“Great updated Courtyard hotel”

Courtyard Kansas City Airport
Ranked #39 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
manhattan, ks
“Great updated Courtyard hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through priceline and to be completely honest, i almost threw the reservation away. I stayed at a Courtyard Kansas City airport about ten years ago, and it was awful. I decided one night wouldn't kill me and i kept the reservation. Boy did this Courtyard surprise me! The rooms are great! Fantastic bed, very clean, updated, modern, bright decor. The hotel is also very convenient to restaurants (two or three that you can easily walk to, they are so close) and the airport shuttle is great. Room had a coffeemaker and a small refrigerator. If you need an airport hotel in kansas city, i highly recommend this place. However, be warned that if you need more than one bed, do not book via a third party website, or priceline.We were two adults traveling and did not wish to share a bed. The desk clerk stated that they are not allowed to change third party reservations from king bed to two queen. She stated that a room with two queens is more expensive although they are listed as the same price on marriott's website. I have used priceline for booking, dozens of times and this is the first time that i was unable to request a room with two beds, maybe it's a Courtyard rule. There is a somewhat uncomfortable sofa bed available. Front desk staff also did not answer the phone either of the two times we called (seriously, 70+ rings each time), went to the desk in person and the clerk said the phone had not rang. Save yourself the trip, if you are looking for the bedding for the sofa bed - it's in one of the dresser drawers.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank carrie-a-go
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay. We did fine a kink in the phone cord which would explain the issue of the Front Desk not answering the phone. My apologies. We are very proud of our Bistro and newly remodled rooms. Appreciate you giving us a 2nd try and your loyalty to Marriott.

Shawn Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice in the last year to visit family and will be staying again for a few days in December. They have an airport shuttle that is free and will take you to shopping centers (there is a really nice Dillards Dept. Store nearby) or restaurants nearby as well as the airport if you are stuck without a car. There is a small restaurant which is ok for breakfast but there is a good chain restaurant, a Cracker Barrel right across the street as well. The only thing I don't like is that they have Starbucks coffee which I am not a fan of. All in all, its a really great, reasonably priced place to stay while in KC. Very clean with comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Great to hear we have met your expectations when staying in Kansas City. If there is anything we can do on your upcoming trip please let us know. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you in December.

Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed here one night while waiting to fly out the next day. The location is very close to the airport and just down the road from an outdoor shopping center with restaurants. The hotel seemed a little old, the floor in my room felt dirty-I wanted to keep my shoes on anytime I walked on it. Also this is one that has balcony doors that open-I was on a higher floor so it was ok-but traveling as a solo female-I would request a higher floor for safety. Also I had to keep the bathroom door closed because the toilet kept making a noise every few minutes that was loud.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
My apologies for the running toilet and the impression that the guest room carpet was dirty. We do have a consistent General Clean/Preventive Maintenance program in place. I was hoping you could call me (816) 891 7500 or email me at shawn.jackson@marriott.com to discuss your experience and share with me your room number. I want to follow up with our team and review the documentation of when we last serviced (GC/PM) the room. Thank you for your feedback and I am looking forward to speaking with you.

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Nice hotel for staying at when flying our of KC. Able to leave our car and they shuttled us to and from with no problem, even leaving at 4 in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable and plenty of restaurants close by.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dfm59
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive comments. Pleased to hear we took great care of you and got you started on a positive note for your Florida trip. Thank you for using our park and fly.

Florence, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Everything in my room/bathroom was spotless! The staff also hosted our 60th class reunion patrons staying there to a full buffet breakfast two mornings and Thomas served us.....what a neat person. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and efficient. I will definitely stay here again as I do come to K.C. ever so often. I did not have to wait at any time for a shuttle and the drivers were courteous. Thanks for a great stay. Carol Thenell

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I will share your TripAdvisor response with Thomas. We are very lucky to have him! Thomas has been with Marriott for 26 years and does a fantastic job everyday. I will also report out to the addtional departments your kind comments. Thank you for your business and allowing us to take care of you and your fellow classmates.

Best Regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel looks like it was recently upgraded and it's nicely appointed, modern and clean. We did not experience any issues during our stay but nothing stood out other than the friendly service.
Check-in and check-out were efficient; the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. There was free internet in the lobby and in the rooms. The Bistro cafe in the lobby has limited food choice but friendly service. The hotel guest guide said that 24/7 complementary coffee was available in the lobby and morning newspapers would be delivered. Neither is true and both would have been nice. There are PC's in the lobby - I guess it is their business center--and very slow PCs for printing boarding passes. The small fitness room is open 24/7 with 2 treadmills, an elliptical and free weights. One morning it was clearly not cleaned from the previous night, and overall it is kinda small for a hotel this size.
In the room, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean and there was plenty of drawer space. The room had a coffee pot and small fridge. Amenities included shampoo and conditioner only - no lotion, no vanity kit. There is some construction going on nearby which you can clearly hear from the hotel, but it's not within their control.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your most recent stay. I apologize for the misleading information in our guest room directory and the condition of our Health Club. I will be following up with Housekeeping. Thank you again for your business and feedback.

Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I spend many nights in Marriott brands. All of them. This CBM is exceptional for one reason. The staff. Sean treated me like a Platinum even though he didn't know that I am. This property doesn't have that funky CBM musty smell that many do, therefore I think it must be maintained to a higher level. I don't review Marriott properties unless they are exceptionall bad, or exceptionally good. I'm pleased to give this property a good review.

• Stayed September 2013
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Great to hear feedback from a Marriott Platinum member and TripAdvisor "Senior Reviewer." Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and taking the time to recoginize the Kansas City Airport Courtyard.