“Westin Staff Delivers Outstanding Service During AG CONNECT Expo”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I wanted to thank the Westin staff for a wonderful stay. I received outstanding service from, Sean Duke, Director of Rooms, and other Front Desk staff: Lori Jaegers, Ian Micheals, and Steve Clodfilter. I happened to be walking down the stairs when I saw Mr. Duke and he asked me if I was enjoying my staff. I told him it was perfect, except for one little detail, and he asked what it was. I told him and he said what was your room number, and we'll take care of you Mr. Wells. And he did. Now that's 5-star service.

For families the location of the Westin is ideal. It's right next to the Aquarium and Legoland, and several toy stores in the Crown Center shopping center. And a ice cream shop, perfect for the kids. There's a nice wine shop too just up the stairs from the lobby with a very high quality selection of wine and beer.

I also loved the shower with the 5-star shower head, and bed, as always.

I would highly recommend families traveling to Kansas City to stay at the Westin Crown Center because of the 5-star service and excellent location for many family activities. Be sure to ask for Sean Duke, he is just outstanding.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 13th floor. I also had a very nice view of the square with the fountain that played...
1  Thank Rainmaker88
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Rainmaker88- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff went above and beyond, providing 5-star service! The Westin takes great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am delighted to hear the location was ideal for you and that you were able to take advantage of the new Sea Life Aquarium and Lego Land! We truly value your business and appreciate your loyalty to the Westin. I am so pleased our staff was able to make such a positive impression on your stay! We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future, creating another memorable stay and hearing what you think of the new lobby renovations.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,271)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

There wasn't anything bad I would say about my stay here- everyone working there was nice and the room was good. There are a lot of restaurants in the building, but during the weekdays they were all closed after 6:00 or so. There are also a lot of stores there. The room service food was pretty good- dinner was better than the breakfast though.

I believe the hotel was full while I was there, but the rooms were quiet- I never heard the TV's or anything else in the rooms next door. The rooms were pretty spacious also.

There were a few odd things- the closed captioning on the TV comes on by default each time so I had to always go to the settings to turn it off. And the channels change very slowly from when you push the buttons on the remote control, so it takes forever to go through them. Those are minor things though, and overall I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

tc3399- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and that you were able to take advantage of the shops and restaurants located in Crown Center! The Westin takes great pride in creating a relaxing and refreshing stay for our guests and I am pleased our staff was friendly and accommodating and that you enjoyed your meals in room service. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back to the Westin when our lobby renovations are complete. Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised to find that in my hotel was 10+ restaurants and plenty of shopping literally just past the lobby is a small shopping mall. The personnel will bend over backwards for travelers, they were amazingly accommodating and I will most definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

MrsErinAshley- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take full advantage of the shops and restaurants connected to the Westin in Crown Center. Thank you for sharing your pictures of your stay! We take great pride of being located in the heart of Crown Center, with amazing views of Liberty Memorial, Union Station and downtown Kansas City. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

New Year's weekend stay Dec '12 was a package with Union Station New Year's celebration, but with the extensive remodeling of the lobby checkin/checkout process a bit challenging and congested. Package was overpriced. Rooms definitely need updating as they are circa 1990's with bathrooms needing major upgrades. Location still great to downtown and Plaza venues & dining options. Upper story rooms great views. Staff as attentive as always and will be outstanding facilty once remodel finished.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

KStravelerUSA- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. I understand the frustrations with the lobby undergoing renovations, causing it to be inconvenient at check in and check out. I am very pleased to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating and that you were able to take advantage of the great location to visit the Plaza and other great Kansas City attractions so close by. We genuinely value your business and would love to hear what you think of the new lobby that will be complete in March. Thank you again for sharing your comments, this helps us to better improve for your next stay.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

First, let me say that the staff at this hotel is clearly a 5-star group - attentive and helpful in every way. But . . . I had what could have been a great room on a coner of the hotel with glass on two sides - one overlooking the beautiful ice-rink in Crown Center. The problem was the the windows were so cruddy one could barely see out. In addition, one of the (two) balcony doors wouldn't close entirely; so I had a constant "breeze" (fortunately it was unseasonably warm in KC that night). The ceiling in the bathroom was discolored (at first I thought it was mold but I found it to be just rust). I suppose those could be seen as "nit-picky" observations because the room was otherwise nice and very clean. But at $249 in a hotel with the great reviews I saw here, I just expected more.

The venue itself is great. It's centrally located in the city; and Crown Center (attached to the hotel) has entertainment and dining of every kind. Three live theatre performances and four movies were available the night I was there. Crown Center is a wonderful place to stay if you're traveling to KC. This hotel just needs a bit of TLC (and there were construction barriers in the lobby; so maybe that's underway).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

James W T- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and that your found out staff to be a 5-star group! Your feedback is very important to us and I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with the dirty windows as well as your bathroom. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping teams so we can work to avoid these types of problems in the future. The Westin takes great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am so delighted you were able to take advantage of the theater and restaurants! We are very excited about the Westin lobby renovations that will be complete in March and I would love to hear what you think of the new improvements on your next stay. We value your business and look forward to providing signature service for you in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I always love the look of downtown KC and when I stay there I always chose the Westin Crown Center. Especially around Christmas time the hotel and area is PERFECT and you must experience for yourself!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

adotmckensie- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and always enjoy the wonderful scenery of downtown Kansas City, especially during Christmas time. It really is a beautiful time of year in Crown Center with the Mayor's Christmas tree and the Ice Terrace. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future. Next time you visit over Christmas, be sure to check out our Shop and See the Lights package we offer!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed just one night at the Westin Crown Center but it was a lovely experience. When we checked in they asked us what floor we would like and my husband suggested high up so we could enjoy the view. We looked out on beautiful Union Station with it's great light display and the rest of the city. We also got some great advice on a microbrewery. Our room was very clean and our king size bed was great. We find with older hotels there are less noise issues and the Westin seems new, but has the advantage of being very quiet. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

ADFUN17- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your lovely view of Union Station from your room. The Westin takes great pride in our Westin Heavenly beds and I am pleased you were able to relax and unwind in comfort. We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Westin and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future, creating another signature stay. Let us know what you think of the new lobby renovations that will be complete in March.