“Fantastic place to stay!”

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #23 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 15, 2009

My best friend and I chose this Drury Inn for a girls only get-away trip. What a wonderful place to stay! We were greeted by the beautiful lobby and a friendly person working behind the main counter, and it just got better when we got to our room. The room was spacious, beautiful, and spotlessly clean. The flat screen TV was AWESOME! We had a view of the Kansas City airport, but even though we could see planes taking off and landing, the noise was never an issue..even at night. The beds were extremely comfortable and we never heard a sound from other guests our entire stay. The free long distance was great so we could call our husbands daily, and the free breakfast was wonderful! There were doughnuts, muffins, gravy and biscuits, french toast, sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, as well as juice, coffee, and hot tea. Everything was very tasty!
Everyone working there was very helpful and friendly. When I had a sore throat one evening a gentleman that worked there got me a salt shaker to take back to my room so I could gargle with hot salt water. That was VERY appreciated!
The parking lot was clean and we loved that there was a gated area that required your key-card to entire and leave. We parked there ever night and it gave us a sense of security with the cameras.
We've already made a reservation to return in 2010, and hope to stay here for years to come. Wonderful place to stay..wonderful people working there!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Letha A

Reviewed September 10, 2009

I stayed here with family to attend a wedding south of Kansas City. Because we had early flights the next day we chose this hotel for it's airport shuttle service. My room was 501, a king suite on the top floor. It was quite large with two rooms, so the kids could play and watch tv in the "living room" while I relaxed in the bedroom area. Bed was comfortable as was the pull out sofa bed. Breakfast was fine, crowded at times but there were enough tables to sit and relax. Menu included eggs, sausage, biskets, gravy and make your own waffles. The kids really liked the pool because it is indoor/outdoor. Also free popcorn and soft drinks available in the afternoon and evenings. Shuttle service was easy to set up and quick since the hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport. I do reccomend this hotel."

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank wantsvalue
Reviewed August 31, 2009

The hotel staff did a wonderful job to assist in making our first reunion a large success!

Rooms were very comfortable. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Ray05
Reviewed April 6, 2009

For reasons I won't get into, I had to book a room at a hotel near the airport in KC at the very last minute when I was visiting the area. My husband actually booked the room from home for me, so I was a little anxious since I knew nothing of the Drury chain or their hotels. In the evening when I arrived to check in I was sick with an awful cold and exhausted...just wanting to go to my room and relax. I was relieved to find the check-in staff efficient, courteous, and helpful. I was checked in, scheduled to have the hotel shuttle to drive me to the airport in the morning, and on my way to my room within 5 minutes. I am usually very picky when it comes to hotel acommodations, and while this is by no means a fancy or luxurious property (and it does not claim to be either) it was clean, quiet, and a decent place to stay for the price. The bed was comfy, I didn't hear any noise from neighbors, and the room very clean. There was a large flat-screen TV, coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave in the room. I did not love that it had a heater/air conditioner unit near the window rather than central air, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. Breakfast the next morning with eggs, sausage, biscuits, fruit, coffee, OJ, cereal and bagels was included in the cost of the room rate, and that was a wonderful thing to have. My shuttle to the airport was prompt and very courteous. All and all, I would say that I was pleased with my stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Beachy18
Reviewed September 28, 2008

I stayed here for work and was satisfied. It's near the airport, as you would expect, but its location in the far northern part of Kansas City also makes it convenient for travelers heading to and from northwest Missouri. Both Kansas City Drurys are satisfactory--the Stadium one is more conveniently located for everything in Kansas City except the airport, while the Airport one has friendlier staff and is much more convenient for the airport and northwest Missouri. (Don't get me wrong: the Stadium staff weren't rude, it's just that the Airport staff were extremely friendly.) This hotel is adjacent to a Cracker Barrel and a Wendy's, and there's a Ruby Tuesday's across the street.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2008

My husband and I went to Kansas City for a family wedding. We chose this hotel based on positive TripAdvisor.com reviews and the vicinity to the wedding and other sites we wished to visit.

Several of my brothers-in-law and my mother-in-law, booked this hotel because we did. I have to say I was more than a little nervous about how things might turn out, but all went extremely well.

The hotel is new, clean, beautiful. The rates were very competitive. The rate included a hot breakfast and evening beverages. The staff was courteous and efficient. What more could you ask for? We will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank mrslonz
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I booked this hotel based on the favorable reviews on this site, having never stayed at a Drury Inn before, and wasn't disappointed.

The check-in personnel were genuinely friendly and helpful. I had a king suite. The rooms were quite large and were clean. The sofa bed in the living room portion was pretty comfortable (for a sofa bed).

I didn't sample the drinks or snacks in the evening, but it appears that coffee is available all the time. The breakfast had the usual offerings, plus 'make your own waffles.' The best surprise was when the manager worked his way around the room refilling the guests' coffee cups.

The pool area was small but nice. It was an indoor/outdoor pool and one could swim in and out of building. There also was a hot tub.

I didn't take the shuttle, so can't comment on that. There is no 'park n fly' option. The parking lot is rather small, but there are gates to ensure that only guests park there (and there seems to be enough room for all the guests to park). Note that you need to have your room key to get in and out of the parking lot.

There is a Cracker Barrel and Wendys within walking distance, and a Ruby Tuesdays within sight.

Overall, this was a good value for the price, and 'll look for this chain in the future.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family