Sleep Inn Airport Kansas City
$109
$164
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$121
$113
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$169
$160
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbiscuits and gravyhard boiled eggscontinental breakfastroom was comfortable and cleanpark and flyshuttle servicea nice place to staystaying at this hotelcerealpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2012

To say our stay at Sleep Inn was less than stellar would be like saying summers in the Middle East may be warm. From check in to check out our stay was plagued with less than pleasant circumstances. We booked in advance, but arrived to find things were not as promised. The queen-size bed we reserved was actually a full size bed, the shower was built for one of Santa’s elves, and the split unit/ HV-AC made more racket than a nursery school after a red-bull snack break. The room was not cleaned properly. Someone-else’s hair was on the floor in the Shower, in the bathroom, and there was even a long red hair made up in the bedding. The pillows were soft, but were also sized for one of Santa’s elves. I have camped out on better surfaces than the one our bed provided. I was careful not to put my suitcase on the floor or bed after seeing a huge water bug run up one of the walls. Between the noise of the AC & worry some huge bug was going to crawl into bed with us to spoon, neither me nor my wife slept well. After a poor night sleep, and a long flight ahead, we went to the breakfast, but were not at ease eating the food… wondering if roaches or worse may have been crawling over the food. We should have stayed elsewhere, and you should too. The only highlight this place had was the park & fly. The shuttle driver was very friendly, and got us right to our gate with time to spare. I would recommend this place shut down for a few days and take some corrective actions. Phone reservations, check-in, facility maintenance, and house keeping all need some administrative attention. I would not recommend this place to a friend.

Room Tip: Check out other hotels in the area. If you choose to stay here... don't put your suitcase on the floor or bed... use the suitcase stand.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank strattons117
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We've stayed at Sleep Inn's before and not had a problem, but this one will leave you anything but rested. Our heating and cooling unit was LOUD, and it turned off and on all night, so we were kept awake by the change from grinding noise to nothing and back again. Add to this the planes taking off overhead and people shouting in the hallway at random times during the night, and we were left exhausted. The only bright spot in our stay was the free hot breakfast. It was delicious and the area was kept cleaned and stocked.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I cannot complain much for $55 a night. I picked this place because the location was perfect for me, and I only needed a place to stay for two nights: nothing fancy.

The rooms do look old, but they were clean and quiet. The beds were pretty comfy. Now, do not expect a fantastic breakfast there or an excellent Internet connection. If you want to eat something nice, there is Waffle House just down the road.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I did not even stay at this hotel. I tried cancelling a reservation and Jason treated me like I was the worst person he ever met. He was rude, brash, and a complete jerk. I did not know the cancellation policy and instead of politely informing me, he treated me like a complete idiot and threatened me to not stay at their hotels again. Trust me, I won't.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

we just stayed here to attend a wedding and booked 2 rooms. The bride had reserved rooms at a closer hotel for 100 per night, but I got this one for 44 dollars a night for 3 adults in each room. i was a little skeptical, but only planned on sleeping there and going home the next morning. it was about 15 miles from the other hotel but I saved 112 dollars on 2 rooms. I was so pleasantly surprised. It was quite nice. it was by the airport but I did not hear any noise and it did not appear to be a bad area. it was not a 5 star hotel of course, but very clean and upkeep had been done nicely. a few bumps and scratches but nothing major. certainly nicer than i expected for the price. and the beds were great. very comfortable and nice soft sheets and pillows. they were the small square pillows. half of us loved them and the other half didn't because they were small. but they gave you 4 per bed. and they had free breakfast and it was not bad. they had make your own waffles. biscuits and gravy with sausage in it. also bagels and sweet rolls, yogurt and apples and orange juice and apple juice, milk and coffee. also boiled eggs but i don't recommend the eggs. they were rubbery. but every thing else was good for a free hotel breakfast and they kept it clean and refilled. also they have an exercise room with equipment but we did not use. also a small pool but it was closed for the season. this place is a hidden gem.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family