime of my stay. I read the pool rules posted stating
no children we allowed alone in the pool and fitness area
but I saw children swimming alone and children in the
workout room with no parents and were on treadmills eating
popcorn and drinking pop. I ask the hotel desk staff four
times to remove children who were alone and also were
diving into the pool getting me wet in the eyes and all my
belongings. All the staff at the hotel I dealt with, had no
training and could not answer questions and deal with
problems. Also, the staff did nothing to control a group
who took over the front lobby and were loud.
The breakfast staff member was not wearing
a hat and did not appear to be clean also. I was not
happy with the breakfast and like other chains breakfast
much better. Also, the evening snacks were cheap.
I never received I am sorry from the manager of the hotel
for my terrible stay. And, when I contacted the company
directly I founded out that they did not have a 800 number
to customer service and I would have to spend my
own money to voice my complaint. I also tried twice to
get a name on who a district manager or customer service
manager for the company been nothing would give me
a name. I have already found another chain with a
800 number for customer service for my next trip.

• Stayed January 2007
2 Thank snugglesiniowa
KimChappell, eMarketing Coordinator at Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2007
Hello! My name is Kim Chappell and I am the eMarketing Coordinator for Drury Hotels. At Drury Hotels, our staff is dedicated to providing guests with clean rooms and friendly service to make for a comfortable stay at a great value. We welcome feedback and appreciate hearing about our guest stays. Both our hotel general managers and our customer service department value guest comments. You can reach our Customer Service department by submitting a request online or by calling our 800 number and asking for the Customer Service department.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 2, 2006

Not a terrible stay, but not as nice as other Drurys. We went in; I had looked up pricing online before our trip so I thought I knew what to expect (we couldn't book online because we weren't 100% sure what night we would be staying over). When we went to check in, I gave the clerk my AAA card AND my Drury card, and was almost charged $50 more than what was listed online. I was ready to walk out but the woman behind the counter lowed the price twice until it was only $10 more than was listed online. I was irritated - at other chains, when I show my membership card + a AAA card I always am immediately given a good rate. It is annoying to have to negotiate. The lobby was very nice. Our room was a bit disappointing - a piece of a Snickers wrapper was on the floor, we were given 2 double beds instead of the 1 king we wanted, the air conditioning didn't work, and there were a couple of hairs in the bathroom. I called and they told me how to fix the a/c (apparently there is a little switch under the machine that sometimes gets bumped off when they vaccuum - I was not thrilled to be asked to get down on my hands and knees to find it). I probably should have just asked for another room but after having to negotiate for the rate we got, I felt uncomfortable complaining even more. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was unremarkable, just okay. The free 60 minutes of long distance is always appreciated. I like the Drury chain but when I go to KC next time, I will stay elsewhere. We stayed at a handful of hotels in the KC area and all were less expensive and the accommodations were equal or better.

Stayed October 2006
3 Thank christina0001
Oklahoma
Reviewed February 27, 2006

Hotel is located within few miles of fantastic restaraunts. The property is very clean , staff is friendly. Great value for the money.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Cheaptraveler
Roanoke, Texas
Reviewed January 4, 2006

During a recent trip to Kansas City, I was somewhat disappointed when a friend made our reservations at the Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport. During our stay I was once again reminded that one can not judge a book by its cover. In addition to taking advantage of a special room rate, the ammenities included a complimentary evening happy hour and breakfast. The staff provided superlative customer service and went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure every aspect of our stay was addressed to exceed our expectations. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The only reservation I have is with the property's location by the airport, which involves a 25- or 30-minute drive to visit any attractions in the city.

• Stayed December 2005
7 Thank SnowGlobeKing
Omaha Nebraska
Reviewed September 26, 2005

What a great deal. We have stayed at many hotels in Kansas City including Hampton Inns, Fairfield Inns, Marriots, and Holiday Inns. this hotel was nicer and a much better value. We had a government employee rate of $64.99, because the hotel was full they moved us to a huge two room suite at no extra charge. All of the things we were looking for were included: helpful staff, indoor outdoor pool (although rather small), extremely clean rooms, an extensive breakfast including waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereals, bagels, donuts etc, and a managers reception in the evening including soft drinks, beer, wine, and popcorn. There is a Wendys, Cracker Barrel and Ruby Tuesdays all within walking distance. We went to a Royals game and it is about a 10-15 minute drive. Worlds of Fun is about 10 minutes away. Staff at the front desk was great with directions.

• Stayed September 2005