“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We recently used a block of rooms at the Westin Crown Center for our wedding. The experience from working with the sales team to each staff member we worked with during our stay was exceptional! They were quick to respond to any calls or emails and did all they could to make sure that part of our wedding planning went stress-free! It was an excellent hotel to trust with our family and friends! When you step inside - it was clean and decorated beautifully. The staff was welcoming and always very helpful. The proximity to Crown Center was a huge plus for our guests with kids as well as those that had traveled in from out of town and had extra time to do activities! We make frequent trips to Kansas City and have stayed at different hotels in the downtown area - but from now on, we'll be staying at the Westin!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Courtney P- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what an excellent experience you had with us during your wedding and that our staff went above and beyond to create a memorable and stress free day for you. I have shared your feedback with our team so they receive the recognition they greatly deserve. It means a lot to The Westin Crown Center that you would chose to celebrate such a special day with us! We look forward to having you back in the future, creating many more memories for you and your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
Trenton, Missouri
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Have stayed here for business meetings. Conference facilities excellent. Food beyond exceptional. Beds are the most comfortable of any hotel! I love to be able to walk through Crown Center to shops without being outside in the weather!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
vkirby- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to indulge in all the amenities provided to you as our guest! We are very fortunate to have our amazing Heavenly beds, allowing our guests to unwind and revitalize after a long day. We value your business and look forward to creating many more relaxing and refreshing stays for you in the future.
Edgemont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I expected an excellent room, excellent service and an excellent experience.
I was handled with great care during check-in. The room was very clean with an overabundance of towels and toiletries. On my check-out day, the bell captain could not have been more help by holding my luggage and ordering transportation to the airport.
The facility and staff met all of my expectations. Great Job by all!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dennis- Thank you for sharing your refreshing comments on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making sure you had everything you needed for a relaxing stay. We strive to make our guests experience as stress free as possible and I truly am pleased to know our team took such exceptional care. We value your business and look forward to having you back as our guest in the future. Happy Holidays.
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had a really good business stay at the Westin Crown Center. The property is well situated among the Crown Center shops. Very well maintained and spotless. Comfortable and cozy, I really enjoyed the stay.
Pros:
- This hotel is situated the best in the Crown Center location. Directly connected to shops and restaurants. The location is great if you are a family traveling with children. It's about a mile from the Sprint Center and the Power & Light District.
- The beds are really heavenly! Big pillows and lots of them. Mattress is "just right".
- The rooms were spotless.
- In room safe and coffee maker. The safe didn't lock but to be fair, I didn't ask them to fix it, either.
- In room wireless worked very well.
- Room service was fabulous. I ordered their version of a heart healthy dinner and dessert that was very well done with fresh vegetables and fruits and lots of flavor. It was delivered in a very reasonable 15 mins. Bravo!

Cons:
- The room was too hot but again, I didn't complain or I'm sure they would have fixed it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Andrea074- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your heavenly bed after a long eventful day. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrouding many of Kansas City's most popular sites and restaurants and I am very happy you were able to enjoy all the area had to offer. We value your business and it means a lot to our team to know what a top notch experience we were able to create for your. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to having you back with us in the future.
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed December 13, 2013

One of my checked bags did not make it to KC when I did . I told the lady at the front desk and she immediately called baggage and I called United, made a lost luggage claim. They found the bag in Chigago and they said it would arrive the following am. They also said I would have to send a cab to pick it up. I knew this was not United policy. The lady helping me immediately called baggage at the airport and when the bag arrived it was delivered to my room 1 hour later. I was impressed.

Room Tip: At the time you make reservations you should sign up for the corner room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
trunkeyd- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and taht our staff was friendly and accommodating, making sure you received your luggage with as little stress as possible. It is our goal as a Westin to create a relaxing and refreshing stay for our guests and it means a lot to our team to hear we were able to help create this for you. We value your business and look forward to having you back as our guest. Happy Holidays.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have been to this location a few times now. The beds are to die for - good for sleep and good for just hunkering down and enjoying the experience. The hotel is wonderfully located and there is much to do within walking distance - much of it without actually having to walk outside. This particular trip, besides strolling through the stores, we also went to the nearby aquarium - well worth the visit.

We could see the ice skating from our window and the tree with all its lights. As I said, a terrific stay - as usual.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Andrew H- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and are able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your Heavenly beds! It is our goal as a Westin to ensure our guests experience is as refreshing and uplifiting as possible. We are very fortunate to be centrally located in Crown Center and I am happy you were able to take full advantage of all the area has to offer. We value your loyalty and look forward to creating many more top notch, memorable stays for you down the road.
Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My family and I had a great time. We ate at the Kabuki, my daughters and wife shopped at all of the stores, and we even went ice skating. Ms. Rita at the concierge desk got us reservations for Garozzo's it was wonderful. I worked out at their gym the kids swam in the heated pool when it was 18 degrees out. The rooms were great and the kids even got a free movie out of the deal. Had a great time looking forward to going back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CURTIS E- Thank you very much for sharing your uplifting feedback on your stay with us at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear what a wonderful stay you hadand that our staff was friendly and accommodating ensuring you had everything you needed for a top notch stay. We strive to create energizing, revitalizing stays for our guests and it sounds like your family was able to recieve this! We truly value your business and it means a lot to hear we were able to create such a memorable Christmas getaway for your family. Happy Holidays! We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.