“Good accomodations for the price!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here during a conference at the convention center across the street. It was a family-oriented conference, so we knew there would be multiple families and many children at the hotel. However, the families did a great job keeping their kids quiet and respectful.
PROS: check-in was easy, the room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is complete--scrambled eggs and sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, hot and cold cereals, breads/rolls/bagels, waffles, milk, juice, teas, coffee (pretty good), fresh fruit and yogurts. Everything was hot and clean, too.
The rooms have a microwave and refrigerator, tall ceilings, and deep baths. The towels are pretty thick.
CONS: the walls are pretty thin so you can hear your neighbor if they're loud. The pool is pretty small and there is no hot tub (they had to remove it because the improvements required by the ADA act would have been too costly).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I were on our way back to Canada from wintering in Florida. We decided to stop in Kansas City to see a baseball game. I chose this hotel (1) because of the ratings and (2) because it is on the north side of town and we would get a great start in the morning - missing all the traffic closer to the city.

When we checked in, we noticed there was a lot of people in the breakfast area drinking and kids all over the place. We got the keys to our room and the lady at the front desk told us that our room was away from all the noise. This was true. We were on the top floor in the corner. The room itself is fine. The bed was comfy and we had a good size sitting area. If anyone is particular about their tv and channels, this is not the place for you. TV is on small size and there are not many channels.

Before we went out for supper my husband and I decided to go for a walk. The were kids running up and down the halls, outside and, well, they were everywhere - you had to watch where you walked so that they did not run you over. The parents were sitting in the breakfast area drinking. At least the noise was kept on the main floor. However early the next morning, kids were running up and down the stairs and down the hallways yelling. Not fun in the early morning.

Breakfast in the morning - there were so many people (and kids) in the breakfast area that there was not room for anyone to even enter to try and get food. However, we managed to get in and get what we wanted. We quickly realized there were not tables for us to eat at (even though people were done, they were not leaving) so I asked the breakfast ladies for a tray. They do not have trays, but they were able to find something for me to use (thank you!). My husband and I got all our food and came up to our room to eat.

There is plenty of parking at this hotel. However, there is not a restaurant close by. The closest ones we could find are about 5-10 miles away, depending on what you want to eat.

So, if you want to take a chance and stay here for a cheap rate, give it a try. As I said our room was fine. My only suggestion would not stay here on a weekend when you have all the kids around. It seems a lot of families (and groups) stay here because of the cheap price. The hotel is close to the airport and they have a shuttle.

My husband and I have decided that we will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for room 300. It is on the top floor and in the corner. One of the r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
FFIKCI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you so much for posting your feedback about the Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport. We appreciate your comments as we look to our guests to help us continuously improve our services. We did have a large sports team staying at the hotel over the weekend you stayed. During spring, baseball tournaments occur on several weekends in the Kansas City area. The teams are spread out amongst many hotels. I realize when there are sports teams in the hotel; the activity level is much higher which I understand impacted your experience. I certainly apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and your husband. We will review your comments as we determine the best way to serve all of our guests during these high demand times.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed just one night at the Fairfield Inn. Had a late flight into Kansas City and this place was close to the airport. The reception was fast for check in and very knowledgeable. I needed to pick up a few items and she gave me written directions to a local superstore. The room had everything I needed. Big comfortable bed, nice tv, small fridge and microwave. The room wasn't huge but was clean. The free breakfast was nice with plenty of variety. I grabbed coffee, some toast, a yogurt and was on my way. I'd stay here again when I fly back to the area on business.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed the night here before a flight. Easy check-in despite a late arrival. Room was clean and comfy and quiet. Up early the next morning to catch a flight and breakfast was ready..the usual hotel breakfast fare..some hot dishes, some cold...but what we had was good enough! After breakfast we caught timely shuttle to the airport. All of the hotel/shuttle staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. Saw that the hotel had a pool, which looked refreshing but we didn't have the time to check it out any further. I'd stay here again...and hopefully have a little more time to spend. (Also nice to be able to leave car on the premises while we were gone)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel came so close to being a 5! Everything was terrific. The beds were comfortable. The room was clean., The towels were soft and absorbent. Check in was fast and friendly. The breakfast was somewhat limited, but good. Plenty of parking right by the event center. So, what kept it from being a 5? We requested an 8:00 a.m. wake up call, which never came. We set the in-room alarm clock, so we woke up, but a wake up call simply cannot be missed! That could cause someone to miss a meeting, job interview or flight. It just cannot happen in a good hotel. I would definitely stay here again, but hopefully, next time, the front desk will do their job better.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed here due to fight issues, room was clean staff was very friendly, shuttle to and from the airport was free. They gave us recommendations on places to eat and would shuttle us if needed. I guess that's why I choose Marriott property's

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business