“Outstanding Service - Outstanding Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Wichita, Kansas
“Outstanding Service - Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center along with my daughter and 16 month old grandson, who was scheduled for procedures at Children's Mercy Hospital. After making my reservation I received an email from the General Manager welcoming me! I contacted his office to discuss some special needs we had the day before my grandson's procedures. I was amazed at the quick response, the compassion and concern for my grandson, and how willing they were to accommodate my needs, and even beyond. Upon check-in, we received a cheery welcome, and everyone from the bellman, the front desk and club room staff, and everyone else we met went above and beyond to assure we had everything we needed and offered their thoughts and prayers over the 3 days we were at the hotel. Even as we were leaving the hotel the bellman was so kind to ask about how my grandson was doing. Absolutely amazing!! I travel for a living and this was one of the best hotels as far as customer service I have ever experienced. Without a doubt, should I need to stay overnight in the Kansas City area again -- hopefully the next time for a pleasure trip -- I will stay at the Sheraton Crown Center, even if it means additional driving to do so. I am that impressed! Thank you to all of the wonderful staff!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
ds- I appreciate you taking your time to share your warm feedback on your recent stay with us at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear our staff made you feel warm and welcome, going above and beyond to ensure you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. It blows me away to read about the top notch experience you had. Sheraton strives to create uplifting and authentic hospitality to our guests and knowing we were able to do this means so much to our team. We truly value your loyalty and look foward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton family in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Finnish first
Southlake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Recently stayed at the Sheraton for the annual Irish Fest. My wife is recovering from femur surgery follwed by two femur breaks [almost two years now] and she has limited mobility. The convenience of the hotel to events at the Fest made our experience so much better. From our arrival and assistance of the bell staff and valets, to the check in process, everything moved like clockwork. Our son and his family from the Chicago area was meeting us in KC [we're from the DFW area] and we requested and received adjoining rooms. With my wife's physical limitations, she hasn't seen the grandchildren very often during during the past two years and our stay at the Sheraton allowed for a great family reunion. Our granddaughter was in the Irish dance competition at the Fest and the connecting walkway system to the event made going to and from the hotel easy. We enjoyed the pool area and restaurant during the stay and didn't have any problems. While there were some partyiers on the floor one night and our son had to call the front desk, who alredy was on the scence, both my wife and I slept through any distrurbance.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul P- Thank you very much for sharing your uplifting feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. Knowing our team was able to help create the greatest weekend ever means so much, and is why we love our job here at Sheraton! Our staff strives to create memorable and relaxing experiences for our guests and I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate your family with adjoining rooms, helping to create a convenient fun weekend. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to enjoy all the fun and excitement of the Irish Fest just right outside of our doors! We truly value your loyalty and look foward to welcoming your family back to the Sheraton in the future to continue to create top notch, memorable experiences for you! Thank you again for sharing your warm comments.
Clinton, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I attended a conference at this hotel. The total experience was just great. I was greeted with smiles by the bell staff and that continued through the parking attendant as I was leaving. Everyone was helpful and provided excellent suggestions when I made inquiries. My conference experience was good as well. The meeting rooms, meals and breakouts were wonderful. The cocktail party on the outdoor games deck gave a one-of-a kind experience with a fabulous view of the downtown Kansas City skyline. The team is to be commended.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the downtown side have a great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Kelli J- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great experience you had with us during your conference and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making you feel warm and welcome! It is our goal to create as uplifting an memorable an experience as possible and hearing all the amazing feedback you have provided means so much to our team. We value your loyalty and look forward to having the opportunity to create many more top notch stays!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel for a convention I was attending at the beginning of June. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful! The fitness center was fantastic (more equipment than most hotels), and the accessibility to restaurants and shops was great! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Kansas City.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mls4747- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments on your recent stay with us at Sheraton Crown Center. It is so great to hear what a top notch stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a relaxing and comfortable stay. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounding many great shops and restaurants and I am pleased you were able to enjoy all the Crown Center had to offer at your convenience. We truly value your loyalty to Sheraton and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hotel far exceeded my expectations. From the fast and friendly check in to the comfortable room my stay was restful and pleasant. The location was wonderful and close to shopping, entertainment and restraunts. I had no negative issues whatsoever. I definitely will return.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Beckermd68- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is great to hear our team was freindly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a comfortable and relaxing stay. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am delighted you were able to enjoy all the great attractions and restaurants in the area at your convenience. We value your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton family in the future. Thank you again for your comments.
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Several days ago, my sister and I attended a family reunion, and based on reviews and location, I selected the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center.
We were there from Friday early afternoon, leaving very early Monday morning.
The hotel is easy to locate...downtown near Crown Center...and not too far from the growing in popularity area, Power and Light District. (Lots of jazz clubs and restaurants.)
We arrived around 1pm, and were glad to find our room was ready.
I was asked if we wanted a room on a lower or higher floor...I selected higher, and the very personable and helpful Patrick, who was behind the desk, gave us a room on the 30th floor.
We were both pleased to find a well appointed room, with a fantastic view of the city.
(By the way, the beds slept great!)
My sister wanted coffee...(they offer Starbucks in your room)..but wanted cream instead of creamer...
Heide, who was down the hall working in housekeeping, went out of her way to find the cream for my sister...much appreciated.
There really weren't any downsides to staying at this hotel...except perhaps for the parking fees. If you are a guest of the hotel, I don't understand why they have to charge you $16 dollars a night to park your car. Quite a ripoff if you ask me...perhaps cut that in half for guests.
Otherwise, it was a wonderful stay...and I must say, all of the staff were very helpful...with recommendations...and assistance.
Also, the hotel is very close to interstates...
I will be back to Kansas City next year...and plan to stay at the Sheraton Crown Center.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor...great views of the city!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
singlemommy1- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on you recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It means a lot to our team to hear what a great stay you had during your family reunion and that you were able to take advantage of all the great attractions in the Crown Center area! We are very fortunate to be surrounding many of Kansas City's favorite attractions. It is our goal as a Sheraton to create as personable and relaxing a stay as possible for our guests and knowing our staff went above and beyond to make sure your family had a top notch stay is great. We truly value your loyalty and we look forward to having you back as our guest to create many more memorable experiences.
O'Fallon, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here 8/1/13 - 8/4/13 for the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament convention. One person in our party of two was in a wheelchair, so we opted for an accessible room. After checking into our room, we noted long black hair on the bathroom floor. At first we thought it was just a few strands, so tried to wipe it up. We then noted there was a lot of hair behind the door and throughout the bathroom. We called the front desk and a housekeeping staff member came to our room within 20 minutes. She was astounded to see so much hair and was going to report it to her supervisor (we never heard anything from a supervisor). When the housekeeper finished wiping up the bathroom floor, her white rag looked black. We took our showers later that evening and found the bath towels to be very thin and a dingy gray color (they were supposed to be white). Some of the towels were even threadbare. This was true for our entire stay when they changed out the towels daily. We found the room to be dusty. Some areas had not seen a duster in a long time. The curtains were hanging of the rod pins in several places and the curtains were also dirty. We really expected more from a Sheraton, especially as a Starwood Preferred Guest holder (Sheraton's reward points membership).

