“I Always leave satisfied”

Courthouse Exchange Restaurant
Ranked #201 of 1,489 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The Exchange is located underground with an old time rustic, relaxed atmosphere. They offer a very well priced daily lunch or dinner special 6 days a week. With any entree you can get the salad bar for half price and this is a deal if you don't mind leftovers from your entree! They offer a Great Balif's Fried Chicken that I keep going back for. A Filet that is always cooked to order and a quesadilla that is made the way it should be made, with plenty cheese! I stay away from the hamburger because I like mine rare but if you don't, it is good. It is always a pleasant atmoshphere inside and when you are done dining, there is nothing better than walking around the quite town of Independence to let your food settle. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Action J

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Someone recommended this restaurant for lunch, and we were not disappointed. Our sandwiches and yummy fries were freshly prepared and very good. A bit pricey, but still a pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank mcgGeorgia
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My family and I love to eat at the Courthouse the food and service is always great. The Saturday night steak dinner is a must try with an order of there onion rings. We will be back soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Was recommended by the staff at the Higher Ground Hotel saying the kids would love it ... and they were right! Delicious & fresh food with a friendly staff! Ate there twice on a 4 day stay & the burgers were wonderful!

Reviewed July 6, 2010

The # of places near the square were minimal....The Courthouse Exchange offers a pleasant environment, appears to be a local favorite, and was a great place to get a good sandwich or appetizer and a beer or glass of wine. I'd highly recommend that you check it out if you're in town for a short stay and are looking for some of what I've noted....