“All Around Fantastic”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Reasonably priced, quick cab drive to anywhere you'd want to go throughout KC. This is my first ever review but felt obligated as they were quick to resolve a question regarding my billing. We also stayed with dogs & if you let them know with sufficient notice there are rooms on the 6th floor that have a sliding glass door that leads to a green area and then onto the pool.

I travel approximately 50% of the time for work & this was my first stay @ a Westin. Professional/curteous staff, cannot compliment them enough on making everything great.

Room Tip: 6th floor for dogs. Let them know in advance as the rooms back onto a grassy area with tons of room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Ben W- Thank you very much for taking your time to share you positive feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. Hearing that our staff was quick to resolve a question regarding your billing is great to hear. We train our staff to provide quick and efficient service for our guests and it is great to hear they took excellent care fo you. The Westin takes pride in being a pet friendly hotel. I am pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of bringing your pet with you on your trip and utilitze our 6th floor pet friendly area. We would love to have you continue to stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center for your future stays. Check out our Club Lounge upgrade or our SeaLife and LegoLand packages in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,291)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Got a great deal on priceline for 1 Saturday night stay at the Westin. They said that they didn't have any king beds left when we got there, so we got 2 doubles. Beds were comfy, room was quiet and clean. View was lousy. Guess that's what you get when you don't pay full price. The only things bad about the room was the sink stopper was corroded and the battery cover on the phone was missing. They didn't cause us any problems though. The only other thing I didn't like was getting to the hotel from the parking garage caused us to go through double doors and then up a small elevator. This was difficult with luggage as the double doors weren't automatic and the elevator was a little tight with 2 people and 1 suitcase. Guess they would have preferred we use valet. It was well worth it for the price we paid.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 605. Lousy view. Ask for one that faces out the front of the hotel for a view of...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

83Danna77- I appreciate you taking your time to provide your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. The Westin takes great pride in our Heavenly Beds, and it is great to hear you found them refreshing and comfortable. I apologize for the issues you encountered in your room. Thank you for providing us your room number so we can fix these issues in that room. I have passed your comments on to the appropriate departments. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back to our hotel. Check out our SeaLife and LegoLand packages on the Westin website for your future stay.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here on our way to the midwest using 7000 pts for the one night. They allowed our dogs to stay with no pet fee - 2 small schauzers who were greeted graciously by our front desk host! Although they did not provide pet beds or bowls, they were very accomodating by placing us on the 6th floor which had a lanai. It was as if we had our own fenced in back yard for the dogs! Nice room and beautiful hotel in a downtown location.

One note to the hotel - it would be nice to have "dog pots" placed on the 6th floor lanai along with baggies.

Room Tip: If traveling with dogs, please let the hotel know as they will place you on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

GWENCO- Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you were able to bring your 2 dogs along on your trip with you! Being a pet friendly hotel is a great amenity we offer and I am glad you were able to take advantage of that. The Westin genuinely believes in creating personal and memorable experiences for our guests and it is great they helped make your stay more pleasurable and convenient. We look forward to you returning to our hotel in the future. We will be renovating our lobby at the end of the year and would love to hear what you think of the new improvements.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a work function. Great location, overall nice hotel with some nice amenities. I had a few minor issues that were not a big deal but prevented my rating from being 5. The water pressure in the sink is very poor. The temperature is very hard to get right as well. Just washing my face was a task. With that being said, it really was my only complaint. Nice rooms, very clean, friendly staff, great location, fitness center($5.00 to use) but is very large with many options. I would come back with family due to proximity to Legoland and the Aquarium.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Slimluvsbeach- Thank you very much for taking your time to provide your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. We are very proud to be located in the Heart of Crown Center and it is great to hear you were able to enjoy the LegoLand and SeaLife. We train our staff to provide signature service and I am very glad to hear they were able to make you feel welcome. I apologize for the issues you encounted in your room. I have passed your concerns on to the appropriate departments so we can proactively solve these problems so they do not emerge again. We appreciate your business and look forward to you returning to our hotel in the future. Don't forget to check out our SeaLife and LegoLand packages on our website for some great deals.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Although a little older, the interiors seemed fresh and new. The windows were floor to ceiling and we had the most incredible view of downtown KC. Comfortable beds, friendly staff, nice restaurant on site with a small mall attached ... I would always stay here if I ever came back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

