“terrific customer care made for a very comfortable stay”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was my first time staying at this particular KC hotel, and I was most impressed. I'm a platinum member in the SPG chain, so I've stayed at quite a fair number of the Sheraton hotels both in the USA and in Europe. The beds are always comfortable in a Sheraton, which is one of the primary reasons I'm so loyal to the chain!

The check-in was flawless and I was pleased to find out that I'd been upgraded to a very nice suite. One of the most impressive things about the hotel is the view from the top floor - WOW! The rooms are nicely decorated, and the standard amenities more than adequate. All in all, a very pleasant stay; I'll definitely be back when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

JaniceELane- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was able to provide quick and efficient service to ensure you experience is as comfortable and accommodating as possible. Your loyalty to Starwood is very important to our team and it means a lot you were found our Club Lounge Level top notch and were able to relax in the comfort of your guest room after a long day. WE value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton family in the future.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Reviewed July 2, 2014

this place is very good. the location is great. near some great shopping and eateries. they took good care of me even though I was solo. they are a little pricey, but are very good. room was nice. easy drive to some good eating places. and right in Crown center. due to the parking issues there, I did like that I could be on a bus route, to go to the Country Club plaza area. I could also drive there, if I wished to pay some high prices for a parking garage on the Country club plaza. real easy drive to the West port area. and the K C Power and light district.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Bill G- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of all the fun sites and dining in Crown Center! It is our goal to create as comfortable and accommodating a stay as possible. It means a lot our team was able to create a positive experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was the second time that I stayed at this hotel and this stay was very pleasant. The entire staff was incredibly helpful and the location is great. The crown center, 1 blocks away, has some great shops and eateries and even a few family activities. The hotel is clean. The restaurant on the 2nd floor has great food and drinks. It was truly a great stay this time.

Room Tip: End of the hallway rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

MJR3Baltimore- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great experience you had with us this year and that our staff was friendly and accommodating ensuring you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you were able to take advantage of all the area has to offer at your convenience. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this high rise connected to Crown Center for a conference. It is beautiful, offers a stellar view and a full range of luxury accommodations, and features a friendly and accessible staff that delivers 5 star customer service.

The rooms were large and well decorated in modern decor. From our very high floor we had an amazing view after the long elevator ride (a bit unsettling to be able to see daylight through the corners of a non-glass elevator though). The room was generally quite clean, although we had a stain on one of the white comforters. Our room was very quiet despite being right by the elevators. We did have Starbucks coffee in the room, which was nice. We opted to go green (skip housekeeping services by hanging up a special door hanger by 2AM) and enjoyed $5 to the snack bar downstairs, where we could buy milk for our toddler and store excess in the fridge in the room.

We were able to walk to Crown Center and area attractions through a glass tunnel, which allowed us some other dining options. This was necessary to supplement catering during our conference. We had 2 meals and both were grilled chicken breasts with different seasoning and a couple asparagus spears (literally 2-3), a not very memorable starch, and a tasty dessert. The food tasted good and was prepared well, but not much variety and just very standard catered food. Many men in the group walked to Crown Center to get more food right afterwards. The conference planner may have selected the food, so the essential repeat may not have been the hotel's fault.

Overall a good conference experience, especially for such a large hotel, and no long waits for elevators like I've had at other large conference hotels. I hope to attend other conferences there in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014

Cindy447- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear our staff went above and beyond to provide signature service during your stay. It is our goal to ensure our guests have everything they need for a comfortable and relaxing stay. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, and how great you were able to indulge in all the area has to offer at your convenience. I appreciate you sharing your feedback on the quality of food you received during your banquet. I have shared your comments with the appropriate teams to ensure we are providing the freshest, highest quality meals to our guests. We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The staff was very polite and helpful. The room was nice with a good view of the city. Located directly across from Crown Center and Union Station. Thanks for helping make our stay in K.C. enjoyable!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Doug P- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was warm and welcoming from the moment you arrived. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am pleased you were able to take advantage of all the great sites and dining at your convenience. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Fantastic stay at the Sheraton! Lego Land was within walking distance and the rooms were very nice, updated and comfortable. We loved the fact that it was a convention hotel because it gave our two year old plenty of room to run around in when it was too hot outside! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

dogloversanantonio- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a top notch stay you had with us and that your family was able to indulge in all the fun sites and shops in Crown Center. We are very fortunate to be surrounding many of Kansas City's most popular attractions for families. It is our goal as a Sheraton to create as comfortable and welcoming an experience as possible. It means a lot to our team to hear your family received this experience. We truly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future to create more memories.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Recently I attended a conference at this hotel. Everything was perfect. The service, facilities, food, and available entertainment and dining were fantastic. I can't say enough good things about this city and the Sheraton.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dena B- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear what a great experience you had with us and that our staff was able to go above and beyond to create such a successful conference! We strive to provide warm, welcoming top notch service and it means a lot to our team to know we were able to create this for all of you. We value your business and look forward to having you back in the future to create another memorable stay!