“Great location in Kansas City”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is in a great location in Kansas City because its easy to get on any of the major roads and get around town. It is very clean and there are connecting tunnels to get you to a few other hotels/attractions without having to go out onto the street. The staff was very friendly. The room was spacious enough but the bedding and towels are not very soft.

Room Tip: Windows facing the ice skating rink make the room a bit noisy when the rink is being zambonied
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

JaxGatorGirl- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating ensuring you had everything you needed for a relaxing stay. We are very fortunate to be centrally located in Crown Center with so many great sites and dining in the area and I am happy you were able to take advantage of our link covered walkway to visit the area. We value your business and look forward to creating many more top notch stays for you in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Crown Center

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Westin Crown Center was a wonderful and pleasant surprise. Not only are the employees amazing but the shops, restaurants and services were excellent. The buffet breakfast was wonderful and very inexpensive. Everyone from the door man to the housekeepers were pleasant and helpful. The room was extremely clean and spacious. Thank you Westin!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Shawn001- Thank you so much for sharing your refreshing feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear our team was able to help create a top notch experience for you making your business trip feel more like a leisure trip! We take great pride in the amenities offered to our guests and I am truly happy to hear you were able to indulge in the great meals offered to you and relax and unwind in the comfort of your guest room after a long day. We truly value your business and our team looks forward to creating many more friendly and accommodating stays for you in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have been staying at the Westin Crown Center for years. Great location, Superior Service and good people. My wife and i were married there 3 years ago and our friends are still talking about how great the hotel was. The Westin Crown Center gives Kansas City a Great Name, maybe that is why so many NFL teams stay there when they are in town. I recently attended the 101 banquet which is always at the Westin, stayed the night.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a view of downtown...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Pyromike- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. It means a lot to our team to hear our staff is able to consistently go above and beyond to create a top notch experience for you. Knowing we were able to help make such a special memory for you, your wife and friends is amazing. We value your loyalty to The Westin and look forward to having you back in the near future! Thank you again for sharing your refreshing comments.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

For convenience and location, the Westin works very well. Had a nice view of downtown up on the 13th floor. Central location and the staff was friendly and courteous especially the folks at the front desk and the valet guys.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor and get a corner room with a downtown view if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Gerard M- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and were able to relax and unwind with the breathtaking view from your room. It is our goal as a Westin to create as refreshing and inviting a stay as possible. It means a lot to know we were able to create this for you. We value your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

It was my first time ever in the US, I went to Kansas on a business trip and was amazed by the quality of the room, location, and good service I received there.
I spent two weeks there in a room were I could see downtown (Sprint Arena), a beautiful view. Heating worked very well for me, and this was a very important factor for a good sleep since I faced a very cold weather during my stay.
The Crown Center Shopping that is in fact an annex to the hotel have a plenty of great places to eat. I can recommend the Einstein Bros Bagels for a quick breakfast and the Milano if you want a nice meal with a group of friends. Don't forget to check the Hallmarks store there for nice gifts.
I really loved my stay there and definitely will come back someday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown, it is quite a view in the morning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Leonardo- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It means a lot to our team to hear what a top notch experience you had at our hotel! We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center with many great shops and restaurants right outside our front doors and I am happy you were able to indulge in all the area has at your convenience! It means a lot to our team to know we were able to create such a positive impression as your first time in the US! We value your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the future!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

A friend and I booked a room at a hotel so we had place to stay after a concert at the Czar Bar. Upon arrival at the hotel, the first thing I noticed was it was very busy property. There was a lot of traffic going in and out of the hotel. The lobby is very beautiful, and very well kept. Checking in was a very smooth process. I must note the desk agent checking us in had a stellar mustache. We were put in a room on the top floor. It had a great view of the Crown Center. I found no short comings in the room. We were going to take a shuttle to the Power & Light District to get dinner before our show. It was going to be a 20 minute wait, so we decided to walk. It was less than a 20 minute walk to the Power & Light District, so easy to do when the weather was pleasant as it was the night we stayed. We went to The Brasserie at the hotel after the show to get a drink. The bartender was very knowledgeable and very personable.

To sum it up, we had a great experience at the hotel. When I'm back in Kansas City, I will be staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

BrianW1979- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and that you loved our new lobby renovations. We are very fortunate to be centrally located in Crown Center, moments away from many of Kansas City's "hot spots." I am happy the area was very convenient for you. We value your business and look forward to having you back as our guest!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I flew down for a JLR training session on Tuesday the 4th of March, and while I was only there for one day, I was very pleased with the exceptional service. The hotel is in a great location, and while I didn't have the time to explore the area, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Lrgeek- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a great time you had and that our staff was able to go above and beyond to ensure you had everything you needed for a successful stay. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center with many great activites and restaurants to keep you well entertained. We hope to have you back in the future so you can indulge in all the area has to offer you. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.