jani_Texas- Thank you very much for taking your time to share you positive comments on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. We are very proud of being located in the Heart of Crown Center just blocks away from downtown Kansas City, and I am pleased you were able to enjoy the view of our great city. The Westin is inspired to provide signature service and create a memorable experience for our guests and we hope we were able to provide this to you. The Heavenly Beds is one of the favored amenties at the Westin and I am glad you found it refreshing and comfortable. We can't wait to have you back to the Westin Kansas City. We will be renovating our Lobby at the end of the year and would love to hear what you think of the new renovations.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband & I were traveling the midwest this summer. We spent two nights at the Westin. When we arrived (from Phila.) there was a Irish Festival right out the front door of our hotel. We had to circle around several times to find a way into hotel. When we got into the valet parking we waited a while. Things looked a little crazy because of festival. We arrived about 2 hours before check-in, but were given a room no problem. No one mentioned a festival when we booked our room a month earlier. Now we do like to party :) so we can't complain about that, but quiet and relaxing not by a long shot. Bag pipes & music jamming for the two days we were there. We were told that we were "lucky" we got room because they were overbooked. Well, you could tell this when you got in the elevator and tried to get to the lobby. We (i think) were on the 17th floor a true test in patients. The room as clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that there were several greasy handprints on sliding glass door. The door to the tiny balconly that you couldn't get to because door was locked shut so door only opened a few inches. The greasy handprints (perhaps bbq?) were annoying. Not the end of the world, but for the price I found it hard for the housekeeping to overlook this. However, through the greasy hand prints was a beautiful view of the city. All the staff we had contact with were helpful and friendly. I would return to this hotel and/or reccomend to others. It was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Nofusspot- Thank you very much for taking your time to provide your comments on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so nice your husband and you traveled the Midwest this summer. I am glad you chose to stay at the Westin. We have the Irish Fest every year during the time of your stay and I apologize if this was unexpected for you two. I am glad to hear our staff was accommodating and was able to get you checked into your room early. We are very proud of being located in the Heart of Crown Center with great views of our wonderful city. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the room, and found our Heavenly Bed comfortable. I have passed your comments on about the window to our housekeeping management so we can avoid this in the future. We train our staff to feel empowered and inspired to provide signature service and I am glad you found them helpful and friendly. We would love to have you and your husband back to our hotel again when you return to the Midwest. Check out our LegoLand and SeaLife packages on our website for the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Spent 3 nights here as a result of a business trip- traveling solo female. Check-in was quickly handled, given my choice of room locations. Room nicely furnished, beds good--many pillows. One of the few hotels where I have had a good night's sleep. Clean- nice amenities. Room thermometer/cooling system is lacking somewhat--I had my room temp cranked down to 65 and it got only marginal cooler so that could be improved and other coworkers staying there commented on the same problem. Has a skywalk "Bridge" connecting it to the Sheraton and over to Crown Center where there are a number of good restaurants, bars, activities within walking distance. Service was good-not outstanding but certainly nothing to complain about. I didn't try the restaurant or health club facilities but some of my coworkers ate in the hotel restaurant and said it was good. Great location right in the hub of a lot of things to go.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

DKLT- Thank you very much for providing your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am glad our staff was quick and efficient getting you checked in and making sure you had your preference for a room. Our Heavenly Bed is an amenity the Westin takes great pride in and it is great you found it comfortable and refreshing. I apologize for the inconvenience with the thermometer in your room, however do have engineering on staff at all times that would be happy to fix it at your convenience. I am glad you enjoyed our city as well as convenience of our “Link” to Crown Center and our Union Station. We hope to see you again at the Westin in the near future. We will be renovating our lobby at the end of the year and would love to hear what you think about it.