“Quality hotel; no complaints”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed 3 nights for a convention. Everything went well. Very comfortable and spacious room. The bed was especially comfortable. The lobby, restaurant and bar were good. The waterfall is a bonus! I would give it 5 stars except that there was nothing overwhelming and unexpected for the money. (Maybe the waterfall)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Paul B- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your Heavenly bed after a long day of your convention. It is our goal as a Westin to create as relaxing and refreshing an experience as possible and knowing our team was able to help create this means a lot. We value your business and hope to have you back with us in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,266)

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel took care of me and my family during our stay at the Westin. Check in was flawless. My wife had gotten lost enroute to the hotel and was quite flustered on arrival. The front desk staff unloaded her car for her and made sure she and the baby were taken care of. There was always a pleasant smile on each employees face and they were very willing to attend to any need we had during our stay. Thanks Westin, We will be back!

Room Tip: If you are an early riser and need to leave before the Gym opens, try a Westin Workout Room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

SGTCorbet- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating from the moment you arrived, ensuring you had everything you needed for a relaxing, stressfree stay. It is our goal to make our guests experience as inviting and memorable as possible and knowing we were able to create this for you means a lot. We value you business and are excited to welcome your family back with us in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've been coming to the Westin Crown Center for many years for an annual November meeting. It gets better every time. The upgraded lobby was warm and inviting. My room, though a little outdated in decor, was clean and fresh and comfortable. The staff has always been professional and kind, and this stay was no different. I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Wendy Pink- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your stay with us at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our team consistently goes above and beyond to ensure your stay is as relaxing and refreshing as possible. Your loyalty is very important to us and I am happy you love the new lobby renovations. We value your feedback and look forward to creating many more top notch experiences for you in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here for a conference Nov 7-10. However, my stay credit did not post. I have not had a chance to call the hotel yet, but despite being platinum I was billed for my breakfast.
On the positive side, I was upgraded to a large suite.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

krazieman- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if your experience was less than perfect due to the frustrations you encountered regarding your billing. Please reach out to our Rooms Director, Shawn Duke at shawn.duke@starwoodhotels.com so we can ensure this matter is corrected immediately. We value your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and hope to have you back in the future to create a top notch experience. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night during a cross country move. The hotel was sold out for a convention so they upgraded me to the "Royal Suite" since I am a Platinum member.

Pros:
Very beautiful lobby
Nice restaurant / Bar inside the lobby
Super dog friendly hotel
Upgraded to the "Royal Suite"
Free parking available for my truck and the uhaul trailer i was using to move (although it was a bit of a walk)

Cons:
Bar area closed down way too early

Loved this hotel! Any time i'm in KC i will try to stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if possible - totally worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank chadmzimmerman

chadmzimmerman- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a top notch experience you had and were able to relax and unwind the in comfort of your beautiful Royal Suite! We are very proud of our new lobby renovations and I am happy you loved the new improvements. The Westin Crown Center takes great pride in being a pet friendly hotel and I hope you were able to enjoy bringing your four-legged companion on your trip with you! We truly value your business and it means a lot to our team to know we were able to help create such an authentic experience for you. We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here over the summer largely because of the hotel's proximity to the train station, which is across the street and because I could return my Hertz rent a car here. The check-in process is confusing because rather than having one desk they have individual pods. It is not clear whether their is one line or a separate line for each pod. The room was OK except for that I was not able to cool the room adequately. It was 90 degrees outside and could barely get any cold air from the AC system. The also lacked power outlets. The only way I was able plus something in was to unplug a lamp or clock radio. Charging $5 to use the fitness center seemed unreasonable and unnecessary.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

diamondHH- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if our team was unable to create a top notch experience for you. It is our goal as a Westin to ensure our guests are as comfortable and accommodated as possible. I understand how frustrating it must have been with the temperature issues in your guest room and I have shared your comments with our team to ensure this is resolved immediately. We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to have you back in the future to create a signature stay.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Westin has been my favorite place to stay for years now. We frequent KC 4 or 5 times a year and The Westin never disappoints. You can find amazing rates and the rooms are absolutely fantastic. The location is hard to beat. You are in the center of it all with an easy walk to the depot or great restaurants. I just can't think of any negative things to say - all positive. I. Love. The. Westin. Crown. Center.

Room Tip: Ask for 615!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

NWA_RHightower- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your experience with us at The Westin Crown Center. It means a lot to our team to hear this is your favorite place to stay in Kansas City and that you are able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your guest room! We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am so happy you are able to indulge in all the area has to offer at your convenience. It is our goal as a Westin to create as relaxing and inviting an experience as possible! We truly value your loyalty and cannot wait to create many more top notch, memorable experiences for you in the future.