“Westin Crown Center visit was awesome!”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was a magical stay for me and I highly recommend the Westin Crown Center in Kansas City. The room was fabulous -- great mattress and linens, and very clean. Having a view of Union Station from my room was especially thrilling for me because I used to take the train to school each year from Santa Fe (Lamy station) to Kansas City arriving at Union Station. I successfully advocated for Kansas City as the site for our 600 member national professional association's annual training conference because of my fondness for Kansas City. The Westin Crown Center was the perfect conference venue because of the location and the exceptionally large variety of dining, shopping and entertainment options on site. The Westin banquet, special events, and bell staff performed above and beyond our expectations for our conference. They were very responsive to our conference planner’s requests. We continue to receive kudos on the event. There is already talk about using the Westin Crown Center for future conferences because of this year’s success.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Eastside have a view of downtown Kansas City. The historic Western Auto sign is a thril...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Shakabaca- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay with us at The Westin Crown Center. It means a lot to our team to hear what a signature experience you had with us and that you were able to indulge in all the great sites and restaurants in Crown Center! Knowing our team was able to go above and beyond to make sure your conference was top notch and ran smoothly means so much. We truly value your business and cannot wait to welcome you back to The Westin to create many more uplifting, memorable stays.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed at the Westin several times and the room is always clean and very comfortable. This time I had received an upgrade to my room and it was awesome, I could not have ask for a better room, it was on the 16th floor and the view was amazing. I travel for business and this is within walking distance to where I need to go which makes it very convenient. The cardinals where playing in the world series so we went down to the bar to see if it was on the tv, they changed the channel to accomidate us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Sandy W- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your guest room after a long day, enjoying th beautiful city view! We are very fortunate to be centrally located in Crown Center and I am pleased you were able to visit the great sites and restaurants in the area at your convenience. We value your business and look forward to creating many more signature stays for you in the future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a great hotel in downtown Kansas City with access to a lot of great entertainment and atmosphere. Power & Light district is just blocks away with food, drinks, movies, live band. Great experience!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces downtown.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

jhay32- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a top notch stay you had with us and were able to take full advantage of all the great sites and restaurants just moments away from The Westin Crown Center. The pictures you have shared with us are fantastic! It is our goal as a Westin to create as relaxing and uplifting an experience as possible and it means a lot to our team to hear you received this experience. Your feedback is very important to us and we look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently attended a large, heavily booked conference at the Westin Crown Center in KCMO. My organization had not secured a room for me and the conference block was filled. Westin reservations could book me, but not at the conference rate (not what I wanted to hear travelling on government per diem). They encouraged me to speak directly with the Westin Crown Center and actually connected me with the front desk there. Staff could not have been more helpful. I arrived from overseas in the middle of the night to find a beautiful hotel and staff who anticipated my arrival. They tended to every detail and then some. My room was ready and more than comfortable with a beautiful view of the "year round" swimming pool. A hot shower under the delightfully large rainhead and coffee bar stocked with Starbucks proved the perfect cure for my jet lag. I also appreciated the in-room ironing board and iron as the wrinkles hadn't had time to fall out of my suit. Bottom line: I arrived at my conference on time, feeling and looking good! Sight seeing was not on my scheduled agenda but there were so many great things to see and do within walking distance I was able to fit it in on my personal time. The American Restaurant rivalled any international fine dining I've experienced. KCMO turned out to be one great little city!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Carol- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at with us at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a signature stay you had with us during your conference and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, going above and beyond to ensure you had everything you needed for the best stay possible. We strive to create as relaxing and refreshing an experience as possible for our guests and I am so happy you were able to unwind in the comfort of your heavenly bed as well as indulge in all the wonderful amenities provided to you as our guest. We value your business and cannot wait to have you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel has to be one of the best places for a conference that I have attended. I checked in on a Sunday day and the staff gave a hint of what my stay would be just by the wonderful check in that I received. I stayed at this hotel for the entire week and throughout the week I never had one bad experience. This is normally rare for a entire week stay that everything falls in place. I really have a high opinion about this hotel and will likely limit my choices to The Westin Hotels for future travel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

John F- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am happy to hear what a great stay you had with us and found this to be such a great place for your conference! It is our goal as a Westin to create as relaxing and accommodating an experience as possible for our guests and it is great that our team was able to create this experience for you from the moment you arrived. Your feedback is very important to us and we look forward to creating many more signature stays for you in the future!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed at the Westin Crown Center for two meetings which lasted a total of 5 days. The amenities included a spacious room, delightful staff, comforable lobby area with a huge waterfall. We took advantage of the Link system to take in Union Station, without having to go outside. Because of the length of the meetings, we were unable to take in the World War I museum located across the street from the Westin; we intend to return in the near future to avail ourselves of that attraction.

Room Tip: Try to obtain one of the rooms facing the World War I Museum, it provides a marvelous vista.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Randy M- Thank you very much for sharing your refreshing feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear what a top notch experience you had during your conference and were able to indulge in all the amenities provided to you as our guest to create a relaxing and uplifting experience. It is our goal as a Westin to ensure our guests experience is as personable and renewing as possible. We truly value your business and look forward to creating many more signature stays for you down the road.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here 10 yrs. ago and it was wonderful. Brought our friends in Sept. 2013 because we had enjoyed it so much before. Asked for a lower floor because our friends don't like heights. They did not tell us we would be looking at a concrete wall storage area. Our friends carpet was filthy. We called to have it cleaned. Our duvet was dirty so we called to have it changed. They came promptly every time. We had no glasses so they brought us two dingy looking glasses. Decided to use the coffee cups instead. Our friends told us there was mascara on their duvet but they didn't say anything. It was our anniversary so our daughter ordered a snack plate. Although it was good, it was not near what she ordered. The bellman never stopped talking and went so fast down the hall that he dumped our snack sack off the cart and left our bag of cookies in the hallway. He blamed it on the new carpet and how busy he was. He was in a real hurry to stand around. Hotel was not busy that day. The nice black bellman that has been there for years was really helpful. We were wishing that he had been the one helping us. The lobby is lovely and the rooms are large and comfortable. It is a perfect location. I really hope they can get things worked out. It has great potential but is not Westin quality

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

BubblesSenior64- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if your stay was less than perfect due to the servicing of your guest rooms as well as the less than satisfactory service you received from our staff. We strive to create as relaxing and refreshing an experience as possible for our guests. This is not at all what staying at The Westin should feel like. I have shared your comments with the appropriate teams to further investigate where our team fell short and ensure these matters do not occur in the future. We truly value your business and I hope you stay does not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels. It would mean a lot to our team to have the opportunity to have you back as our guest to create a top notch experience.