Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza
$195
InterContinental
$174
  • Restaurant
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$83
$72
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$118
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$119
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$101
$269
$229
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewscountry club plazafront deskunderground parkinggreat bartenderfree shuttlewithin walking distanceshuttle servicehotel baroutdoor poolmile radiusart museumbreakfast buffet ishotel shuttlegreat customer servicehousekeeping staffconvention centerunion station
Reviewed January 17, 2010

My husband had surgery at a nearby hospital during my stay. I felt safe and secure while coming and going, sometimes at odd hours, from the hotel. The room was very comfortable. the view of the Plaza Christmas lights from my room was fantastic. The food and service was great.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I am probably one of the more pickier travelers. I check all reviews before staying at a hotel. I stayed here because an potential employer arranged my accommodations.

1. I ordered from room service the first night since I was alone in the city and did not want to venture out in the 2 degree weather. . I ordered a vegetable panini. It was $13.55, pricey. The sandwich with fries arrived to my room. It was amazing. I felt like I had ordered it from a gourmet restaurant.

2. Room and hotel is extremely clean. I had a room that overlooked the downtown Plaza area. It was quiet and nice. The bed was comfortable, and I slept well. Sheets will need to be replaced soon. Not because they were stained. They were extremely clean, but because after so many washings, they loose their softness. Bathroom is small, but who stays in the bathroom the entire stay. The room itself was large. I had a king bed room. Furniture is old, but everything worked properly in the room.

3. Hotel does need updating throughout. It is nice. I like the lobby area with the big screen TV and computer access. Other then updating, it is a pleasant and peaceful hotel.

4. There is a free continental breakfast in the morning. I thought..probably normal cereal, bagels, donuts. But it was a buffet. If I remember correctly: scrambled eggs, sausage (not the frozen grocery store kind), hot and cold pastries, bagels, oatmeal (with various toppings of your choice), fresh fruit bar, fresh squeezed orange juice (drinks were brought to your table by a waiter), cereal, french toast. I know there was probably more, but I was impressed. And it was delicious!

I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank nmq
Reviewed November 28, 2009

No sleep the first night - radiator in room sounded like an 18-wheeler parked next to our bed. They fixed it on day two, but didn't fix the hot water issue - showers were barely lukewarm until Sunday night - it's like they only have hot water Sun - Thurs.
Only real bonus - decent breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pellyski
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Stayed for one Sunday night before catching a flight back to ORD. First impressions are it was clean but it need of an overhaul. I had a room on the fifth floor and it was spacious but in agreement with a previous review the bathroom was small. Being Kansas were the showerheads positioned at the height of your average munchkin?
What made up for any shortfall was the willingness of the staff to answer my touristy and road dog tired questions. The shuttle driver took me to Gates BBQ and picked me up after eating. The hotel was quiet however I must add. I think 11 USA todays went out the next day! I had a drink at the bar with the pleasant barkeep while watching the baseball and I and another chap were the token gesture.
I was too tired to have a look at the fitness facilities and the only other annoyance was the noisy AC. Remember the control is on the wall and not on the unit. Bed was comforatable and the romm clean if not a little tired. Had a nice view of the sun setting over KC and the lights from the Plaza going on. The location for the plaza is ideal, just a couple of blocks down the street. Breakfast was complimentary being Plat PC and enough to start the day. Could do with a bit more fruit though. The coffee was good to go.
I wouldn't say there was any major issues but there is better and indeed worse out there I suppose. Total bill $133 including the drinks at bar.
Parking lot a bit dire but was free and remember to have your key card handing to get to the elevator.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Spiderpig41
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Clean room but old. The bathroom is very small and the showerhead is too low. Elevators are small and take a long time to wait.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family