“Top notch hotel and area”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My family and I regularly stay at the Westin Crown Center 5-6 times a year. The staff are always very friendly and accommodating of anything we may need. The rooms are spotless and pretty spacious, and the beds are very comfortable. The restaurant also has great food, and the pool is enjoyable for the whole family. We've never had trouble with noisy neighbors in all the times we've stayed. The location is also perfect for us. We love Legoland and Sea Life, and the shops in Crown Center and Union Station in walking distance. For us, it's the perfect place to take the kids and enjoy a few days relaxing, and the Westin is a big part of why it's so relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Soxfan1986- Thank you for taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your stay with us at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a top notch experience our team is able to consistently create for you and your family, making you feel right at home. It is our goal to create as memorable and relaxing a stay as possible. Knowing you are able to indulge in all the great attractions and dining in Crown Center is fantastic. We truly value your family's loyalty to The Westin Crown Center and cannot wait to welcome you back to create many more signature stays.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,292)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I attended a friend's wedding at the Westin and was really very pleased with the experience. The front desk staff was informed and helpful, the barkeep remembered my drink from the first day when I returned on the second (and you have to try their artisan pretzels...truly great!), and staff everywhere seemed to be happy to be doing their jobs.

The rooms were on par with what you'd expect from a slightly older Westin property, but were meticulously clean and featured all the typical Westin amenities like Heavenly beds and showers and those lovely green tea products. Late check-out was no problem when I inquired - overall I'm very happy with my experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

pgthehotelguy- Thank you very much for sharing your refreshing feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a top notch experience. It is our goal to create as relaxing and uplifting a stay as possible and to hear our staffs positive attitude was contagious and that you were able to unwind in the comfort of your heavenly bed truly means a lot. We value your business and hope to create many more signature stays for you in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful from tall paul the bellman
that has been there over 20 years to the courteous front desk. It is a great location
with walkways to Union Station and to the Sheraton . The crown center shops are
right there too. It is also very close to the sprint center, the power and light district
and the great shopping at the plaza. My request for a late check out was graciously
given. The beds are among the most comfortable of any hotel I have stayed in.
We would not even think of staying anywhere else when we come to KC MO.
and have been coming here 2 to 4 times a year since they lst opened. The pool is very
nice and well heated even outdoors I have swam when it was 2 degrees outside.

Room Tip: A higher up room gives you a more pamoranic view which are all good. You can get a view of downtown...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

oklatraveler755- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing comments on your experience with us at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a top notch stay our staff has been able to create for you over the years! We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center with so many fun sites and restaurants to enjoy at your convenience. I am happy you are able to indulge in all the area has to offer as well as relax and unwind in your Heavenly Bed after a long day. Your loyalty means so much to our team and we look forward to having you back to The Westin family in the near future to create another signature stay.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was our first visit and I was very pleased! The location couldn't be better. The service was excellent. Rooms were very clean. Shopping and dining on site were major perks. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

maxsmommy05- Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to indulge in all the fun sites and shops in Crown Center! We are truly fortunate to be located in the heart of many of Kansas City's favorite attractions. It is our goal to create a relaxing and refreshing experience for our guests and I am happy to know you received this experience. We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to create another signature stay for you.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Westin in Kansas City for her birthday. The hotel is great, large rooms, great restaurants and a fantastic staff. Wes Wilt and all the staff took great care of us, including a few great extras.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Joyce H- Thank your for sharing your refreshing feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a great time you had with us celebrating your wife's birthday. I have shared your comments with our team on the top notch service they provided you. It is our goal to create as relaxing and inviting a stay as possible. We value your business and look forward to creating many more signature stays for you in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great Hotel in a Great Location. There are a lot of cool restaurants near-by or just a taxi ride way. The room was comfy and very spacious for a hotel room. I definitely would check this hotel out for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Doug D- Thank you for sharing your refreshing feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a great stay you had and were able to relax in the comfort of your guest room as well as indulge in all the great sites and dining. We truly value your business and it means a lot to our team to know what a top notch experience we were able to create for you. The Westin Crown Center looks forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Westin at Crown Center twice in the past year. Once was for our wedding anniversary, and the second was after a show in the downtown area. We live in Overland Park, KS, and find it fun to get away to a local hotel for the weekend. The big reason we love the Westin is the pet policy. We have brought our dog with us both times we have stayed there. During our recent stay, we were on the 6th floor, with a sliding door to a patio & grassy lawn- which was perfect for our dog. As an added bonus, the bedding at the Westin is amazing. My husband, my dog & I were all very comfortable.

Room Tip: A room on the 6th floor with a patio & lawn is perfect for travelers with dogs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Laura S- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear you loved your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our Pet Friendly policy! It is a great feature for our guests to conveniently have their four legged friend with them. The Westin strives to create as relaxing and refreshing a stay as possible and I am happy you were able to unwind in the comfort of your Heavenly bed as well as indulge in all the sites and attractions in Crown Center. We look forward to continuing to create top notch stays for you and your husband.