“Best Place in Town”

Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Tampa
“Best Place in Town”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

we stay here all of the time. the staff are great and treat you like family.
we enjoy the kindness, cleanliness and everything about this hotel. would not sat anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank docblanchard01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
lincoln ne
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This hotel was amazing. The only con was finding it in the middle of many hotels in the area. You could see it from the interstate after the exit of course, but I guess this qualifies it as a "hidden gem"!!

Very comfortable beds with new linens. Plush carpeting, even on the stairs. Nice updated bathroom. Hotel was either brand new, or recently renovated with sleek, modern touches. I felt like I was in a spa hotel. This will be the only hotel in KC that I will stay in from now on. PS - great continental breakfast too!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenmc1026
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We booked an early morning flight out for vacation and live over 100 miles from MCI, so I started looking for a place to spend the night that wouldn't break the bank. While I love the airport Marriott and spend a lot of time there for work throughout the year, they are expensive, large, and they nickel and dime you for internet service, food, etc...

The Fairfield was perfect. The shuttle to and from the airport is quick and it cost just $20 for a whole week to leave my car there - better than long term parking. The front desk clerk was very helpful, the shuttle driver was great, and the room was perfect for our needs.

My only complaint was that we were told more breakfast items would be out for those of us taking the early shuttle, but we had to ask for something at the last minute (my 6 year old needed something to take his medication with) because they were slacking. Still, it is a great place to stay.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bearcatprof
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I don't have a lot of details for this review; we wanted a quiet, convenient place to stay overnight and park our car during a 4-day trip and we got it.

The employees all seemed genuinely cordial and willing to help; we checked in quickly and also arranged for the shuttle the next morning, a wake-up call (employee proactively asked about both) and got a form to fill out since we were leaving the car.

The pool was small, which is typical of Fairfields and others in this hotel type; I did not use that or the gym. Breakfast was humdrum; no meats. The hot option was a waffle with fruit. On our return, pickup from the airport took about 10 minutes from when we called and they took us straight to our car.

The room was comfortable and quiet, and included a refrigerator and microwave. Some foods were for sale in the "pantry" shop in the lobby; there were also menus form local places that would deliver, for $5 plus 4% of the bill plus driver tips. Did not try the in-room Wi-Fi.

My only unhappy surprise was that the rate of $67 on the Marriott site ended up at $151 (including taxes) when I called the hotel directly and asked for a rate that included leaving the car. But, I'm a free human being and could have tried haggling or shopping around, or even leaving the car at the nearby off-airport parking lot for less money. I may look into all of the above next time.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AThena53
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I had only had one (bad) experience with Fairfield Inns many years back in another region of the country, and was reluctant to try the brand again with so many other choices out there. This was one of the cheaper hotels in Kansas City and I’m glad I gave Fairfield another try! The property has clearly been recently upgraded (with modern décor) though the price says otherwise ($70 a night)! I don’t have anything negative to say about the property, we had a great stay, and I’d definitely recommend the property to anyone. When I visit Kansas City area again, this hotel will surely be my choice, especially if the pricing stays as low as it is.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoshandIssa
Virginia
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We stayed just one night before our flight out of town. Just minutes from KC airport. Looks new! Microwave, refridgerator and flat screen TV in the room. Clean and sharp looking room. One oddity, no suitcase stand in the room so the suitcase had to be on the floor. The people in the room above were noisy past midnight but I called the desk and they took care of it promptly. One nice extra - at check-in the desk clerk was sure to ask if I would like the airport shuttle, thoughtful hospitality for sure! Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Armypeople
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We stayed here for one night while traveling through the KC area. The most positive thing about this hotel was the front desk clerk who checked us in. She was very welcoming - she had actually noticed my reservation note that I needed non-feather pillows and called the housekeeper to check to be sure they had been put in the room!
The room was OK though quite small and cramped. The decor did not seem to coordinate - not a big deal but odd. The TV - nice flat panel - received only 25 channels which in my experience is quite unusual - and the internet was slow. There was a non-slip mat in the bathtub that had partially come up - looked like a catching place/breeding ground for dirt and germs.

The location of this hotel is odd - there many hotels and some kind of expo center at this exit but no restaurants and no gas stations. The hotel has 2 shelves with snack foods for purchase. It is unusual to find an exit with so many hotels and no restaurant. (Actually, there is a restaurant inside one of the hotels - we walked over there to get a sandwich (which was OK) but both the restaurant and hotel seemed quite grungy).

The hotel was full and there was not enough parking - the lot was full with people parking along curbs and other undesignated parking spots.
We would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple