“Simply Outstanding service.”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Westin staff and service was at its best during our stay for the Ribs, Blues and Jazz festival. Even though it was raining during our check in the Westin staff professionalism and service was right on point. This was our second stay and we were immediately upgraded to a corner room free of cbarge. The staff was so very friendly. The valet parking staff actually run to ensure your checkout is an expedient process.. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Gregory J- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. The Westin takes great pride in our staff, and strives to provide quick and efficient service for our guests. It is so great to hear they took great care of you and upgraded you to one of our suites. We value your business and look forward to having you back in the future. Check out our great SeaLife and LegoLand packages for your next stay!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,275)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here a few times in the last year. Liked the open feeling that you can walk into a small shopping mall or through a covered walkway to other restaurants and venues. Huge windows for a nice city or fountain view. Not too hard to find from the highway. Like the variety of pillow shapes and sizes - for great sleep.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

colliflor- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. The Westin takes great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center. I am so pleased you enjoyed the convenience of the Crown Center shops as well as our covered "Link" walkway. It is great to hear you enjoyed your view as well as the pillows provided in your room. You are able to purchase any of our Westin Heavenly products online at http://www.westin-hotelsathome.com/index.aspx . Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We value you business and look forward to having you back in the future. Check out our great SeaLife and LegoLand packages for your next stay.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was at the hotel for a Conference. I must say the staff was very efficient and extremely friendly. I couldn’t believe all the cardio equipment in the fitness center. My room was clean and I have never stayed in a hotel with a bed quite as nice as the one I have at home until I was at the Westin Crown Center. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

PMack68- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. We take great pride in our customer service. The Westin staff strives to create moments of renewal for our guests, leaving them happier than when they arrived. I am so pleased to hear they were friendly and efficient during your stay. The Westin Heavenly Bed is one of the favored amenities by guests. Hearing it was as comfortable as your bed at home is so great to hear. You can purchase any of our Westin Heavenly Home Collection online. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our Fitness Center and were pleased with all of the cardio equipment. Thank you again for sharing your experience you had at the Westin Kansas City. We truely value your business and look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

For the sake of Westin's brand, this hotel really shouldn't be included. While the actual staff was polite and helpful and there were no major problems with the stay, the Westin feels like it was just recently converted from another (older) hotel brand. I will stay elsewhere during my next trip to Kansas City. A few of the points about the hotel worth mentioning:

1) Fitness Facility
The hotel does feature a larger fitness facility as well as a year-round outdoor pool. However, the day I stayed at the Westin the pool was closed for construction (this was never mentioned when I booked or checked-in to the hotel). Also, for the privilege of using the treadmills, you'll be charged an extra $5 (which doesn't really fit with Westin's easy workout mantra).

2) Internet Access
Internet access is $9.95 for basic access per device, but if you want faster internet and access to any video sites (YouTube, Hulu,etc.), the hotel charges you $19.95 per device. Again, I've never seen that at a Westin, where full wireless usually ranges from $9.95-14.95 and includes multiple devices.

3) Room Service
I ordered a sandwich hoping for faster service. The hotel said it would be delivered in 30 minutes or less. When 40 minutes rolled around, I had to call to remind them of my order and delivery was closer to an hour.

4) Rooms
While the hotel has certainly gotten new carpets and a quick coat of paint, the older rusted door knobs and fixtures of the prior hotel remain. While I couldn't hear other rooms, all the noises in the hallway are loud and clear.

Again, no major problems and the hotel staff was very polite. But I'll be staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

MTraveler2012- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments and concerns during your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. We take great pride in the Westin customer service, as we strive to provide signature service to our guests, and I am pleased to hear they were polite and helpful. I sincerely apologize we did not meet your expectations while you were here. I have shared your comments with the appropriate teams so they are better aware of these issues and can avoid these in the future. Being an older hotel, I am very excited to say we will be renovating our lobby at the end of the year. The Westin Kansas City would love to have you back once the renovations are complete to hear what you think about our new improvements. We truly value your business and hope your stay does not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels or Resorts. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you as our guest again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

As soon as I walked into the Westin Crown Center I was greeted with smiles. I was guided to the registration desk where I was once again greeted with many more smiles.

Throughout my stay the hotel staff offered up their most utmost professionalism and kindness. They went out of their way to insure my needs were met.

Thanks for having such an "Amazing Staff" which we all know is the backbone of any hospitality industry.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Cecchi24- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm, positive feedback on your stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. The Westin strongly believes in providing signature service and creating a refreshing and memorable stay for our guests. I am so pleased to hear our staff went above and beyond to make sure you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to having you return to our hotel in the future. We will be renovating our lobby at the end of the year and would love to hear what you think of the new improvements. Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were in town for a wedding, so used hotwire the night before and landed on the Westin. I thought the location was easy to get to, and it was close to the wedding ceremony and reception. Parking was a little more expensive than I expected, but not a deal breaker. Here's the cons: 1) no shampoo/conditioner in the room. Yes, I realize that we could have called the front desk and requested some, but we were running late and couldn't wait. 2) the ac unit kept making this clicking sound all night; it didn't keep us up all night, but it made our sleep restless. 3) Our room had two double beds - we could never get the temperature control correct, so my husband and I ended up sleeping in separate beds since we got so hot from being crowded. Again - we could have requested a king size (if it was available), but didn't realize it would interupt our sleep so badly. Now the pros: 1) great location. 2) easy check in/check out. 3) enjoyed the valet parking (only $4 more than self park).

Overall - I'm not sure we'd stay again if we had to pay full price. If we had to be in crown center, this would be the perfect location, regardless of all the cons.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

stefnicole- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments and concerns on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. Being located in the heart of Crown Center is a feature the Westin takes great pride in, and I am pleased to hear it was convenient for you during your stay. We train our staff to provide quick and efficient service and I am glad you recieved that service during your check and and check out. I sincerely apologized for the issues you encountered in your room during your stay. This is not how staying at a Westin should feel like. I have shared your comments with the appropriate department managers so we can avoid these issues in the future. I appreciate your business and would love to have you back to the Westin again in the future. Check out our SeaLife and LegoLand packages in the future which includes parking. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

#1 Just wondering why you charge guests at your hotel $50 a night to park? #2 For the rate that you charge a night (outrageous BTW) there were beer cans, garbage, and coffee cups outside our room. #3 Why did all my friends get a government rate, but when I tried to book a room online I was denied a government rate? I also called and was told that "There were no government rate rooms available." How is that possible? The ONLY reason I stayed at your hotel was because I was visiting to go to a friends wedding and I was willing to shell out the $$$. Our room had stains on the ceiling and the walls. The pipes under the bathroom sink were disgusting. I would NEVER stay here again. The only good thing I can say is that when I left your Bellhop was super nice nice getting me a taxi and helping me with my luggage

Room Tip: Don't get the exercise room or if you book tell them you don't want an exercise room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Anne0416- Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay and have shared your comments with the appropriate departments to let them know about the problems with your room. This is not what staying at the Westin should feel like. As for the parking, we do only charge $15 a night for our self parking and $19 a night for our valet. If you were mischarged please let our accounting department know. We truly value your business and hope your stay does not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels or Resorts. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you as our guest again. Please contact our Front Office Manager, Wes Wilt at your convenience so we can get more details on your stay. Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns.