Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Roslin Hotel(Kansas City)
1,756 results
All reviewscrown centerthe linkunion stationthe club loungeroom servicestarbucks coffeeattending a conferenceper daybusiness trippower and light districtparking garageself parkenjoyed my stayvery nice hotelbed was very comfortablesprint centerfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for a two night weekend get-away and enjoyed it for the most part. The staff were helpful and friendly. Chatty, even.

We checked in around 1:30 p.m. and found the hallway on our floor with a mounds of dirty linen in front of several rooms on our way to ours. It struck me that this did not make a good first impression. There was even a pile of linen in front of our own room! Our room with king size bed was large. A lot of previous reviews have raved about how comfortable the beds are. Did no one else have a flat sheet as a bottom sheet that didn't stay tucked in so that in the middle of the night, you find yourself sleeping directly on top of the mattress? I don't know why hotels do this---does it save money to not use fitted sheets? The down comforter was sandwiched between two flat sheets but not as a duvet. Just two sheets and the comforter. Add this tangle to the bottom sheet and you end up sleeping like a mummy. After the first night of mummy-sleep, we left for an afternoon Royals ball game and returned at 3:30 to find our room still had not been cleaned. A call to housekeeping produced immediate results but we opted just for clean towels (and a post-game nap.)

We ate outside the hotel the first night but on the second we secured late reservations (Skies was full but graciously accommodated us with a 9:00 table.) We have dined in other revolving restaurants so the experience wasn't new for us. But it is still fun to watch the city go by. The food was good but expensive. The kind of prices one would expect to pay in New York City. ($25-35 entrees.) My salad was supposed to be field greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots. The cucumbers and carrots were missing and I mentioned it to our server. She said she would let the chef know. Usually in cases like this, the charge is removed from the bill or a new salad is offered. That didn't happen. I'm not sure what the point is then of informing the chef. Overall, the meal was very good.

Having booked through Travelocity, we had a reasonable rate for the weekend. I would have been disappointed, however, if I had paid close to the rack rate.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EAB24
Reviewed May 26, 2007

We got a great rate through Priceline for Fri/Sat nights for Memorial Day Weekend ($51/night + taxes) and found the hotel easily on Friday night. The room was fine, the view was great and we quickly freshened up and headed to The Plaza for dinner. The hotel was very convenient location-wise and we were fine with the $13.50 self-parking in the garage.

The soundproofing in the hotel isn't great and you hear the doors slam from all the rooms around you all night long. I forgot to bring a fan which usually helps with this issue. My biggest complaint was the lack-of-good air-conditioning. We had the room set at 49.0 the entire 2 days and it never got "cold" in the room. We had friends on another floor and they found the same issue. It's miserable to sleep when you can't get the room ice-box like!

There was also no full length mirror in the room (the closet door has some texturized plastic) and when I went roaming in the hallways, elevators and lobby I never found a full mirror. Felt kind of odd. The lack of a small coffee-maker in the room is totally ridiculous. We just stayed at the Hyatt in Dallas 2 weekends ago and they had them so this is an obvious ploy by this specific hotel to drum up Starbucks sales.

We loved the "Link" to the shops and went both Fri and Sat. We also used the health club (nice) and hot tub (~blech~). We ordered a pizza to-go from the sports bar on Sat. night and the kids proclaimed it "excellent" - the price was only $12.95 for a 14" cheese pizza - not bad.

We took in a Royals game and the hotel is convenient to make it to/from the stadium and other areas in Ks. City easily. If not for the A/C issue, I'd definitely book again. Maybe in winter when the room might actually be cool?

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2007

The Hyatt is just south of downtown KC, adjacent to Crown Center and Union Station by an enclosed walkway. What's really nice about staying here is that you can eat at any restaurant in Crown Center (there are a few) and you can charge it to the room. Several restaurants available in Crown Center, as well as a movie theatre and some shopping. Hotel itself is pretty nice for the price that you pay. Decent sized rooms, comfortable beds.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 23, 2007

