“A great location for business and/or pleasure trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Crown Center

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Wichita, Kansas
“A great location for business and/or pleasure trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been staying at this Westin for about 1 1/2 years now while working in KC. I find it is a very nice hotel, with an excellent restaurant and conveniently located. I particular love it at Christmas with all of the Crown Center and Plaza activity. They have always accommated my needs whenever something minor occured. They are recently updating some of the rooms which is nice - everything needs to be updated every now and then. My last trip they had updated the shower heads to the "rain" type - very spa like and wonderful!! I highly recommend the hotel - give it a try!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the KC area. Christmas time is beautiful!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Michele C- Thank you very much for taking your time to share you positive feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. We appreciate your loyalty and I am so pleased our staff is always accomodating and helps you with whatever you need. The Westin takes great pride in all of our "Heavenly" amenities in the room. It is great to hear you enjoy our new heavenly shower heads! Crown Center has opened the Ice Terrace and the Christmas tree is now up! It is such a beautiful area this time of year and we are very fortunate to be located in the hear of it all. The Westin lobby will begin a renovation in December. We look forward to having you back and hearing what you think of the new improvements!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here for a business meeting at Union Station the following day. The staff at this hotel is very accomodating, which is great! The rooms are nice; very clean but dusty (like they aren't used that much). I ordered room service when I arrived and they accomodated my special order very nicely, which I really appreciated. If you need a hotel in this area, this is a good choice. I wouldn't, however, want to stay in this area unless I had a meeting or event near by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TexasTwin- Thank you very much for taking your time to share you feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am pleased to hear our staff was accomodating and took great care of you. The Westin takes great pride in our customer service and knowing they took great care of you is great. I am glad you enjoyed your room and hope you were able to take advantage of our shops and restaurants in Crown Center. We will be renovating our lobby at the end of the year and would love to hear what you think of the new improvements! Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
St. Louis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Westin for a work seminar. I had to change rooms after unpacking because the patio door was impossible to open. We moved everything and the next morning went to the seminar. When I returned, I couldn't open the door to the new room. I went downstairs and they sent someone up after about 15 minutes or so. He fixed the lock and made new keys - one worked and one didn't. He said he was going downstairs to get keys. That was the last time I saw him. I went back down and was told that I couldn't have a key because the repairman was coming back to get them. I asked them exactly how long I was supposed to wait to get into my own room and they finally gave me a key. I could have waiting in the bar but at $8.75 for a drink I couldn't stay there long either. Obviously I wasn't very happy with the stay. P.S. Not even an "I'm sorry" from the front desk - just a fight to get my key!

Room Tip: Although they don't tell you this, if you have to stay there, ask for the 6th floor if you want...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
MargieSt_Louis- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments and concerns during your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize for the issues you enountered with your room during your stay. The Westin strongly believes in creating a relaxing and renewing experience for our guests and it is unfortunate you did not get this experience. I understand your frustrations and have shared your comments with the appropriate teams so we can avoid this in the future. This is not what staying at a Westin should feel like. We would love the opportunity to serve you as our guest again in the future and hope your stay does not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels. Please contact our Front Office Manager, Wes Wilt at (816) 474-4400 if you would like to speak further about your stay. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you in the future and create a more relaxing and memorable stay.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the Crown Center for a work conference. The first room I stayed in had no heat and when I raised it to the management, they immediately moved me to a better room. They were very helpful as a staff and they were all NICE. I'm from Texas and I hate it when people aren't hospitable. I was more than pleased with my stay and I would stay there again for pleasure when I return to KC. It's a quick walk or cab ride away from the Power & Light District and other bars and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Christopher C- Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I apologize for the issues you encountered with your room. It is so great to hear our staff was quick and efficient in moving you to another room. We strive to create a refreshing and positive experience for our guests and I am happy to hear they were able to do this for you. The Westin is very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center. I'm glad you found the location convenient and were able to take advantage of checking out our city. We look forward to having you back in the future. We will be renovating our lobby at the end of the year and can't wait to hear what you think of the new improvements.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

What a find in the heart of KC. Great service, great food, and great location. I will definitely come back. The staff didn't know what else to do to make our stay a great one. The hotel is even within walking distance to Union Station, a refurbished masterpiece.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Cuban_cita
Cuban_cita- Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am so pleased to hear your stay was "Superb!" We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center. It is great to hear you found our location convenient as well as enjoyed the food and service. The Westin staff strives to provide signature service to our guests and helps to create a relaxing and memorable stay. I am glad to hear you will definitely return back to our property! We will be renovating our lobby at the end of the year. It would be great to have you back and hear what you think of our new improvements! Check out our packages for SeaLife and LegoLand for your next stay!
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

On a bit of a whim decided to stay in KC over labor day weekend and picked this hotel without a lot of research or knowledge what was going on. Overall it was a good hotel and if I had to stay in the Crown Center area, I would do it again. However, I am going to stay in the Country Club area next time as there are more walkable attractions and the Crown Center shops seem a bit geared towards the kiddie attractions. The other big consideration is find out what may be going on; I didn't ask, and it turns out there was a big "Irish Festival" held in the area out front. Kept me from scoring a true upgrade (not critical as we did get a good corner room) but it was a bit intimidating and frustrating running the gauntlet to get to the hotel.

Overall, the facility itself was very nice. The room was well furnished and service was attentive. Not used to always getting an exec lounge at a Westin, so it was nice to have and the service was cordial. Desk and concierge very helpful and friendly. Some interesting restaurants and clubs in the Power and Light district which seems walkable, but it was sketchy enough that didn't feel comfortable walking after dark. If driving, they do have a garage which seemed to be a lot of walking to get to/fro the car, but wasn't too bad.

$ with points was a really good deal.

Overall, satisfied and would stay there if I needed to, but a second choice to staying in the country club area

Room Tip: Higher floors better. Views seem to be good wherever, but city view is best with north facing room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WickedMadTraveler
WickedMadTraveler- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed our hotel and that your room was well furnished. The Westin strives to provide signature service and anticipates our guests needs and I am glad they were able to take good care of you during your stay. I apologize for any issues you encountered during the Irish Festival. It is a very busy and action filled weekend in Crown Center. We will be renovating our lobby at the end of the year. We would love to have you back to the Westin so we can hear what you think of our new improvements. Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Portales, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed for three nights to attend a conference being held in the Westin and the Sheraton (events at both venues). The room was comfortable and clean and had everything I needed for a business stay. I also really appreciate their green initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of the hotel where guests can chosse whether or not to get fresh linen, etc. or not each day and earn coupons or loyalty points.
The covered walk way between the two hotels was pleasant as the mornings and evenings were chilly and would also be convenient in the event of rain. The shopping options were also great as one had the opportunity to pick up a gift or two for family back home, or to fill in odds and ends that did not make it into the suitcase. I would definitely use this venue again for either business or family vacation.

Room Tip: The views from the higher floors can be spectacular, especially at night.
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KenwynC- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you found your room comfortable and clean, and enjoyed the amenities offered to you. The Westin takes great pride in our Heavenly Bed and we hope you were able to relax and unwind. I am so pleased you appreciated our make a green choice promotion. This is a great way to earn StarPoints and be environmentally friendly. The Westin is very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our shops and restaurants in Crown Center as well as use our "Link" covered walkway to your convenience. I truely value you business and look forward to having you back in the future. We will be renovating our lobby at the end of the year and can't wait to hear what you think of the new improvements.