$144
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

$91
$134
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$124
$107
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$86
$76
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
All reviewscountry club plazafront deskunderground parkinggreat bartenderfree shuttlehotel barshuttle servicewithin walking distanceoutdoor poolart museumbreakfast buffet ishotel shuttlemile radiusconvention centerunion stationsimonekc
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Above average for a holiday inn. The rooms and facilities were all very clean and well kept. If you are a member of their frequent stay club you receive a free breakfast, full buffet. Much better than you would get at a budget hotel. Outdoor pool very nice with large patio. Location walking distance to te Plaza and many other restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: July 2012
Jim J, Manager at Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

JEG633,
Thank you for your review! I could not have said it better "Good Location, good value". You note one of the addiitonal perks that we offer to our Priorty Club Reward Members- the buffet breakfast! Depending on your rewards level you can choose between complimentary breakfast, complimentary drinks, and bonus rewards points as an additional reward for staying at our property. It's just another way we try to provide the best possible value to our guests. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Should not advertise plaza view rooms. I paid extra money to have a plaza view, but could only see the hotel next door. Truley two blocks off of the plaza. Was not provided with basic ammentities (i.e. soap bar). Bed sheets were like cardboard and very itchy. Odd smells in the hallway and in room. Was very apparent that hotel was old.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dentist2014,
Thank you for feedback. It is through your input that we are able to continuously improve our property and service to exceed guest expectations. We will review your input with our staff.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have had great experience and we are actually checking in for a two night stay this week for our 20th anniversary! It's great having the free shuttle service for a night out at the plaza. The pool is amazing for kids and adults! Looking forward to our stay and once again, the excellent service!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Kerri,
Thank you for the vote of confidence. We look forward to having you back again for your 20th Anniversary!! Choosing our property for such a special event is very rewarding to us and our staff will do our best to make it a great event for you.

Happy Anniversary,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is just tired. The hotel has a smell to it that I cant put my finger on...part mold, part sauerkraut and part baby puke. At 7:00 AM housekeeping is cleaning carpets in the hallway outside my room...really! They said it was cooler in the morning for the staff to work. Coffee delivered....last nights coffee still cold. Internet is way too slow for business travelers. Housekeeping was knocking on my door at 7:30 wondering when I was leaving...well not soon enough!

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor next to the ice machine and it was quiet ...surprise. I would definitlly go for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LoriGray

LoriGray,
Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay here. We have not had any other complaints regarding an unpleasant smell in the property but we will check into this. Since our housekeeping department does not start until after 8 a.m. I am confused as to how they would have knocked on your door at 7:30 a.m.- it is our policy not to disturb guests prior to 9:00 a.m. unless the "please clean my room" sign is on the door handle. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced and we will use your feedback to improve service to all of our guests.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights thru VisitKC.com for a special that included a $40.00 credit for each room for food and drink. My wife checks in and brings back a voucher for 2 free breakfasts. When I asked the night manager about the credit he tells me that I didn't book the "Splash and Save" special. I told him yes I did and he stands there and argues with me about it. He tells me I couldn't have because the price wasn't right and "he deals with this everyday".

He tells me that he will look into it further and call me in my room. Which never happened. The next morning I asked to speak to the day manager to which I was told she was conveniently in a meeting. The rude lady behind the counter says " you must be in 267, yea I heard all about you" Once again I get the " oh I deal with these specials everyday and you didn't book it correctly because your price isn't correct"

If they would look on VisitKC. com they would notice that the price is lower than it is on the Holiday Inn website. We were supposed to stay 2 days but checked out after the first night. Food was average and rooms and customer service are in serious need of an overhaul.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank photo1024
Jim J, Manager at Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear JBlome,
I think you must have selected the wrong hotel for this review. I reviewed the attached photo and it is obviously not from my hotel None of linens have a stiched pattern on them. This photo is definately not from our property. Our pillows, pillowcases, sheets, etc. all have a completely smooth finish. I do apologize for your experience, where ever it was, but this was not here.