“Overall, a Good Meal.”

Ranked #75 of 1,433 Restaurants in Kansas City
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-29 & Barry Road
Description: Hereford House is one of the finest steak houses in the United States. The Hereford House provides incredible food at reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Service, selections and quality were all above average. Steak cooked as ordered with sides (vegetable medley) cooked to perfection. Our server was very attentive and friendly, nice characteristics to have in this business. Restaurant had a nice crowd and seemed clean and organized. Steak houses serve steaks-these guys did their job as I felt that I got my $$$$'s worth.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoy dining at Hereford House because they have excellent filets -- you don't even need a knife, you can cut them with your fork!!. Their salmon is also great! The one thing I never miss having when I go there is the carrot cake. It is heavenly!

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

A party of six. We were delighted with the level of service and the steaks were prepared to perfection . The Kansas City Strip was wonderful. I tried a bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp. It was tasty but a tad overlooked. Their carrot cake should not be passed up. Fantastic!
Good food and fantastic service

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Food delivered to the table was cooked appropriately, but was not even very warm. The server who delivered the main course asked if I would like steak sauce and I replied "please." She never returned with anything! The steak was not the quality I expected even though it was a signature item on the menu.

1  Thank Jim95969
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The food was average, however the prices were far above. Kindof like paying for Ruth Chris and getting Outback.

1  Thank Lasuvera