“Excellent Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
New York City, New York
“Excellent Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for a business event that took place in the hotel. Renovations seem to be finishing up all over in the public areas of the main floors of the hotel. Despite some minor inconvenience due to that, or maybe because of it, the service at the hotel was exceptional. Every staff member my group dealt with in any capacity were friendly, competent, and prompt. We booked catering and car service through the hotel, used A/V, room service (delicious), and asked for many other services, and the staff went above and beyond in every single instance without exception. My room was comfortable and clean with a wonderful bed which I know Westin is known for, and had great little touches for business travelers like plenty of outlets and space to work. I especially loved the rain style shower head. Because we were with an event they offered us a fantastic rate and we even had free wi-fi - for which my group was very grateful. It was an excellent experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: The "city view" rooms overlook the park with a very pretty view.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
jesmsu- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It means so much to hear our staff provided exceptional service, going above and beyond during your business event, helping to create a successful, stressfree event! Your business is very important to the Westin team and we believe in creating a nothing less than perfect stay for our guests. Thank you very much for your patience with our lobby renovations. We are very excited about these new changes happening at the Westin and cannot wait to hear what you think of the finished product that will be complete in March! We value your business and look forward to having you back in the future to create another top notch stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Always stay at this Westin for business and am continued to be amazed at how everything always goes better than expected. Even during a crazy weather event, the staff was smiling and more than eager to help people with whatever was needed. I will continue to stay here for this reason alone but cannot wait to see the renovations when complete.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the corner suites
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul C- Thank you for sharing your warm feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating during the crazy snow storm, making sure you were taken care of with no problems. It means so much to our team that we are always able to create a signature stay for you and that everything always goes better than expected! We value your loyalty tot he Westin Crown Center and look forward to creating many more top notch stays in the future. We look forward to hearing what you think of the new lobby that will be complete in March!
Saint Charles, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Westin Crown Center hotel. We stayed just one night, but we had a good time. Most impressive to us was being on the 16th floor and looking at the wonder view of the skate rink and fountain....at night everything is lit up beautiful. Also the hotel is connected to a mall, dept store and countless things to do with the family, especially with kids. You barely have to go outside to get from there to here and back...since most places that connect you to the next point of interest is covered and/or enclosed walkways. That we most enjoyed since it was 20 degrees outside! We recommend this location because of the proximity of things to do.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SueBallew
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
SueBallew- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy the great view of downtown Kansas City from your room! We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you were able to visit the shops and restaurants connected to our hotel at your convenience. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future. If you have not done so already, check out the great packages for Sea Life and Lego Land we offer on our website. Thank you again for your warm comments.
Mason City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed here several times because of its location and the staff. All of the staff from front desk to housekeepers, bartenders to security and valet attendants are polite, courteous and knowledgeble. My room was clean and comfortable with a great view. The bed was super and I had no problem with noise even though the hotel was filled with athletes for some sporting event. The bathroom was clean, but I did not like the "waterfall" shower head. It is a short walk to great restaurants and attractions and only about a 10-minute bus or taxi ride to the Plaza where parking can be difficult. The downsides? $16 for parking each day and a charge for internet use. I am looking forward to the remodel completion and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators and the higher floor, the better.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Paula L- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear our staff consistenly provides signature service to you each and every stay! We take great pride in our Westin Heavenly bed and I am pleased you were able to relax and unwind in our bed. The Westin family is very excited about our new lobby renovations that will be complete in March. I look forward to hearing what you think of the finished product when you return! We value your loyalty and are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay each and every time. Thank you again for your comments.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from Feb 14-17 while attending a conference at the Crown Center. The location was fantastic for my needs. Just as others have described, there’s no need to walk outside since you are connected to the conference center, shopping restaurants, etc. The hotel is currently going through renovations, so I had to give the hotel 3.5 stars. The current front desk / check in area was very small and narrow, and there was very little room for people to line up. The front desk associates also could’ve been a little friendlier, but maybe they are stressed since they were extremely busy and completely booked for the weekend. The elevators system is are a horrendous mess. Not once did I get in the elevator and not hear anyone complain about it. The waits were very long and the system illogical. During my stay, my hair dryer did not work properly, so I tried calling the operator and guest services twice. Not once did they answer my call. I decided to walk to the front desk, hair completely soaked, but ran into housekeeping down the hallway and they helped me out by giving me a new hair dryer. A few pros of this hotel – the housekeeping does a great job and keeps the rooms very clean, the décor of the room is nice, soothing and comfortable. The showerhead is cool! However, the water pressure is not very good in the shower or the sink. Also, the warm water in the sink takes a long time to warm up, so be prepared to wait. The gym here is GREAT! There is a heated outdoor pool, tanning and separate and very nice weight and cardio rooms. The concierge was also very helpful. The doorman was also very helpful and friendly. I wouldn’t stay away from this hotel because overall it was a lovely stay. However, be aware that the current renovations might cause some small annoyances. I think post-renovation, this place will be a 4.5 – 5 star stay.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
dyanna26- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating during your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our wonderful health club! We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrouding so many of Kansas City's most desired attractions and I am happy you were able to use our heated covered walkway to visit all of the local shops and restaurants without having to go out in the Kansas City cold! I appreciate your patience with our lobby renovations and do apologize for any of the inconvenience it may have caused you during your stay. We are very excited for the new lobby that will be complete in March and look forward to hearing what you think of the new improvements. We value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future!
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Location is good, but that's about it. The rooms basically look like any lower end super 8 or similar. The beds were great, and the shower head was cool, but for the price this hotel is just lack luster. Noise was an issue as you could hear everything outside and in the hallway...wasn't able to fall asleep until I put earplugs in. If this was a cheaper hotel there wouldn't be an issue, but its just not worth the $$$

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
rocknreconstruct- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you were able to relax and unwind on our Westin Heavenly beds and found the location in the heart of Crown Center convenient. We are very fortunate to be located so close to many of Kansas City's most desirable attractions. I sincerely apologize we were unable to meet your expectations while you were here. I understand the frustrations you encountered with the noise and I have shared your comments with the appropriate teams so we can work to avoid these issues in the future. We value your business and would love the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future. It would be great to hear what you think of the new lobby renovations that will be complete in March.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is typically the hotel you receive on Hotwire when you look in the downtown area. The mall and restaurants are nice , but the hotel rooms are not anywhere near the price you pay. Dirty looking curtains that when opened overlook a tiny balcony. The bathroom has a nice shower head and a very cheap looking toilet. I would have given a better rating had it not been so noisy, kids yelling and screaming tends to be the norm here, if you have kids I suppose you might not be bothered as much, definitely not a romantic getaway. Bit of advice for the Westin, buy new curtains and spend less on your downstairs remodel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
p_monks33- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding you recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you were able to take advantage of the shops and restaurants located in Crown Center, connected to our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I understand the frustrations with the noise as well as dirtiness in your room. Your feedback is very important to us. I have shared your comments to our Housekeeping Management so we can further investigate your room and fix the necessary changes. This is not what staying at a Westin should feel like. It would mean a lot fo the Westin family to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.