“They saved me!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #32 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I hadn't planned to stay in Kansas City but I was flying on a day when there were thousands of flight delays and I ended up being four hours late and was not going to have daughter drag two little grandchildren out of bed to drive over an hour to pick me up. I didn't want to have to spend a fortune to just sleep and needed somewhere near the airport since I was pretty sure I was going to have to take a cab. We settled on this motel (I told her to check the Marriott airport hotels) and she made the reservation. When it appeared that 2:00 AM was going to be my arrival time I called the hotel to ask about cab companies. Their shuttle wasn't working that late but they arranged my pick-up with a neighboring hotel and I was in the room less than an hour after arrival. I was SO grateful (traveling alone I'm used to; that late at a practically deserted airport I'm not used to) that the man at the desk was so accommodating. He had my key waiting for me. A Fairfield Inn is what it is, but this facility went over and above with me and I am grateful!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Nice, well kept property! Beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is friendly. The only reason they don't get a perfect score is because the owners are way too stingy with the Marriott rewards, telling me that my rate is too low....that's no excuse! Its simply up to the hotel management.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed here as a part of a group.

Staff was friendly and helpful all week. It is not something I come across often at hotels. The had some excellent suggestions for local restaurants.

Location was conveniant and it was close to the airport and interstate. Major shopping area was a 5 minute drive.

Hotel room was good but I found the beds a little soft. Room had a mini fridge and microwave.

There are areas for improvement. Carpet in the room was dirty and should be cleaned more often. I had to get my room card re-keyed twice in the week and others had the same issue. Housekeeping forgot to clean my room one day and another coworker's room was forgotten on another day.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
FFIKCI_GM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am always glad to hear such glowing reviews of our staff!! I also appreciate your comments about our housekeeping. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations in that regard. We value your feedback and will share this with our staff.

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites – Kansas City Airport.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Came in for Comic-con and called to see we could get an early check-in, unfortunatley they were sold out the night before so no early check-in but when I asked them to hold the room cuz we were going to check out the event the receptionist asked us if we were in for comic-con, totally understood why we would be late and even joked a bit about the con. Gotta love it when a hotel knows what's going on in the area and what to expect, especially because we cosplayed one of the days and the staff were so fun about it.
The breakfast was great everymorning and the room was very comfortable. Like I said friendly staff, only negative might've been the closed pool but wasn't a huge thing for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was my second visit here in 12 months, back-to-back Aprils for a conference across the street. This time, I went to check in, and they wouldn't let me do it because I am only 20. Last year, at age 19, nobody made a fuss. Found that rather annoying, but they were at least very nice about it. It was more a hiccup than anything else, because the rest of the visit was good. It's a very nice hotel, clean room, nice facilities, particularly good breakfast, friendly service. Would definitely recommmend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed here prior to flying to Cancun. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. They had made burgers on the grill for visiting members of the armed forces. They said that they do that about once a month. What an excellent way to honor our service people. The drivers of the van that took us to the airport and picked us up were very friendly and helpful. It was a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2014

A reasonable place to stay before or after your flight. If you purchase the Park/Fly package you can leave your car there & take the hotel's complimentary shuttle. Rooms are clean & well furnished. Just average in size. A nice breakfast but ordinary hotel breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
FFIKCI_GM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our hotel.

I’m glad that your stay met your needs and you were able to take advantage of our quick shuttle service and the convenience of our Park Here Fly There package. With MCI only two miles away, it makes early flights a lot easier!

Thanks for choosing our hotel!