We spent one night at the Hyatt Crown Center and found it to be nothing impressive. The rooms are small, and you about need a step stool to get onto the nothing great "Grand Bed." The linens and pillows were nice. They don't use a fitted sheet though, so the bottom sheet does not stay on the bed. There is no coffee pot in the room. Of course, they want you go downstairs to the $4.00 a cup Starbucks!! The bathroom was very small, and nothing fancy. The room was very clean, but we did notice the hallways looked as if they hadn't been vacuumed in awhile. The worse part was the elevators, what a nightmare. This elevator goes to these floors, and this one goes to these floors, and then this one goes up the Skies restaurant on the top floor. Then to get to Skies from your room, you have to take the elevator down to lobby, and switch elevators, or you have to go up to the 28th floor, and switch elevators. After all of that switching, we made it to Skies, only to be told there was a 30 minute wait to go into the lounge to experience the beautiful view of KC. There was not a soul waiting in the entrance area, and we could see several open tables in the lounge, so I am not sure what that was all about!! The elevators were also very dirty, with a lot of garbage, and stuff spilled in them. Then there is the elevator to the pool area, which is not with the other elevators. It is all the way across the lobby, up an escalator and down the hall almost to the Link(that connects you with the Crown Center) in the strangest place, across from the Sports bar. You get in it, and there is an H, M, L, on the buttons, and that is it, no descriptions of what they are. So we push H for, I guess Health Club, you get off the elevator, and go up 1 1/2 flights of stairs, or you guessed it...another elevator. Then you use your key to get into a door, followed by a long hallway that leads to another door, into the fitness center, (which seemed to have nice equipment, but we didn't use it). Inside the fitness center is another door, that finally gets you to the pool, which is outside on the roof, and it is the ugliest pool area I have ever seen!! The sign on the door said the pool would be closed if the outside temperature was below 20 degrees. It was in the 60's and the water was so cold you couldn't stand to be in it...I can't imagine how it would have felt at 25 degrees. So we decided to swim under the little opening to go inside to the jacuzzi. What a joke, the jacuzzi is a concrete hole cut out of the floor. The water was luke warm, and it only had 2 jets!!! The windows that faced out to the pool were so filthy dirty that you couldn't even see out of them. Maybe that's by design, so you don't have to look at the ugly pool area. I would expect much better from a Hyatt. We got a deeply discounted rate, and I would have been very very disappointed if I had paid the full price of $150.00-$200.00 a night. We did not try any of the restaurants at the Hyatt. We went across the street to the Westin, where there is a wide variety of choices in the Crown Center shops. It is also a major ordeal to get from the parking garage to the lobby. The garage is really disgusting, and scary at night. The ceilings aren't finished off, and it looks like spray on insulation hanging down everywhere. All for the outrageous price of $13.50 a day to park your car!
On a positive note, the staff we encountered were all very friendly, and we only had to wait a few minutes to check in, and also to check out. They had kiosks there, for checking in/out, but we did not try those. I have stayed at the Westin across the street (connected by the Link) and I will definately choose it over the Hyatt in the future.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2007

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Crown Center Feb. 2-4, 2007. This hotel was excellent.
The lobby is very nice, very large, restaurants and Starbucks just a staircase or escalator ride away. Check in was complete in about 5 minutes. There is a bellman to take your luggage for your, a valet to park your car. Parking was $13.50 a day, but that was the average parking price in that area for the hotels I looked at online.

The room was great. Very clean, nice comfortable beds, lovely bedding with a lot of pillows. Nice bathroom, roomy. Huge desk, two chairs, two double beds. Check out my pics to see the room and our excellent view from the 29th floor.

The service was impeccable. They helped with everything. We ordered room service, just cocoa, cake, and milk, but it was all tasty (that cake was AMAZING!!!) and the server was fabulous. Any time we needed directions they were there with a smile. We got lost looking for a venue and the bellman was more than helpful with the directions, even though it was an obscure venue known for hardcore music. Late that night the front desk immediately listed for us 24 hour dining places, even a place that delivered.

The breakfast buffet was delicious. So many choices for $12.99 a person, half price for kids under 12...free for smaller kids. The service was incredible there as well...they took great care to please the kids, even though my 5-year-old was extremely cranky.

The hotel is connected via glass walkway to Crown Center Shopping which was very nice...plenty of dining options there from Einstein Bros. Bagels to the upscale Milano's. The walkway also connects all the way to the Union Station where Science City is located. We spend a whole day there. The hotel is so conveniently located we never had to move our car from the parking garage.

I can't wait to stay here again.

Stayed: February 2007