“Great place to stay for business travelers”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Crown Center while in Kansas City for business. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and attractive (with good coffee in the room, always a plus!). The staff are friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant is excellent. You're within easy walking distance of Union Station as well as restaurants in the Crossroads area. The gym has a small fee, but has lots of equipment so you don't have to wait to work out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

735ElizabethV- Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your the comfort and relaxation of your room during your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy that the location came as such a convenience to you to visit all the great areas within walking distance. We value your loyalty to The Westin and look forward to having back as our guest in the future and hearing what you think of the new lobby renovations.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,291)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

A friend and I recently stayed at the Westin Crown Center while passing through Kansas City on a road trip. While we originally planned to stay only one night, we got stuck in Kansas City due to bad weather and booked our room for a second night. The entire staff was pleasant and very accommodating. When I went to add the second night to our reservation, I was greeted by name at the front desk. Little touches like those always make a stay more pleasant!

I was also traveling with a new puppy and didn't know all Westin hotels were pet-friendly until I booked the room. I was most impressed by the fact that the hotel had no indication of past pets -- everything was fresh and clean, without pet odors you may expect.

The location of the hotel was also great. The roads were very icy from the time we arrived until the morning we left, but we had no problem walking everywhere we wanted to go. Plenty of great restaurants and shopping are just a short walk away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SarahS344
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

SarahS344- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you and your friend had everything you needed for a warm safe stay due to the snow storm. We take great pride in being a pet friendly hotel and I am so happy you were able to take advantage of this great amenity we offer. We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future and creating another signature stay! Let us know what you think of the new renovations next time you return.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Friendly staff and a great location near the Liberty Memorial (World War I Museum) and Union Station. I had a room with a view of the memorial. Will certainly stay here again on my next visit to KC. The hotel is also near a number of shops, restaurants, LegoLand, etc. Also an easy cab ride to museums and to the Power and Light district.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the memorial.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

neiberg102- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. Your feedback is very important to us and can only help us provide a more renewing experience for all guests. I am pleased to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating and that you were able to relax and unwind with a beautiful view of Liberty Memorial from your room. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounded by so many of Kansas City's most popular attractions and it is great you were able to take advantage of all of the shops, restaurants and attractions in the area! Your business means a lot to our team and we look forward to having you back as our guest in the future to create another memorable stay!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed in Crown Center Westin for the the NCAA basketball regional 2d adn 3d round games. Was a perfect location, particularly with the 12" snowfall, and the service was terrific! Great bar and restaurant, too. Room was nice with very comfortable bed and relaxing waterfall shower.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

UNCJHawk- Thank you so much for taking your time to share your recent experience at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am so happy to hear you had a great time at our hotel during the NCAA Basketball tournament, and the prime locating in the heart of Crown Center was convenient it making your stay a success. We are very excited about the new waterfall showers in our guest rooms and I am glad you were able to enjoy this amenity as well as unwind in our Westin Heavenly Beds! We look forward to having you back in the future and creating another top notch, memorable stay!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I travel to a lot of different hotels for work and this is one of the better Westins that I have been to. I had to come here two weeks in a row for work and although I do not have any "status" yet... they presented me a voucher for free breakfast during my 2nd visit. The rooms were great and I would stay here again if I had to come back for work.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

BenW792- Thank you so much for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It means so much to our team to hear we are one of your preferred Westin's to visit! We take great pride in creating a relaxing, and welcoming stay for our guests and I am happy our staff was able to help create this experience for you. We value your loyalty and look forward to creating many more top notch stays for you in the future. Let us know what you think of the new lobby renovations on your next visit!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Crown Center as part of a conference group and during March Madness. Needless to say, I was expecting crazy nights of loud guests and a long wait for room-service; however, I was surprised that neither occurred. Instead, my room was quiet and comfortable. I ordered room service for one meal and it arrived within 20 minutes.

I love that the Westin Hotels emphasize relaxation and health. Items on the room-service menu were identified by their beneficial ingredients, which helped me to make a smart decision about what to eat. Westins will also rent exercise equipment to guests, so that they don't have to pack extra clothes, but they can still work out. Two bottles of water in the room that were included in the room rate rounded out the healthful emphasis.

The hotel is conveniently located to the Power and Light district in KC, so it's fairly easy to get to restaurants and entertainment. It's not far from the Plaza shopping area either. And, it's right across the street from the fabulous Liberty Memorial and World War I Museum.

My room was enormous, too! I really enjoyed having all the space, with a desk, a chair, a side-table, two beds, and an excellent view.

My only comment, for those who are hotel purists, is that the rooms show some signs of wear. The hotel isn't new, so the door frames, the doors, and the baseboards show have scrapes and cracks in them. I think that those who are not willing to suffer some faults will be dismayed, but I think it's just fine and would say this is a good choice of places to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

HarperMKE- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay during the exciting time of March Madness and that you were able to relax in comfort and quiet in your room, enjoying all of the items we offer to have a refreshing and healthy stay. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounded by so many of Kansas City's favored attractions and I am happy you were able to take advantage of all of the shops, restuarants and night life so close to our hotel. We truly value your business and appreciate your comments! I have shared your comments regarding the wear and tear in your room with our housekeeping team so we can fix this for future stays. The Westin team looks forward to serving you as our guest in the future and creating another signature stay.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our girls loved the roominess of the Club room, and the great view of Union Station! Because of our room selection, we enjoyed the free H'oeurdiurves in the evening and breakfast in the morning. We had an awesome stay, especially because of the attached walkway (the Link) that let us walk indoors to Union Station and Sea Life/Legoland, and we had easy access to Crown Center shops. We will definitely recommend The Westin at Crown Center and look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: March 2013
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Khons- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that your family loved the beautiful city view of Union Station from your room! I am happy you were able to take advantage of our club lounge and enjoy the appetizers provided for you, as well as you our link covered walkway to your convenience to visit all of the great attractions in our Crown Center area! It means a lot to The Westin team that we were able to play a part in creating a great getaway for your family! We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future and hearing what you think of the new lobby renovations.