“Great value,great place in a great town.”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had the recent pleasure of visiting the Kansas City area for some NCAA Tournament basketball. My wife and I stayed at the Westin at Crown Center. Man did we come out a winner. While it's not a new hotel, it's well appointed with a great set of restaurants, an exercise room, and a heated pool. It was a kick to see families enjoying themselves in the pool amidst a boot topping snowfall. The convienent hotel shuttle provided a carefree ride to Sprint Center to watch some great basketball minus the hassle of driving in the snow and then paying 15+ dollars for parking. The Westin was close to almost everything on our weekend agenda. Three blocks away was the World War I Museum where I did some research on my Grandfathers' enlistment as an Iowa farmboy in 1917. A fantastic steak dinner at Plaza III in Country Club Plaza was a six minute ride away. An unexpected treat were the cinnamon rolls at Big Mommas there at Crown Center saved later for a great midnight snack. Each of the three full days of activities ended with our melting into our pillowtop matresses while watching the huge flatscreen TV---standard fare accou'trements indicative of a 'high-class joint'. A great value, at a great place, in a great town. johnirving409

Room Tip: Put yourself in the capable hands of their friendly and very professional Desk staff.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

john s- Thank you very much for taking your time to share you feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am thrilled to read about the great experience you had with us during the NCAA tournament and were pleased with our new lobby renovations! It is great to hear you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service we offer to Sprint Center as well as enjoy all of the local attractions walking distance or just a short cab ride away! Your business means so much to our team and we are very excited to get the chance to create such a memorable stay for you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,287)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Westin Crown Center was the perfect location for our trip to the NCAA Tournament. A shuttle provided transportation to and from Spring Center every 15 - 20 minutes--with bad weather this was very important to us. The room was great, as expected, and we arrived early and got to check right in. We also got a late check-out to co-ordinate with our schedule of attending games.
The staff was friendly, knowledgable, very helpful, and most accomodating. Be sure to try the $5.00 breaksfast sandwich at the bar down by the newly remodeled lobby. It was delicious and the price was a real bonus!! I also ordered a latte to go with the sandwich--perfect combo.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

klh-RCJH- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us over the NCAA tournament and that the location worked out perfectly for you! I am so happy that our staff was so friendly and accommodating, helping to arrange early and late check outs so you could enjoy the games! Your feedback means so much to our team and we look forward to serving you as our guest in the future to create another warm and welcoming stay!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Crown Center while in Kansas City for business. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and attractive (with good coffee in the room, always a plus!). The staff are friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant is excellent. You're within easy walking distance of Union Station as well as restaurants in the Crossroads area. The gym has a small fee, but has lots of equipment so you don't have to wait to work out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

735ElizabethV- Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your the comfort and relaxation of your room during your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy that the location came as such a convenience to you to visit all the great areas within walking distance. We value your loyalty to The Westin and look forward to having back as our guest in the future and hearing what you think of the new lobby renovations.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

A friend and I recently stayed at the Westin Crown Center while passing through Kansas City on a road trip. While we originally planned to stay only one night, we got stuck in Kansas City due to bad weather and booked our room for a second night. The entire staff was pleasant and very accommodating. When I went to add the second night to our reservation, I was greeted by name at the front desk. Little touches like those always make a stay more pleasant!

I was also traveling with a new puppy and didn't know all Westin hotels were pet-friendly until I booked the room. I was most impressed by the fact that the hotel had no indication of past pets -- everything was fresh and clean, without pet odors you may expect.

The location of the hotel was also great. The roads were very icy from the time we arrived until the morning we left, but we had no problem walking everywhere we wanted to go. Plenty of great restaurants and shopping are just a short walk away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SarahS344
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

SarahS344- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you and your friend had everything you needed for a warm safe stay due to the snow storm. We take great pride in being a pet friendly hotel and I am so happy you were able to take advantage of this great amenity we offer. We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future and creating another signature stay! Let us know what you think of the new renovations next time you return.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Friendly staff and a great location near the Liberty Memorial (World War I Museum) and Union Station. I had a room with a view of the memorial. Will certainly stay here again on my next visit to KC. The hotel is also near a number of shops, restaurants, LegoLand, etc. Also an easy cab ride to museums and to the Power and Light district.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the memorial.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

neiberg102- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. Your feedback is very important to us and can only help us provide a more renewing experience for all guests. I am pleased to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating and that you were able to relax and unwind with a beautiful view of Liberty Memorial from your room. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounded by so many of Kansas City's most popular attractions and it is great you were able to take advantage of all of the shops, restaurants and attractions in the area! Your business means a lot to our team and we look forward to having you back as our guest in the future to create another memorable stay!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed in Crown Center Westin for the the NCAA basketball regional 2d adn 3d round games. Was a perfect location, particularly with the 12" snowfall, and the service was terrific! Great bar and restaurant, too. Room was nice with very comfortable bed and relaxing waterfall shower.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

UNCJHawk- Thank you so much for taking your time to share your recent experience at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am so happy to hear you had a great time at our hotel during the NCAA Basketball tournament, and the prime locating in the heart of Crown Center was convenient it making your stay a success. We are very excited about the new waterfall showers in our guest rooms and I am glad you were able to enjoy this amenity as well as unwind in our Westin Heavenly Beds! We look forward to having you back in the future and creating another top notch, memorable stay!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I travel to a lot of different hotels for work and this is one of the better Westins that I have been to. I had to come here two weeks in a row for work and although I do not have any "status" yet... they presented me a voucher for free breakfast during my 2nd visit. The rooms were great and I would stay here again if I had to come back for work.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

BenW792- Thank you so much for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It means so much to our team to hear we are one of your preferred Westin's to visit! We take great pride in creating a relaxing, and welcoming stay for our guests and I am happy our staff was able to help create this experience for you. We value your loyalty and look forward to creating many more top notch stays for you in the future. Let us know what you think of the new lobby renovations on your next visit!