“Nice people, clean rooms, between airport & downtown”

Super 8 Kansas City at Barry Road
Ranked #67 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice people, clean rooms, between airport & downtown”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here for a night in March 2013. I was flying to Kansas City for an interview downtown. This hotel was very conveniently located between the airport and downtown. My flight got in in the morning, so I arrived at the hotel around 11 am. The sign said that check in time was 3 pm but they were very friendly and let me go ahead and get checked in to my room four hours early.

It was very clean, in a good safe area and had a lot of shopping nearby. I would recommend this place for a short stay like mine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was stuck here during the big snowstorm in February. While I had no choice in where I stayed and was grateful to get a place to stay, the room was not great. The carpet was dirty, with obvious vomit stains on the floor and what I can only assume was quite possibly semen stains on the one chair in the room. There was also a strange dip in the floor right in front of the bathroom door, which seemed like a drain covered with carpet. Had to turn on the lights to get the microwave to work. The next day, I was still stuck there waiting for a towtruck to get my car off 152, which I explained to the front desk, and was told it was OK, they would let me stay an extra hour after checkout time, and if it was longer than that, I would only be charged half price for the day. I thought this was great, but when I returned from having lunch, I was locked out of my own room as it was after checkout time. When I went back and talked to the very same front desk person, she acted as if I had never talked to her about my situation. I promptly checked out and went to QuikTrip to wait for my ride to my stranded car. Terrible experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Allen p, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City at Barry Road, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Respected, Guest

Thank You for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay at our place. We know you are upset which might be leading you to write such things which is not absolute. But we do our best to make our Guest Happy & satisfy. We will issue a full credit for all room charges as per your wished. We would also like to offer you 20% discount on your next stay. We hope to see you again. Thanks

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Champaign, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed March 20, 2013

First of all the online photos were not this actual Super 8. Location was great but rooms were drafty and not very clean. We even had outlets stop working! I loved the microwave and refridgerator. Had to ask the maid staff to clean room both days. Lots of noise from other travelers and the road. I would only stay here for 1 night if I could not plan ahead.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Allen p, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Kansas City at Barry Road, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear, Valued Guest

Thank You for staying with us & aprreciate your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experience during your recent stay. This a very same Super 8 Motel shown in a pictures, it's a same location, same place, same room size & condition. We look in to our records & also talk our housekeeping staff, as per our record you had "Do Not Disturb Sign" on your door at all times during your stay. We take extreme care to make sure our Guest have a peaceful time at our place. We still take responsibility for not be able to provide you service you deserved. Please forgive us & give us another chance in a future to serve you better. Thank You
Arthur, Illinois
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by the value received for the money paid at this property. The breakfast nook is just a tiny portion of the small lobby, hence the "tight squeeze," but the rooms are very comfortable and almost completely upgraded. The only complaint I had about the room was that the carpet was worn out and torn in a few places. Front desk staff and management were friendly and helpful, and an extended checkout of one hour was offered when we explained that we had an unexpected business call that morning.

Room Tip: I recommend lowest level rooms which are accessible by an internal ramp from the lobby. The hotel h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Allen p, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City at Barry Road, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear, Valued Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us & thank you for your feedback. We will continue to work towards more improvements & making our guest experience as good as possible. Thank You .
Carroll
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The room was clean and smell fresh. There were a lot of TV channels to choose from. Internet was kind of slow. Lots of food choices nearby. Quiet considering it is located near the airport and interstate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank chickiepop
Allen p, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City at Barry Road, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for your feedback. We were fortunate to have a Guest like you at our hotel & we hope you will continue to give us an opportunity to serve you. We promise we will continue to improve our service & overcome any weakness our guest may have experienced. Thank You