“Staff and People Here are Amazing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kansas City Airport Marriott

Kansas City Airport Marriott
Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Staff and People Here are Amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed at the KCI Mariott during the period 2 - 21 February 2014. From the very first night you could tell that the people at this hotel really cared about the guest. It is apparent that the work environment at the hotel is great. I must mention a few of the amazing people working at this property and can only hope you get to encounter them during a stay at the KCI Marriott.

Bryan - Front Desk. When I found out I was going to be late for check in he was more than accomadating ensuring the keys to my room were ready when I got there. Very Nice!

Mary and Nancy - Concierge Lounge. These are two ladies are entrusted with taking care of Marriott's most loyal guest and they do a spectacular job. Not just because it's there job, they truly engage the customer. These ladies make it all about you when you are in their lounge. They maintain and care for you like a member of the family. Every morning and evening seeing them was a morale booster. Service for breakfast and snacks in the evening were awesome. These girls are pros at the hospitality profession! Thanks Nancy and Mary.

Christina - Operations Manager. This lady is great too. She tends to every detail in the hotel ensuring guest satisfaction. She is a great leader I can tell. Christina really cares about the people and property she is entrusted to manage. Don't be surprised to see her roaming the halls in a hurry to make sure that something is special for someone, making sure every detail is taken care of.

Aselynn and Tommy - They handle the bar and restauraunt. There is no slack here. These two are top notch at what they do and that is tending to customers and making them happy. If everything you order isn't just right they will ensure it is made right. The entire wait staff was great but I just happen to get to meet these two exceptional young people who already know about placing service first. Marriott should look to these two for future leadership opportunities. It is apparent they really care about what they do and their craft in the hospitality profession.

This property is just a regular everyday run of the mill Marriott. Just what you would expect from Marriott, that's why we stay right? Good food, nice gym, a pool and comfortabIe beds. This place goes way beyond being a run of the mill Marriott because of people. I hope you all are as fortunate as I was to meet these amazing people. The entire staff was great. From housekeeping to the front desk. Whoever runs this place better watch out, there is a lot of leadership talent at Marriott KCI!!!

Room Tip: You won't beat being on the 9th Floor where Mary will ensure you have nice breakfast and in the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RDickerson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Getting to the hotel via the free shuttle is easy. The staff met me at the door with offers of cookies and milk, which was nice. Check in staff were very friendly. Rooms were average, shower pretty cramped, and here's the one thing that kept this from making this a 'very good' rating: I'm pretty tall. The sheets on the bed are pretty short. If I want a European experience, that's fine. But I don't like my feet sticking out the other end of the bedding, so this is a pretty big deal to me from a comfort perspective. Restaurant was great, portions large, and the serving staff very friendly (I'm from the Midwest, so I don't mind being called 'sweetie' or 'dear' all the time :)). If business brings me to KC again soon I would stay here again.......as long as I was willing to put up with the bedding.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MCIAP_33726, Exec. Admin. Assistant to the GM at Kansas City Airport Marriott, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Matt,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. We greatly appreciate all the feedback we can get; especially when it is as full of compliments as yours!
And we are happy that you enjoyed the Milk & Cookies! This was part of our periodic "Delighters" in which we present unexpected treats for our guests. Depending on a variety of factors, we always try to have something different for these periodic Delights.
However, I am sorry our bed linens were not comfortable to you. We will definitely use this information to make our linens more comfortable for all of our guets!
Please contact the Executive Office the next you stay at the Kansas City Airport Marriott because I would love the opportunity to thank you in person.
Best regards,
Bob Hickman
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We moved here from the down town marriott. The rooms are so much better and homely , we even have a real fire in the living room , the pool is good and the gym just a touch small but communal areas are well looked after.
The staff are pleasant and try to help even with seemingly odd requests lol. Worth staying here as local amenities are also good. Great shuttle service as well.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank gbjl247
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

When I arrived the gal behind the counter informed me that I was at the wrong hotel. However she offered a room to me, and actually upgraded me to Gold status.
With this came the complimentary internet and breakfast.
The restaurant was great, I'd go down in the evenings and have a bit to eat as well as drinks. It was a nice relaxing environment, with plenty of conversation.
Thank you goes out to the staff, for helping out that week, and ensuring I was taken care of and very satisfied.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sunningdale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I can recommend the Marriott, Kansas City Airport. This clearly has little to do with the very poor Marriott chain of hotels in the UK. It's a good, business style hotel very close to the airport – essential if you have a 06:50 flight like ours. And it is well priced at slightly under $200 for the night. The T-Bones bar is very nice indeed and the adjoining restaurant is good. Our waitress didn't have much to do as it was pretty quiet, but she catered to our every need – which was not easy as there were eight of us for dinner. Didn't get to try the breakfast as we had a very early start. Very good hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has been working through the last couple of years to do an external and internal facelift. It may not be the most modern hotel but it has the most personal staff. You can relax in comfort here. I spend an average of 60 to 90 days a year at this location. The rest the year is spent traveling around the United States. This is one of my most favorite hotels.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank AAAJPS
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Yes, it is very convenient to the KC airport and public areas of the hotel were nice. Restaurants and hotel staff were wonderful. The room was rather tired and the bathroom was pitiful. The heating system was ridiculous…either all-out heat or you had to turn it off. The thermostat didn't know how to regulate temps. Several people on shuttle to the airport made the same comment regarding their rooms. Perhaps other areas of the hotel have better rooms but our room was basic and bathroom was substantially lower grade than others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family