“Great place to stay for a weekend away!”

Quality Suites Airport Kansas City
Ranked #67 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Springfield, Missouri
“Great place to stay for a weekend away!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I wanted to go on a trip without our son, the first time since he was born. We had a lot we wanted to see so we wanted to spend as little as possible for the best possible stay. We spent $75 through hotels.com and had a king "suite" which included a separate sitting area and a half kitchen. I asked the lady at the front if we could upgrade to a room with a whirlpool she upgraded us for free because they had a lot of open rooms! It was quiet, we didn't hear any noisy people and it was perfect. It was a nice romantic trip with my husband away from the everyday stress of life. The only downside was the ice machine upstairs was broken, but all that required was a walk downstairs to the other one.

Free breakfast, complimentary newspaper (WSJ not KC Star), workout room, indoor pool and comfortable bed. Totally worth the $ and I am glad I chose it.

Room Tip: Whirlpool is totally worth the extra $. It's perfect for two :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
LOS ANGELES
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was driving all day and needed a place to stop before the next leg of my trip. I pulled in to the first hotel on the corner off the interstate. Good choice for me. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and quick. I was check in fast but friendly. I told her about my long car ride and she told me that they had a hot tub! I was so relaxed and made to feel like I was welcome here. I got a good breakfast in the morning and I was all set for my next car ride.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ALEXANDRA S
Hunter, KS
Reviewed October 10, 2012

After dealing with a bad experience at another hotel, the staff bent over backwards to make sure that we were taken care of. They found a great room that fit our family of 7. While it isn't a perfect hotel, the way they worked to help us out made up for any imperfections.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tyler L
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Immediately had poor service over the phone when employee couldn't give me directions from the airport to the hotel. When we arrived there were no automatic doors and a musty smell immediately upon entering. Rooms looked nice but outdated. They seemed clean but the toilet stool was leaking and had water on the floor, which you couldn't see until my wife stepped in the puddle. The leak was very obvious by the rust on the side of the stool (how could maintaince miss it?). TV was terrible and limited channels.
The absolute bad part was to have the cleaning service walk in at 8:30 am after telling them no from my bed three times.
Find another hotel until these people can fix their problems. POOR MANAGEMENT!

• Stayed September 2012
QualitySuites629, General Manager at Quality Suites Airport Kansas City, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I apologize for the issue with the toilet leaking. This room was taken out of service as soon as you mentioned it to the front desk, and our maintenance was taken care of the leak. Sorry about the miscommunication with directions, I will look in to training the staff better on giving directions.

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Light out in bathroom. Staff changed bulb, that did not work. I was told the worker that knows about the light would be in at seven am. My flight left at 6 am. Family of six tried to prepare for a nights rest and a early morning flight with no bathroom light. Was told no other room was available, but they would get to it first thing in the morning!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Earl V
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

The noise in this place is horrible. Loud air conditioner, stool runs off and on by itself and thin walls. Staff was ok. All around old feel in the decor. I would not recommend this place for light sleepers.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Atcruiser
QualitySuites629, General Manager at Quality Suites Airport Kansas City, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I appologize for the noise in the hotel on the night of your stay. We are busy in the summer time with familys and groups. But we do want to keep in mind our light sleepers and try to keep them as comfortable as possible, if you can contact me and let me know which room had the loud air conditioner, I can send maintence up to the room to take care of the issue.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We rolled in after midnight with a family of seven while on a road trip. Got a suite with a king and foldout couch with enough room to put an inflatable mattress on the floor for $79 plus taxes. Clean room, cold a/c, and comfortable bed. Breakfast was nice with eggs, sausage links, waffle maker, cereal, pastries, coffee and juice. Only problem was parking. The hotel was obviously at capacity and we had to park in an empty area next to an actual parking spot. Otherwise a great deal and pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family