The elevators in the hotel were unsafe for a wheelchair bound guest. The elevator door would open and the wheelchair was pushed immediately into the elevator. However, if someone in the elevator was not holding the "door open" button, the elevator doors would close on the wheelchair. This would even occur when strong men tried to forcibly hold the doors open. We wonder if this is a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

All guests should be aware of the parking fee for this hotel in addition to the room rate. Our parking fee was $16/night. Also, there is an 18.219% fee added to your room rate for state tax, KC development fee, and city tax.

After checking out, we contacted the Sheraton and asked to speak to the manager. We were connected to Maurizio who stated he was the manager. We are not sure what type of manager after reviewing Trip Advisor responses from Steve, the General Manager. Maurizio said they would retrain their staff and offered us 2,000 points to our Starwood Preferred Guest account, which we accepted. After the phone conversation, we found that the minimum points needed for this hotel is 7,000 per night. We now feel we should have been offered more points or a partial refund. Next time, we will do our homework before contacting management.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ofallon
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
ofallon- I appreciate you taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent experience with us at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize your stay was less than perfect with us due to the servicing of your guest room as well as if you felt unsafe using our elevators. It is our goal as a Sheraton for our guests to feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible, accommodating any of our guests needs to ensure they have the best stay possible. This is not at all what your experience at Sheraton should feel like. We take this feedback very seriously and I have addressed the matters regarding your room with our housekeeping team to further investigate where our team fell short and ensure this does not occur in the future. I have also shared your comments regarding the elevators with our engineering team so we can make sure our guests feel safe. We truly value your business and would love the opportunity to have you back to create a top notch stay. If you would like to further discuss your experience please contact our Director of Rooms, Shawn Duke at shawn.duke@starwoodhotels.com. Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.