“Good for a Pitstop” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 112 Hotels in Kansas City
Seattle, Washington
“Good for a Pitstop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable that's all one can ask for during a one night pit-stop. The hotel was a 20 minute drive to downtown Kansas city. We did not make the drive and found a closer place to go out for dinner called Zona Rosa. there were a variety of shops and restaurants in this town-like complex.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place is great! Grear value!!!!! The employes treated us like family!!! The room is big and breakfest is really good. The bar prices are cheap, they have really good specials. The employee Ronda was very sweet and always made us feel like we were important. I will be returning to this hotel and will recomended it to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Alicia M
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a Clarion until a few days ago. I am guessing the lost their franchise and I saw first hand why. I am pretty sure they are not running the AC in the lobby since the front doors were open on a 97 degree day. Which leads to the flies on the lobby/breakfast area.

The rooms smelled of mildew and the desk person (I think it was a actually the shuttle driver manning the desk) cared less.

Room Tip: shop around
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank aliceg
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was hands down the most scummy, disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in.. Upon walking off the elevator onto the 2nd floor where our room was I could instantly smell mold (my 16 month old is VERY allergic to mold and mildew), before even entering our room I went straight back down stairs and asked for a refund due to my daughters allergy and the smell and the JERK (owner, i later found out) stated NO WAY.. that this is how hotels work and I would not be getting one penny back. I then asked if I could speak to some one above him, his exact words were that the only person above him was GOD!!! I was completley shocked and outraged and then I said that was absurd and I wanted to speak with someone and his wife, who out right called me a liar and said that my daughter was not allergic to "anything in their hotel" confirmed that the only person above the JERK I was speaking with was GOD!. Needless to say, we got charged for the room and ended up leaving and having a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn Next door

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank hailee s
Manhattan, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

It was easy to get a room. Nice airport shuttle service. But my room was nasty with stained carpet and a flithy shower curtain. I was very unpleased. Will not be staying again I will make sure that I preplan for a cleaner hotel when traveling.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Adore007
baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were booked into the hotel when our flight was canceled. I did not have very high hopes for an airport hotel. The hallway decorations and lobby are pretty standard. However, the rooms were very nice, comfortable beds, and lovely courtyard swimming pool.

The best part of this place is the people. They really pulled together to handle the mad dinner rush that the airlines thrust on them. The food was good, but the service and friendliness were terrific. This hotel is clearly not geared for this type of dinner rush, but they really tried and everyone pitched in and was friendly. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels but this is by far the worse ever! Rude staff, trash every where, no clean towels, toilets not working, no hot water, a/c blew out hot air ..... I could go on and on. Will never give them a dime of my money again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family