“disappointed”

Ranked #70 of 1,470 Restaurants in Kansas City
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-29 & Barry Road
Description: Hereford House is one of the finest steak houses in the United States. The Hereford House provides incredible food at reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went there on 8/22/13 with my wife. Service and food were both very good. Only problem was, when I went to pay my bill, I also included a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate that I had purchased in February 2013. The MOD came out and told me that they no longer accept certificates from Restaurant.com, due to unsanctioned certificates showing up from Restaurant.com, and that I was liable for the entire invoice. She asked if she could get me anything else and I replied, 'Yes the $25 off my bill' for the value of the certificate. A few minutes later she conveyed something to the server to give me a $12.50 discount. According to the server, this problem began in the last 2 months. I said well, I purchased it in February. I left him the $12.50. I contacted Restaurant.com and they informed me that Hereford House had cancelled their contract in March of this year, however, according to their contract Hereford House was to honor any outstanding certificates purchased prior to that. If you have an issue with Restaurant.com then settle it with Restaurant.com. Don't make your guests suffer. Your prices are exorbitant as it is. P.S. We won't be back

1  Thank KCSNORKEL

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hereford house Zona rosa

We arrived before 6pm, to a virtually empty restaurant in Zona Rosa. We sat on the patio, and were advised they offer a happy hour food menu til 6:30. Not wanting a huge meal, we opted for the smaller size and less expensive happy hour strip steaks, served with fries or mashed potatoes. We paid an up charge to add a side salad.
Delivery of our entrees was rushed, served only a few minutes after we received our salads. The steaks were prepared medium rare as specified, but were not of a quality we would expect from Hereford House.
Service was only mediocre considering the lack of other diners.
Proves once again...you get what you pay for! We'll order from the regular menu next visit.

5  Thank Candi N
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in for a quick bite during Happy Hour. I was pleased with the nice dark wood bar & multiple TV's (I travel for my job, so, typically dine alone). There Happy Hour menu was pretty good. I thought my "Cherry Limeade" cocktail was great for $6, and the steak burger & fries for $6 was a steal. The bartender was very friendly, as well as the other bar patrons. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had reservations, and were greeted warmly at the reception desk. We ordered the dinner for two for $65. The shrimp cocktail was very good. Our salads were delicious! Our steaks were very good. Another friend ordered the chicken with bar-b-q sauce. She finished every bite. We ordered and shared the peach cobbler - warm and yummy - with ice cream and whipped cream. The best part of our visit was our server, Linda. She was patient, knowledgeable, attentive, helpful with our parking situation. Her service and serving of courses just flowed. Great atmosphere. Very impressive!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Likely the best restaurant in the city. Hereford House has been around for years and their service & food are always consistent. If you are coming to KC make your way to one of many locations, situated around the city. You will not regret it - get the cowboy cut!!!