“Older hotel”

Sleep Inn Airport Kansas City
Ranked #78 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is an older hotel with the feel of a motel....For some odd reason, I was given a handicap accessible room..The room was clean but had that old and dark dingy feeling......Had problems with the wifi and only after the desk clerk realized that she needed to reset it then it started to work fine but not very strong signal.....The phone in my room had no dial tone...went to the front desk again and they offered to change my room....after I had unpacked....No thanks....So I fixed the phone myself noticing that somehow someone had managed to plug the phone into the wrong outlet.....The front desk never called me back to make sure things were fine and working.....Breakfast was not very good as the choices were truly few. The night shift came across as disinterested and aloof....While Jason, the morning desk clerk was truly professional and eager to help. However, I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our way to North Dakota. All I can say is Men!!!! My husband was attracted to this place because the surrounding hotels were a little more expensive, against my better judgment I agreed. This was the worst stay in a hotel I have ever had once we settled in I noticed something that looked a lot like sperm on the comforter, there was urine on the toilet when I raised the seat, and the room is a little bigger than a walk in closet. I won't tell anyone not to stay here but I will tell everyone I won't be staying here ever again not even if the room is free!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MelissaBBrown
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Spent one night here and will definitely return when staying near the airport. Free shuttle to rental car facility or airport. Very friendly staff. Third floor room was nice and quiet with good A/C. Breakfast biscuits were nice and fluffy but coffee was more like tea. Nice enclosed shower. Good rate-will return!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have stayed at the Sleep Inn all over the country and I do for the most part like their nice clean hotel. This stay was a spru of the moment stay so I really didn't have much choice but to stay here. For the price this hotel was far below the normal cost of Sleep Inn which was fine with me. Upon check in the young man wasn't all that pleasent. It seemed that I was too much trouble to check me in at 0330. He wasn't nice, pleasant and was also kind of short with me. He needs a customer service class. I do like the Sleep Inn chain and I will use this hotel chain again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dave Z
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Some things about this hotel:

Airport hotel - many people coming in and out. Rather large hotel with many rooms and multiple floors - near sports complex so when we were stayed there were many youth teams staying at the hotel.

Treadmill and other equipment did not work in exercise room - so we ended up jogging around the business park nearby.

Outdoor pool - no hot tub.

The breakfast was good with a good assortment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SWMN87
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We found a great deal on this hotel the last night of our 10 day road-trip. We needed a reasonably priced hotel that offered free shuttle service to/from the airport. This one fit the bill! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel and room was very clean. The shuttle service was quick! The only thing that my be drawback for some was that our room was a bit small and only had a shower (no bathtub). But, it wasn't a big deal for us. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeahSS825
Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you are looking for a comfortable night's rest in a clean modern hotel for a very reasonable price. This is the place. The front desk was very friendly. There is a shuttle to the airport, and breakfast starts at 4 am. Comfortable beds in a modern setting room with large flat screen TV. Easy access to the highway and airport. A great value at $49/night

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo