“Business was a pleasure!”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed two weeknights at the Westin Crown Center for a business meeting. Seeing the completed lobby renovations was the first indication of a hotel experience that could not have been better. Everyone was friendly, courteous, professional, and helpful! All of the areas were attractive and clean; my room was comfortable and well-maintained. I slept peacefully in a quiet room with well-laundered linens, and I liked the "green" amenities and options. Thanks to everyone for exemplary guest service and a pleasurable stay!

Room Tip: I know that every direction affords a great view of Kansas City. I especially enjoyed my view of th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Happytoreport- Thank you for sharing your refreshing feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thirlled to hear you had a great stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a relaxing and refreshing stay. We are very excited about our new lobby renovations and I am happy you like the new improvements. We truly value your feedback and look forward to having you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,292)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Another great stay at the Westin. Just stayed for one night for a visit with friends.The updates in the lobby look great as well as the rooms.Staff was good-- check in was quick and friendly. If you are going to the Power and Light District, take advantage of the shuttle.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

22SMC- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. We could not be happier with our new lobby renovations and it is great you like the new improvements. We value your business and look forward to creating another relaxing and convenient experience.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I attended a conference at the Westin Crown Center in March 2014 and was pleased with the accomodations and found staff to be friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable; I selected the Go Green option to limit housekeeping, but had any needed item delivered right away. It was a positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

KaronMann- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a top notch experience you had and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, playing a large role in making your conference a success. We take great pride in our Westin Heavenly bedding and I am happy you were able to relax in comfort. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable accomodations, good meeting space. I could fully concentrate on the conference I was there to attend as I had a good nights sleep and an overall postive and restful experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Juli W- Thank you for taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating ensuring you had everything you needed for a relaxing and top notch stay. We take great pride in the amenities offered to our guests and it is great you were able to unwind in the comfort of your heavenly bed after a long day. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel is highly rated here and is a four star hotel so I expected more. I found this hotel to be poorly managed and disorganized, esp. housekeeping. We were out of the room all day on a Saturday and expected to return at 5:30 pm to a clean room. It took 2 calls to get someone to come in and didn't even receive an apology or explanation (the night shift cleaning lady was nice and did her job well, but she didn't know why our room wasn't serviced). Their book said that rooms are serviced between 8-4:30, yet they were on the defensive when I called asking if I should be expecting them later. We were not able to control the temp in our room and it was so hot that we weren't able to sleep well. The hotel garage could use some work, as it is cold, dark and not well kept, with very small parking spaces. I did find the hotel lobby staff to be genuinely friendly, courteous and helpful. I wouldn't go to the hotel restaurant though - we went for drinks since the restaurant had a very limited menu (under construction). There was a waiter at the bar area that didn't make us feel welcome by giving us the check after every drink (even after our first) - not sure why he didn't get the hint after he had to reprint our check three times. I was glad when his shift ended and we got another server. I also wouldn't listen to the concierge's recommendation of dining at Milanos - expensive, even more poorly organized than Westin (manager there made people leave by telling them they were too busy) and the drinks are terrible (expensive, small portions, little alcohol). The location is great - many activities within walking distance, esp. if you have kids. I got a great rate on this hotel but if I had to pay more than 100, I would not stay here. The hotel pool seemed cool - our room had a view of it and there were many swimming (it was cold out so I'm sure it was heated) and there is a tunnel where you can swim outside from inside.

1  Thank Letty S
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Letty S- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Wstin Crown Cener. I sincerely apologize if your stay was less than perfect due to the frustrations you experienced with our housekeeping team as well as your disappointment in our Brasserie Restaurant. The service you received is unacceptable and not at all how we train our staff. It is our goal to create as relaxing and accommodating an experience as possible. I have addressed your comments with the appropriate teams to ensure these matters and handled and do not reoccur on any future stays. We value your business and I hope your stay does not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels. I hope to have the opportunity to have you back as our guest in the future to create a top notch stay.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The staff at Westin Crown Center were genuinely friendly. Real people, not the over the top, annoying, fake friendly. The staff, from the front desk, to the housekeepers, to the concierge, to the bar staff were happy to help their guests. I was impressed on how clean the whole hotel was and how comfortable the rooms were. It was easy and convenient to get from the hotel, to Union Station, to the shopping area and to the Aquarium. The hotel was very well laid out.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Lynda H- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a top notch stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. It is our goal to create as relaxing and memorable a stay as possible and I a happy you were able to unwind in the comfort of your Heavenly bed as well as enjoy all the fun sites and dining in Crown Center. We value your business and look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel is in an excellent location with easy access to all of Kansas City including Country Club shopping area and the light and Power District. The restaurant is avery good value and we really enjoyed the shuttle service. The room were very nice and appeared to have been recently redecorated.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dave S- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had and were able to enjoy the meals provided to you in our Brasserie. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to indulge in all the fun sites and dining in the area. We value your business and look forward to having you back as our guest in the future. Thank you again for sharing your refreshing comments.