“Great stay and conference” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Crown Center

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Holts Summit, Missouri
“Great stay and conference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Westin Crown Center a few times with an excellente experience every time, but this was the first time we decided to hold our conference in one of the conference rooms. We could not be more pleased with the service we received from concept to completion. We always had what we needed, but were left to do our business. Great staff. great facility.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Todd C- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your conference and that our staff went above and beyond to ensure you had everything you needed for a stressfree, relaxing stay. We truly value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to create many more friendly and accommodating experiences for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We always stay at the Westin downtown when we visit Kansas City and we have never been disappointed. We spent two nights recently and again the rooms were wonderful and the staff was very accommodating. The location is great with plenty to do close to the hotel. Can't wait to plan our next KC trip!

Room Tip: In the past we have traveled with our dog and some of the rooms have patios.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
alwaysvacationtime- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. Your loyalty to The Westin means a lot to our team and it is so great to hear our staff consistently makes you feel welcome, going above and beyond to create a relaxing and uplifting experience. We are truly fortunate to be centrally located in Crown Center with so many great shops and attractions to entertain our guests and I am happy you are always able to find something fun and exciting to do when you are in Kansas City. We truly value your business and look forward to creating many more signature stays for you in the future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I recently visited Kansas City for the first time 9/6/13 - 9/8/13. It's a lovely city and the Westin Crown Center is in an excellent location. My room was spacious and the hotel is quite nice - although the front desk staff didn't know a lot about the property when I checked in. I was told that there was not a breakfast buffet (I saw the next morning that there was) and I was never told about the $25 package handling fee (unique to this hotel). Upon checkout, I brought the package back down to be shipped home (it was a costume for an event) and again the fee was never mentioned. My hotel receipt was emailed to me and when I saw it the next morning I immediately called to find out about the fee. A very polite lady at the front desk explained the charge (finally) and said that since I was not aware of the charge, it would be refunded. I never received any call from the hotel to resolve the matter so I called to follow-up. The front desk manager said they didn't know why anyone would have promised to remove the charge and the lady from accounting said that the bellmen get paid less than minimum wage so if it was refunded I would be taking money from the bellman’s check. I was shocked; one that Starwood would pay such low wages and two that a "professional" employee from the hotel would even mention that. I told her that I tipped the bellman (because I had no idea of the $25 charge) and she said, "well, at least he'll get paid something." As a platinum SPG member I have never been treated like that and it's sad because I really did enjoy my stay. I would still recommend this hotel, but make sure you know any hidden costs beforehand...and make sure to tip the staff because apparently they don't make as much as a waitress.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mae B
Mae B- I appreciate you taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you were able to enjoy your overall stay and relax and unwind in the comfort of your guest room. It is our goal as a Westin to create as comfortable and accommodating a stay for our guests as possible. Unfortunately, the experience you had with us is not at all what staying at Westin should feel like. I sincerely apologize for the frustrations you encountered with the lack of information you received on the charges for package delivery. I have addressed this matter with our team to ensure our staff is receiving the proper training and relaying this information to our guests consistently. I have further investigated this matter and am pleased to hear our team has credited your account back for these charges. Your loyalty to Starwood Hotels is very important to our team and we would love the opportunity to have you back as our guest in the future to create a top notch experience. Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We recently moved from the West Coast to Nebraska and the Kansas City Westin has become our meeting place to connect with family and friends for a long weekend. I know without a doubt each person will leave rested, happy and eager to return again. There is a wide variety of activities for all ages close to the hotel that a car is not a necessity, Shopping for the girls, casinos for the evening and jazz bands close at hand. The staff treat guests like family and are eager to assist in any way possible to make your stay as wonderful and enjoyable as they can. The rooms are truly comfortable, beds are heavenly and the showers are like a rain forest! It is all the special little touches that make this place so inviting. Soon I will be going for the first time with only my husband and 2 dogs and I am so looking forward to it!. If you go to the Westin I promise you will leave a piece of your heart there and also there will always be a next time. .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
RobertOshea123- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear The Westin has become an ideal meeting point to connect with your family and friends for a fun and relaxing weekend! It is our goal as a Westin to make our guests feel as welcome and comfortable as possible and knowing our staff goes above and beyond to create a top notch experience for your family means so much to our team. We are truly fortunate to be centrally locate din the heart of Crown Center and knowing you are able to enjoy all the great attractions in Kansas City is great. We value your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin family in the future! Thank you again for your warm comments.
Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Sorry, but this Westin doesn't measure up to the rest in the chain. The beds were comfortable, bit the room wasn't clean - very dusty and a used coffee cup on the patio when we arrived. The light bulb at the front of the room was out. The computer in the lobby didn't work. Had to spend time on my cell phone trying to correct they computer problem because the hotel uses a "3rd party" and takes no responsibility for the problems even though the problem was not with the server according to this "3rd party" server. What? Arriving back in the room the someone had dinner on our patio - left gifts of plates, leftover food and used wine glasses. TV remote not always working...batteries, etc. Room very COLD the first 2 days. System is 40 plus years and doesn't really get hot until it goes 50 degrees or lower. What? Turned the air/heater off for comfort. Phillip - housing manager was very accommodating and understanding. It just seems staff needs training - they are very quick to explain why there is a problem instead of fixing the problems. Food was great. Lobby area outstanding.

Room Tip: Top floors for best view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carol M
Carol M- I appreciate you taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your Heavenly bed as well as were pleased with our new lobby renovations! I sincerely apologize if your stay was less than perfect due to the frustrations you encountered with the complimentary computers in our lobby as well as the maintenance of your guest room. It is our goal as a Westin to create as relaxing and convenient an experience as possible. This is not at all what staying at a Westin should feel like. I am happy to hear our staff was friendly and understanding, doing whatever they needed to make sure you were as comfortable as possible. I have addressed these matters with the appropriate teams to further investigate where our team fell short and ensure this does not occur on any future stays. We truly value your business and would love the opportunity to have you back as our guest to create a top notch experience.
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Westin is located just outside of downtown KC. It provides really great panoramic views of downtown KC, including a spectacular view of Union Station and the Liberty Memorial. The staff is wonderful. This is an excellent place to stay if you visit KC during the holidays. Crown Center's outdoor ice rink is just across the street. When I go to KC, I only stay at the Westin.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Liberty Memorial.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Shannon K- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had and were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your guest room, enjoying the beautiful view of Union Station and Liberty Memorial. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and are getting very excited for the upcoming holidays where the area is truly spectacular! We value your feedback and look forward to creating another signature stay for you! Thank you again for your refreshing comments.
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Beautiful hotel. The pictures do not do the lobby justice. The staff is very welcoming. It was also very convenient having the shuttle service to take you to Power and Light. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated, and most importantly, clean! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Annie M- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. It means a lot to our team to hear what a great experience we were able to help create for you and that you loved our new lobby renovations! It is our goal to create as relaxing and convenient a stay as possible for our guests and I am delighted to hear you were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your guest room as well as take full advantage of the complimentary shuttle to transport you to any of the sites and restaurants in the area! We truly value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the near future! With the holidays approaching, come back and see us! Crown Center is such a beautiful place during the holidays!