“Very disappointed!!”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Since I was a little kid my parents said when I turn 18 and graduate high school that they would take me to skies.. Well I'm 18 and still never got to go. I think that the hotel should take all of the hints and put something that is better then a lounge.. Seriously a hotel lounge? What a waste such a cool place to go for people who live in Kansas where there really is not to much excitement.

I had been looking forward to being able to finally go eat in a rotating building on top of another building!!! One of the best views of the city so I've read an heard! Please turn this into a club or a restaurant again please I can almost bet the not only the popularity of the hotel will increase but also so will the income. And in this world it's all about the $$$.

Still hoping that someday this will be something better then a lounge that you have to pay a 30$ fee to access that's ridiculous 30$ could have paid for the meal that I should have gotten to eat on my eighteenth birthday. You are taking a great thing from us people in Kansas and I'm hoping that this review may help the situation. Also I probably would rent out a room for a night just for the restaurant but I guess that's out of the question.

Disappointed
-DJ

• Stayed: June 2012
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Deejbeech- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect regarding the issues you encountered with the new Club Lounge. Your experience was not at all what staying at a Sheraton should feel like and your feedback can only help us provide a more renewing experience for all guests. I have shared your comments regarding the club lounge with our team. We hope you stay does not reflect negatively on other Starwood hotels and would love the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I took in the NCAA BB Tournament and stayed at the Sheraton for a couple nights. One word sums up our stay, outstanding. Easy check in, courteous staff, comfortable room. Walking distance to CrownC and a short shuttle or cab ride to Sprint C or P&L District. We'll be back!

Steve Concordia, KS

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janae C

Janae C- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am so happy to hear your stay was outstanding and that our staff went above and beyond to ensure your stay was as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to take advantage of the location during the NCAA basketball tournament! We look forward to having you back in the future and creating another outstanding stay!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went to KC for the NCAA basketball tournament 3/20/13-3/25/13. Despite 8 inches of snow - our trip was perfect. The staff at the Sheraton exceeded excellence!! Carlos met us each morning in the Sheraton Club where we enjoyed morning coffee, fruit and pastries. He even remembered what type of latte we wanted and made our day start out perfectly! When we needed a bit more heat in our room, Kenneth went above and beyond to provide the best customer service!!! Every one of our encounters with the Sheraton staff was wonderful - but Carlos and Kenneth made our trip outstanding! Will definitely stay here again. Beautiful hotel, the "Link" takes you right to Crown Center and the Train Depot is a "must visit." Thank you for a perfect get-away!

Room Tip: North rooms overlook downtown KC
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Nancy R- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am so happy to hear your stay was perfect and our staff went above and beyond to ensure you had everything you needed for a successful stay. Knowing our staff was able to make such an impact on your stay means so much to our team! I have shared your kind words to our team so our staff receives the well desired recognition they so greatly deserve. It is great to hear you were able to take advantage of our link covered walkway to visit all of the shops and restaurants located in the Crown Center! We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center. Your business means a lot to our team and we cannot wait to have you back to create another signature stay! Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked at the Sheraton to enjoy legoland and sealife with the kids. This hotel was so convenient to getting to all the activities by the link. We didn't even have to go outside (as it was snowing). The link was so convenient. Carlos was great and catered to the kids needs for breakfast. He really made our stay special. We stayed an extra night due to the weather and had no problems at all. We were able to keep the same room.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the Club level and this was definately worth the extra money spent.! The kids enjoye...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bridget s

bridget s- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the new Sea Life and Lego Land in the Crown Center square! We are very excited about these new additions to the area and I am happy your kids had a great time! I am pleased our staff went above and beyond and took great care of your kids, making your stay extra special. I have shared you kind words with our team so our staff receives the appropriate recognition. :) We value your business and look forward to having your family back in the future to create another warm and memorable stay.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

stayed March24th 2013. nice place. hotel restaurant: we were going to take advantage of the kids eat free deal....NOT OPEN.its a maze to get to the pool!! All of the stores, and some restaurants are extremely OVER PRICED!! I know I got had twice! one restaurant bill was almost as much as my hotel bill for 2 adults and 3 small children no less!! (Thanks Milano) for nothing. The service counter never answered my call when trying to order room service, the room closet molding was falling down almost smashed my sons foot. And to top it off they have no vending machines, therefor you have to use the gift store in the lobby OMG! 1 BAG OF POPCORN, ONE SINGLE PACK OF CRACKERS, AND 3 20 OZ. SODAS= $21 and some channge!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? SETUP AND HIGHWAY ROBBERY

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Myranda W- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect with the frustrations of our team not answering your calls as well as the closet molding. Your experience was not at all what staying at a Sheraton should feel like and your feedback can only help us provide a more renewing experience for all guests. We have addressed this issue with our housekeeping team as well as guest services management to ensure issues such as this do not reoccur on any futures stays. We are the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center have devoted time and energy into building a world class brand. All of our training starts with “It’s all about the Guest”. Our goal is to transform the guest experience so that it is different, better and special, which builds guest satisfaction and loyalty.

We truly value your business and hope that your experience here will not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels or Resorts. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was booked a room at The Sheraton for a two day orientation with my new company. I spent the first night exploring the hotel and the second night walking "The Link". I had such a good time! Every other hotel I have stayed at for business purposes only offered a parking lot view and a continental breakfast. The Sheraton had a beautiful view of the city and offered way more than just a continental breakfast. I definitely recommend staying here and will be, again, if ever in Kansas City.

Room Tip: I recommend any view of the downtown area. I was on the 31st floor, and the city was absolutely bea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Adam Q- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our Link covered walkway to visit all of the create attractions in the Crown Center area! I am happy you were able to relax in the comfort of your room and enjoy the beautiful view of Kansas City from your window. Your comments mean a lot to our team and we look forward to creating many more signature stays in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My stay this year was a very pleasurable experience. The room was very clean with a comfortable bed and quite adaquate furniture. Housekeeping tidied up the room each of the three days of my stay very nicely. When in Kansas City, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

R H- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax in the comfort of your Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. It is our goal as a Sheraton to have our guests be as comfortable as possible and I am happy our staff took great care of your room. We value your loyalty to the Sheraton and look forward to creating another top notch stay in the future.