“Maybe worth it for parking, maybe.”
Review of Plaza Hotel

Plaza Hotel
Ranked #93 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed March 14, 2012

On the plus side, beds were comfortable, linens seemed very clean, 2 weeks of parking was cheap and the shuttle to and from the airport was prompt. On the bad side- building was just dingy, my room had threadbare towels, and the guys on staff here were CREEPY. As a single woman I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank CurlyLindsay

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Great customer service. We had a 6:00 am flight and this hotel has a 4:25 am (and 4:40 am) shuttle bus to the airport. The price for a one king bed suite (bedroom is separated from the living room, you can close the door) is affordable, about $125++ plus you'd get a free breakfast and can park for a week here. Cheaper than parking at the airport.
Unfortunately, the mattress was too hard, otherwise I would give it a 4 star.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel is located very close to KCI and makes it convenient if you need to stay overnight before catching an early flight.

That said, this hotel is a bit tired. The rooms need a bit refreshing and the bedding need to be replaced.

The customer services makes up for some of the short comings.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was delivered the WRONG sandwich. They came and took it back after I had taken the cover off and eaten some fries!!! I was healthy but what if I had a cold or bronchitis or ..... I did not want it but did they serve it to someone else? The health department will be notified!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We will never stay at this location again. Our bed was uncomfortable and the 2nd night I found the control for the Sleep Comfort bed was under mattress. Bed was deflated and inoperable. Our friend's room, the fridge and microwave were missing and not very clean. The pool the next morning was dirty, scummy and bunches of hair floating on top.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DAVE L
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I was traveling with my disabled father. I called ahead to be sure there were handicapped rooms. I was told there were, however the bathtubs are NOT wheelchair accessible, they are the same bathtubs in the regular rooms with bars. The sleep number beds were uncomfortable, the hot tub was freezing cold, the drains were clogged, some of the light bulbs were burned out, the free breakfast was gross and the seat belts in the van had been cut out. The staff was friendly, except for the manager, who was extremely rude! When I pointed out the bathtubs were not wheelchair accessible she recommended we stay at the Hampton...not to worry, next time we will!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank l n
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I usually write excellent reviews, but I have to write about our experience to warn others and hope that management fixes things. Checkin was a complete mess. The computer systems were down and we waited over 30 minutes before we were finally given a key....to someone else's room! Luckily they were understanding since they also walked in on someone else! Another 20 minutes later, finally given a room that was unoccupied. We dropped our stuff off and left for dinner, but our key wasn't working when we got back. Waited in line again and overheard the person at the front saying they were also assigned a room with someone else's luggage, which turned out to be ours! All we wanted was a place to sleep before heading to the airport early in the morning. One sleep number bed was broken with one side permanently on soft, and the other hard, leaving an uncomfortable line in the middle. Shower drains didn't work either way, wireless didn't work at all so we hopped on neighboring marriott's wireless. Pool "closed" for maintenance the entire time even though we didn't see anyone cleaning it. They had the guts to send me a satisfaction survey which I filled out outlining the poor management and problems, but no response. Bottom line is I will never stay at another Clarion hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family