“Great airport location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great airport location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Easy friendly check-in. Rooms are small and out dated. The furniture is badly worn and the carpet is old and stained. Bath room is what I call a "spinner" you can stand in the middle, turn in a circle and do everything you would do there without taking a step, small. Ate at the bar, good comfort food attentive staff.
Would stay here again because I don't need fancy just quick and safe.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Passing through Kansas City on a long road trip we rented two rooms for two nights here. Rooms are very quiet; beautifully decorated and very clean. Beds extremely comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet both mornings. The staff is among the most friendly we've ever met. Everyone greeted us personally and helped us feel welcome. The STAR is the omelet cook - this associate hugged each of us when we checked out. She had us laughing at our table. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. The property has a beautiful lake view and free parking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LoveCarmel42
Russell, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I can always count upon the KCI Marriott to provide me with first-class accomodations and a price which won't bust my budget. The rooms are always clean, the linens are always fresh, the bed is oh so comfortable, and now with the new HDTVs in the rooms plus the great selection on pay-per-view, you can fall asleep to whatever your heart desires.

Try the restaurant. It is fabulous. The steaks are well worth it, the pizza is outstanding, and the salmon made me want to go back for seconds. I am not a big fan of hotel restaurants, but T-Bone Charlie's is the exception.

Don't be put off by the location. Unless you're really hell-bent on staying downtown, the location actually works well. It's only five minutes north of Zona Rosa, a 24-screen movie theater and several dining options. You can also take I-435 out to Clay County and find the large selection of suburban fare in and around LIberty. Also take 435 to go to Worlds of Fun, the casinos and the sports complex. It's not that bad of a drive.

And don't worry about airplane noise. I've never had a problem with it. The shuttle runs frequently to and from KCI. And there's usually a few lovely flight attendants making their way through, a sight for sore eyes.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DNSKansas
las vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

The service was great,only quams I had were outdated gym facilities and rooms. The restaurant on site has a few healthy options and great breakfast of an array of fruit and fresh oatmeal.

Room Tip: The concierge lounge is not open after Friday at. About 6 and reopens Monday morning. Really? Why h...
1 Thank beachretirement
Northern VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

I arrived late one afternoon, a bit hurried as I had been driving around and dropping business colleagues at other airport hotels. To a person they had tried to get rooms at the Airport Marriott, but I was the only one who was able to get a room at our business per diem rate. And I was definitely the lucky one!

Upon arriving at the front desk I was greeted by Rachel, who gave me a big smile and proceeded to check me in quickly and efficiently. She was very friendly and answered all my questions; she even gave me some ideas on where to go shopping, and she pointed out that the hotel ran a free shuttle to a major outdoor shopping center. If I wanted, they would give me a ride over there and then come on back when I was ready to return.

I proceeded up to my room, and as I walked down the hall I was greeted by the cleaning staff with, again, a big smile.

The room was clean, and the additional pillows I had requested were sitting in the bed. I usually request extra pillows at every location, but it is hit or miss as to whether I get them. Being placed on the end of the bed was appreciated.

The bathroom was a bit smaller than most I've experienced at Marriott properties, but it was spotless. It definitely could only be used by one person comfortably at a time.

The concierge lounge was open, so I went up there to get a quick bite and a drink. It was smaller than any other concierge lounge I've been to, but it was comfortable and had a great selection of healthy food. Oh, and they had the obligatory barbeque beef sandwiches awaiting those who came by. I would expect nothing less in Kansas City! I also appreciated the grilled vegetables and the humus with pita bread.

I had to leave early the next morning to catch a flight back home, but I found that the shuttle was very efficient and on time. Even at 5 a.m. it was packed (it runs every 20 minutes), and I was the last to leave the vehicle. However, at the next to last stop (and when it was evident I was going to be the last off) the driver made a point of bringing my bag forward so that I could simply walk off the van and into the check in area. Very much appreciated!

I've stayed at other Marriott properties in Kansas City on previous business trips, but this one is now my favorite and one I'd recommend to all!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the lake.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I've stayed here several times and it never disappoints. Very reasonable rates, friendly staff, great shuttle service, always clean, lots of channel offerings on TV. It's just a good, no-hassle place.

University City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

You can't miss the airport Marriott because it abuts a manmade lake. My$200 room had cigarette burns on the carpet, chipped furniture, a sagging drop ceilling above the shower, and a show fixture that nearly pulled off in my hand. Breakfast was too expensive for a a couple of eggs, grease-swimming hash browns, and a turkey sausage patty with the consistency of a shower curtain. The airport shuttle was very handy. Did I mention the manmade lake?

Room Tip: I'll stay at the Airport Hilton next time

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels