“Very caring service above and beyond expectations”

Sleep Inn Airport Kansas City
Ranked #64 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Barnsdall, OK
“Very caring service above and beyond expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

On December 26th I was heading home to OK. I pulled off expressway to get gas and got myself stuck in the snow during a blizzard. AAA refused to come and help me, but Victor Mathews, General Manager, worked for more than an hour in the blizzard to get me unstuck but unsuccessfully. The next morning I tried AAA again and they said they could not get me out because their truck would get stuck too. One of the employees then got the hotel van and pulled me out. I don't know how I would have gotten out if it had not been for Sleep Inn. Thank you so very much

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank cmdBarnsdall_OK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

My reason for staying at this hotel is that is was relatively inexpensive and closed to the airport. The room isn't very big but what we had wanted was a place to sleep.

We had a queen size bed with a flat screen TV. Free wi-fi. There's a refrigerator in the room. Microwave in the lobby. Breakfast (biscuits & gravy, hard boiled eggs, bagels, cereal, etc...) was all there when we left the hotel at 4:15 am (Our flight at MCI was at 6:20 AM). They had told us that food should be out at 4:30 am (normal time starts at 5 AM - 10 AM and we thought we were going to missed the free breakfast so we were pleasantly surprise).

We hit the road at 4:18 am, went to Economy parking and got to the airport at 4:45 am. There was not much traffic (though the Economy parking shuttle doesn't start until 5am so you had to call them (they had a phone t here) to come pick you up - that didn't take long...minutes for us).

My only complaint is that the free wi-fi wasn't very good. It kept on timing out (so much that I got tired of accessing several sites).

I would stay at this hotel again. It's closed to the airport and clean with free breakfast.

And I didn't hear the airplanes come and go either.

Charlie

Stayed October 2009
2 Thank serenaj83
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

I had not stayed at a Sleep Inn before and my expectations were not that high. But the location and price made me choose to stay here before an early morning departure at the nearby airport. I do not have one complaint about the hotel and thought everything was great. I was impressed with the breakfast and it started very early so we could eat before we checked out to catch our flight.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank JMS1947
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

If you are flying out of KCAirport, this is the place for you. They have a free shuttle, free breakfast and let you park and ride with the first 3 days free, then it's $5 a day after that. What a deal. The front desk was super helpful. I got my wake up call on time. The room was clean and nice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RosslynUSA
Manhattan, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for one night before flying out from KCI. We were able to leave our vehicle at the hotel and be shuttled to the airport. The employees were very friendly, the rooms were clean, and it was only 3 miles from the airport. The guy driving the shuttle was very friendly. Our room with one queen bed was small, but perfect for one night. The free breakfast was nice as well. We will definitely stay there again next time we fly out from KCI.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bingoKS
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

I stayed 2 nights here. The room was clean and had a nice work desk. I read some bad reviews on this site so I was a bit afraid, but everything turned out fine. The breakfast items includes fruits, yogurt, juices, pastries, and a hot item.
The staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ams30
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

We arrived here in the afternoon and were very hungry so made some inquiries at the desk. The hotel employee was very friendly and helpful, and directed us to some restaurants nearby.

The room was very clean, internet connection was good, and even though we were close to the airport, didn't hear any plane noise at all.

The breakfast was good, with cereal, biscuits and gravy, fruit and juices and coffee.

If we are in the area again soon, we would definitely stay here.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple